What shot by Tony can turn this table around

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I have a shot in mind that will turn the tables in Tony's favor in this photo.

What shot do you think could do that.

I'm not watching the stream. So, I don't care what Tony did! I'm interested in what the viewers here would do from this position to turn it around here with an, aggressive/defensive shot.

Scott-Tony001.jpg

Last edited:

BRLongArm

Verified Member
bank the nine over and send the cue ball to the middle of the top rail. He's doubled up on everything and sells out if he tries a combo. The three may squeeze in, but I just have to let him go.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I think the three goes is the problem with playing him on the top rial and if it does not go it definatly plays off the 10 so yo ucan play yoru cue ball as well as play at this shot
imo

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
looks to me you can play this combo full so the 3 doesnt go in to the 9 and send the cue ball up table with him doubled up on the balls by his pocket and alot of balls around your pocket
mr3c wwyd tony.png

unoperro

Verified Member
I would shoot about half ball into the top stripe in that triangle and drag draw my cueball to top corner Scott's side. Looking for a dbl or triple up.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
looks to me you can play this combo full so the 3 doesnt go in to the 9 and send the cue ball up table with him doubled up on the balls by his pocket and alot of balls around your pocket
View attachment 433277
Larry; What happens when the, 9,14,5 balls go to T's side and now, Scott can play off of anyone of those to turn it right back around? That's if the CB doesn't freeze to the top rail.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i will have several balls around my pocket
it may or may not be so easy for scott to turn it around

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
here is what i think you could do.... :cool:
play off the 9 go 4 rails under the stripe by tony's hole blocking scott from long rail banking the solid since the 9 will be gone
mr3c tony 2.png

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I think the three goes is the problem with playing him on the top rial and if it does not go it definatly plays off the 10 so yo ucan play yoru cue ball as well as play at this shot
imo
bank the nine over and send the cue ball to the middle of the top rail. He's doubled up on everything and sells out if he tries a combo. The three may squeeze in, but I just have to let him go.
i still like brlongarm's shot and its probably what i would do
if scott goes for the 3 and misses it will be hard to leave the cue ball safe
jmho
icbw

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
i will have several balls around my pocket
it may or may not be so easy for scott to turn it around

Larry; You're giving your opponent too many options, one of them may work! Don't for get the, 'Artie cardinal rule.' "Leave the shot YOU want your opponent to shoot!"

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I'd come off the right side of the 6 into the side rail and then into the bottom side of the 7 sending balls to my side while the cb continues behind the 12.
Unless,
I can spin the cb into the side rail to accomplish the same, but can not tell by picture.
Whitey

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
My shot follows along, Artie's theory. I'm going to force my opponent to have shoot the shot I want him to. To bank the 9 ball after my shot.
Kicking behind the ball with a little speed, to get balls to my side, killing the CB with a pretty full hit and LRHE.

My shot has an aggressive element to it along with a very good defensive position.

Solution-Scott-Tony001.jpg

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
It looks like you could slow roll off the edge of the three missing or grazing the 4 down behind the ten. Play it short of the pocket.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
It looks like you could slow roll off the edge of the three missing or grazing the 4 down behind the ten. Play it short of the pocket.

You're not moving balls to your hole! It's needed in this spot! I'm assuming this position is from Scott's break, this is what Artie did as good as anyone! Get out of the break aggressively/defensively.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I too like banking the 9 over between the head spot and the long rail my side, laying whitey middle of the top rail. Very controllable lag shot for both balls, each traveling about the same distance.

Good post 3c

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I have a shot in mind that will turn the tables in Tony's favor in this photo.

What shot do you think could do that.

I'm not watching the stream. So, I don't care what Tony did! I'm interested in what the viewers here would do from this position to turn it around here with an, aggressive/defensive shot.

View attachment 433275
Use high right english and kick the 4 full, high turns into low and goes back to the rail and down below the ball near his pocket.
4 caroms into 12 then 1 sending it to pocket, or into 5 and 12 goes toward pocket. You need the confidence of Justin Hall to shoot a shot like this {or be nutty as a Charleston Chew}

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Use high right english and kick the 4 full, high turns into low and goes back to the rail and down below the ball near his pocket.

Going into the cushion behind the 4 ball at that angle (almost at 80-90 degrees) with, 'HLHE' will cause the CB to, 'hug the rail' and possibly scratch!

Late edit: When Artie played his best, and the style Justin Halls plays, he could have gotten 9-7/8-7. And go to the Pay window!

Last edited: