Predator Tour

baby huey

Verified Member
I've been watching recent events which were sponsored by Predator and Matchroom Sports. Wow, there presentations and prize funds are so much better than anything I've seen lately. Predator now makes cues, cloth and tables. They have invested a lot of money and time to corner the market and I think they are succeeding. I'm of the opinion that they are going to corner the "Pool/Billiards" market INTERNATIONALLY and quite soon. We will be relegated to local events only and that the real money the players will be going for will be outside the USA. Actually it has already happened. I also think that the above mentioned groups will tap into the Pool Leagues market as well. Leagues like BCA and APA may be feeling the crunch soon. The USFL is coming at the NFL this year and all these sports leagues are vying/positioning themselves to capture a significant market share for their respective programs. The only events we have that compete internationally are the DCC and the US Open. Is this a good thing? I don't know but I do know that our programs mostly are 2nd rate if you look at our presentations and events. Our live streams are often quite rank and we complain here about them all the time. Americans IMO no longer are the best players and/or promoters of pool. Is that news to anyone?

FreeMoney

Verified Member
I've been watching recent events which were sponsored by Predator and Matchroom Sports. Wow, there presentations and prize funds are so much better than anything I've seen lately. Predator now makes cues, cloth and tables. They have invested a lot of money and time to corner the market and I think they are succeeding. I'm of the opinion that they are going to corner the "Pool/Billiards" market INTERNATIONALLY and quite soon. We will be relegated to local events only and that the real money the players will be going for will be outside the USA. Actually it has already happened. I also think that the above mentioned groups will tap into the Pool Leagues market as well. Leagues like BCA and APA may be feeling the crunch soon. The USFL is coming at the NFL this year and all these sports leagues are vying/positioning themselves to capture a significant market share for their respective programs. The only events we have that compete internationally are the DCC and the US Open. Is this a good thing? I don't know but I do know that our programs mostly are 2nd rate if you look at our presentations and events. Our live streams are often quite rank and we complain here about them all the time. Americans IMO no longer are the best players and/or promoters of pool. Is that news to anyone?
I promote One Pocket locally. Plant the seed; it will grow.

evergruven

Verified Member

I've mostly enjoyed the predator stuff when it pops up
euro/asian players are definitely elite, wherever they go
I don't know much about predator, but looks like they're based in FL
according to their website, they promote a lot of US stuff, too, including BCA
I'm not arguing with you, I don't know better- it's an interesting convo tho

beatle

Verified Member
who ever presents the most money gets the tournaments. that's how it is in all sports.
other than pool/billiard companies, it is near impossible to make any money off of pool tournaments.

especially with the viewing public not interested in watching pool the way it is presented. namely its boring even for regular players to watch it.

baby huey

Verified Member
The platforms for viewing anything are changing as we speak. Who ever heard of Monday Night Football on ESPN and not on ABC? The same for news and other forms of entertainment. My earlier point was that the presentation by Matchroom and Predator was "Top Shelf." They can and will market it eventually. By the way, I have heard that the Mosconi Cup coming to Vegas this year is already sold out.