Adjusting spots, would like advice (Long post)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
On this posr we now 8 to 7 is better than 9 to 8. I have said it over and onver.

And all this nonesense. And changing what I said too some other game and 12 to 6 is better then 11 to 6. Artie, nobody changed anything, you posted in the wrong thread.

Last come back dowmn too reality. What I said and one player I was talking about.

Not some silly wording about a hundred different senarias. You Gentlmen are a little silly dont you think.

I never mentioned a nother Player. Excepte Shane and Scoot.Correct, that's what you & I are discussing in the other thread.

That is the topick nothing else.Artie, the topic of this thread is "Adjusting spots, would like advice". This is not the thread where you & I were discussing Scott & Shane. And Like I said You try too change the wording and lalke about everything different then what I am talking about and said. I have not changed your words. I understand them perfectly but they are in the other thread.

And Dennies You no I was only talking about Shane and Scott. Correct, that's what you & I are discussing, just Shane & Scott and nobody else and I haven't changed any words that you wrote.

And I even said that 80% off the people would take 8 to 7 over 9 to 8. And I gave my reasond why its better.

I no 90% ot 95% or maybe 99.9% will all say take 8 to 7 to Shane.

I would tell Shane to take 9 to 8. And because Shane will run 8 as easy as easy as 7.

Will Scott Run 8 balls as easy as 9 No he wont. Thier could be a good swing in him running nine over eight.

And one more chance too win the game is very big with a good player.

We all no that the Percentages are in the favor off 8 to 7. Howe much difference is it not hardly anything too Shane.

But too Scott its a sifference.

And I have had a lot off experence with the games 8 to 7 and 9 to 8.

People dont know because they have never done that. They always took 8 to 7 Instead off 9 to 8.

And 9 to 8 will put mre waier on Mr Scott. And in almost every game I would tell them to take 8 to 7 . Excepte Shane against Scott.

If I played john I would rather take 9 to 8 then 8 to 7. Has anyone ever done that tahe 9 to 8 instead off 8 to 7.

This is a good qouistion.. And If you never done that.

Howe would you no whats better for Shane. Is it because you no 8 to 7 is a better percentage game
And we all no its better for the weacker player too take 8 to 7 then 9 to 8.

But People can think whatever they may think. And its not like its a big change from 8 to 7 to 9 too 8.

I could showe you other examplies off how less off a spot is better then the better percentage odds.

BUt I never said that 8 to 7 was better then 9 to 8. And everyone assumed it.

Because I said it was better for Shane. Nobody else.

And IF I dont no what I am doing and saying. Why did I take 9 to 8 from Bugs instead off 8 to 7. Why? Because you thought you were the better player and you wanted him to go to 9.

And we no everybody else would have taken 8 To 7.

And from all the top playersI wiould rather take 9 to 8 then 8 to 7.

No exceptions. And when I was playing I no if I would run 7 I would run 8 almost just as easy.

Andother words. If I run 5 7 and outs. Howe meny off the games do you think I would have run eight.

Know take the same sinaria and see howe menty times. Will the player who runs 8. 5 times howe ment times in the 5 games will he run 9.

You belive that he will run less nines then I will run eights.

Do you belive that.. If you do thats why you have the player going too 9 instead off 8.

Just like the tight pockets. THe do not help the weacker player. THey help the better player. Definitely agree with this.

Howe much difference will the tight pockets make for the great player.

And howe much nifference will the pockets make too the weack player.

All these great shooters likevScott Alex Shane Eferine Cory Duel. THe tight pockets donr efect them much.

But te sure will affect a weack player. And I always gave out the bigest spots on the tightest table.

And people dont belive that the tighter table helps the better player. To me that showes howe little they no.

If you play a weack player. 8 to 2. Why would you want too play on a easy pocket table.

A great player will not be affected on a tighter table. But the weacker player.

It will affect hinbig time.

And I like Shane 8 to 7 or 9 to 8. And playing 8 ahead does not favoer Scott in a long session giving out a spot.

And Scott might have changed his game from Shooting to moving. But I dont no because I was not thier.

And I didnt see what he did.

And I no most off all the people and bettors like Scott.

If Shane and Scott keep playing Shane will get the money. But we will see what hapines.

And yes 8 to 7 is better then 9 to 8. Is that Correct. And Matamaticale its correct too.

And the only players I was talking about was Scott and Shane. Nobody needs to change what I say. This is the topic in the other thread. Nobody is changing your words Artie, this is a different discussion in a different thread.

Amd give a buntch off twsted bizzar changes. With two million Cenarias. And howe much better 8 to 7 is then 9 to 8.

I never said it was not a better game. So you dont need too qoite me on something that I didnt say.

And I sais 9 to 8 is better for Shane then 8 to 7. THat I did say. And I still say it.

But I never said 8 to 7 is better then 9 to 8. And people want to make up whatever suites them.

Even if the person didnt say that. And twist it and turn it and say everything that comes too thier mind but what I said.

I guess some people llike doing that. Buthing words in another persons mouth.

Dont make up things Its not very perfesional. And its in bad taste. And when the peson breacks it down what he said and you changed it too.

It will be anything but what you changed it too. And its not what the person said.

And people fall wright in like the solders marching. It doesnt mean anything.

But at least if you qouite me say what I said. Not what you said.

And I love discousing whatever comes up. But dont use something against me that I didnt say.

Its realy in very poor taste. And I have explained it as clear as I can.

And because I pick out something that is Better for the player. Then percentage wise.

That is my opinion. And you have youres. And I never said that you were wrong when you said that 8 to 7 is better then 9 to 8.

Because matamatical. You would be the only one that could win.

Excepte I never said it was better. I said 9 to 8 is a better game for Shane then 8 to 7.

And I hope you dont ask Why did Shane win at 8 to 7 and not 9 to 8. From what I remember reading on the AZ site it took Shane a few hours to win getting 8-7. If I recall correctly they played the 9-8 game for 22 hours and broke even and didn't continue play anymore because Shane had to leave the country. If 9-8 was better for Shane then he should have won again.

And youre answer might be because 8 to 7 is better then 9 to 8 thats why he won 8 to 7.

And everyone would belive you and go along with you.

And its very hard to go afainst something that is Matamatical correct. Yes it is difficult to argue against.

But you do have the percentages in your favor. I canot and will not debate that.

Because that is a hundred percent correct.

Artie,

You and Incardona are pretty sharp bettors, we all know that. Do you think that Shane is a better player than Scott, because Incardona said that the 9-8 game is better if the player receiving it is a better player than the guy giving it. You say it's better for Shane to play 9-8 so combining your two logics it would seem that you think Shane is a better player than Scott. Is that correct or no?

Of course, then we'd have to be in wonderland to believe that the weaker player is suddenly spotting the better player.

P.S. Artie, you & I are only discussing Shane & Scott and the 8-7 or 9-8 games.

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

You and Incardona are pretty sharp bettors, we all know that. Do you think that Shane is a better player than Scott, because Incardona said that the 9-8 game is better if the player receiving it is a better player than the guy giving it. You say it's better for Shane to play 9-8 so combining your two logics it would seem that you think Shane is a better player than Scott. Is that correct or no?

Of course, then we'd have to be in wonderland to believe that the weaker player is suddenly spotting the better player.

Dennis

THanks for clarifying what I said. I realy dont no what tread or post Im on. Ijust go too a post and read it andthen I answer whats on the last post.

I dont look at a title or were to go to reply. If its privat . THen I use the telaphone or thePrivate message.

Im not into hiding things and doing them secretly. As far asI am concered. You never herd me complaine omce.

That this is my tread. And youre not soupose too talk about what someone wants too say.

THe way I see it this is all free. It doesnt cosy anybody a penny.

And we all talk back and forth and say what we want. WE say things people dont want too her.

And wev say things that people do want to her. And its about the game off one pocket.

Not who we like or dislike. Or who says what too who.

Thier are all kinds off thhings being said on her.

And everyone is pretty open. And gives thier opinion. And thats the way it should be.

I can honestly say. THat at the end off the night . I go too bed and I dont think or worry about anything. Or anything that is said on her.

I nomtommarow is another day. And things will change. And new and different subjects and Ideas will come up.

What happened today. I will not think about tommarow. And what ever I read on the post. THat is what I reply too.

And I go by whats seed on the last part off the post.It doesnt mean that what we read . Should be taken too heart.

IF you let it get personal with you. It will eat you up. And why give somebody.

THat kind off satisfaction. Its what you enjoy doing its fun and youre pass time.

Take it for what it is worth. But dont let it borher you or let it get too you.

If thier wouldnt be no people on the site. Who would we be posting too.

And you should no by nowe whats sincer and BS.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Artie,

Do you have anything to say about THIS thread?

While this thread may not be important to you, It is important to me and I took the time to write out a lengthy explanation of things.

Your opinion would be appreciated.

BTW in anticipation of possibly getting a break and BIH behind the line game from one of the better players, I spent the bulk of my night the last session practicing this. Normal one hole break (second ball soft etc.) and best I did was 4 balls, but the thing which sickens me is that my average was 1 ball. I'm not sure if it's confidence, poor aiming, back issues, or what, but I really wanted to quit playing after that. Many times I didn't even get the first ball.

Usual was a ball 1/16th inch off the rail and I gave myself a slight angle to make and draw back for the next ball and I miss that ball most of the time.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

Dennis

Dennis, I never said that if a player is a better player than his opponent getting 9/8 is better than getting 8/7. You don't understand my reasoning, and you're trying to figure out this with a confused understanding of my logic.

What I said was that if two players are playing one another and one player is a SUBSTANTIAL favorite even, the weaker player would have a better chance of winning if he spotted the better player 8/7 opposed to 9/8.

Just like the weaker player would have a better chance of winning if he spotted the better player 2/1 opposed to 9/8.

Ireally can't explain it any better than what I just have, and if you still don't understand than i'll have to give you private tutoring.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Dennis, I never said that if a player is a better player than his opponent getting 9/8 is better than getting 8/7. You don't understand my reasoning, and you're trying to figure out this with a confused understanding of my logic.

What I said was that if two players are playing one another and one player is a SUBSTANTIAL favorite even, the weaker player would have a better chance of winning if he spotted the better player 8/7 opposed to 9/8.

Just like the weaker player would have a better chance of winning if he spotted the better player 2/1 opposed to 9/8.

Ireally can't explain it any better than what I just have, and if you still don't understand than i'll have to give you private tutoring.

Billy I.

Youre great I come to realize that I can discuss anything with you.

And you have a good head on youre shoulder. And you dont come up with redicoulous statements.

Amd if something is showen too you clear. You will see it and acknowledge it no matter who says what.

Its great that you go by youre owne reasoning and thoughts. And not be swaied into someone elses.

And you draw youre conclousions on what you see and think. And that is good.

To go al;ong with somebody because they may be more popular or better known.

You do not make youre decisions by that. Because I have already seen it. With you and you will give youre opinion .

And if its autentick you will stick with it. Favortisum does not play a role with you.

And I like that in you. And being nice too everyone. And going along with all that being nice and not telling the truth isnt word the ground we walk on.

And I dont no were on my post. I stated very clearsly. THat SCott is the better player.

And I also stated that Shane is a better shooter. And since he is the better shooter.

Nine to eight is more favorable to Shane. Then 8 to 7 . I dont care what Billy or anybody says.

To me its worthless. And I played Bugs my whole time I was playing 9 to 8.

Why Why Do you think I did that. Because I dont no that 8 to 7 is a better spot.

No I did it because it makes it harder for him to run out.

And Im sure that everybody will agree that its harder too run 9 balls then 8 balls.

And the harder you can make it gor the other great player. THe better for you.

And I also said If I would play any great player I would rather take 9 to 8. then 8 to 7.

And this holds true for the reverse side. For me. I would rather give up and spot the player. 8 to 7 then 9 to 8.

And I have experience with this game. Can anybody who is talking. Can they say the played the way I played.

I dont think nobody played that way. Eithier way. And nobody might never play thaty way.

If they have a choice too takev 8 to 7 or 9 to 8 they will take 8 to 7.

Nothing too talk about.

I did it the whole time I was playing. And when I was giving up a ball. I would rather give them 8 to 7 then 9 to 8.

Because I could run out 8 as easy as 7. And Nobody reay knowes because they havant done it or studied it.

Just watch all the good one pocket games. And see howe meny 8 and outs thier are. And see howe meny players only run up to 7.

And then watch when they run 8 balls. See howe meny times they could have run 9 balls.

Do it youreself too when you play. And you will see howe much harder it is to run 9 than 8.

I have experience. at the game. Do you no anybody else that has experience at that game. Takeing 9 to 8 instead off 8 to 7 .

I dont think so. Just like Giving up the breack too the champions. Do you no ayone else that did that?

Im talking about players who played my speed and better. And I am talking about shooting and banking.

Do you think it was a axcedent that I won. And the shot and bankt better. I can gove you 20 names off players that banket and shot better.

And didnt win Why. I guess its because they didnt no howe to realy play.

And everybody thinks they can play.Do they ever ask themselves. It the shot better and Banket better.

Why diidnt they win. You answer the qouistion Dennies . Its pretty clear why I won.

And Freddy knowes it because he seen it. LIke giving Gorge Brunt 8 to 7 and the breack. All Freddy did was watch him run out.

And he shot loke the 7 ball better then me. And he banket 8 to 6 better then me. And I gave him a ball and the breack and broke hiim.

Afer he won the first 7 or 8 games. I am saying this so you can see thier must be something that I no towin at these games.

Its not a accedent. Listen too whoever you want. I no if I was learning and somebody told me what I am telling you. I would be the first one listning too me.

Its all thier in black and white. Yet people do not want too belive it and excepte it.

They evedence is thier. Ask the players who played me and lost. ASk them why they lost??

THey should no why they lost. Whemn I loose I no why. And I have said it my whole life. When I was playing good the only way I can loose is too miss easy shots.

Thier is no other way for anbody too beat me. I am trying too tell everybody. Thier is more too one pocket then just dhooting and banking.

And learning the moves. Anything in life that you want to learn . Learn it the correct way.

And that is going to people who know and are qualified.

Dont go and ask someone who realy doesnt know. ASk the oerson who knowes.

I hope I answered youre qouistions Dennies. And What ever youre opinion is. THatswhat it will be. And we all have opinions.

And just too make sure off what I said.

Scott is the better player then Shane. And Shane is a better shooter then Scott,

And I like Shane in the game against Scott. Especialy if they play on a strange table.

THats my story and I am sticking too it.But IF you can answer some off the qouistions I asket.

Howe did I beat the people who shot better and banket better then me. Why do you think they lost.

THis is all real and true and this is what I did. And nobody took 9 to 8 rather theb 8 to 7.

I guess I dont no what Im talking about. And I guss I didnt no what I was doing.

MY answeres and what I say is what I did and thats howe I won.

I one because off my knowlwdge being superiosr over the other players.

THier is no other way I could have won. I will ask you Dennies. If you play another player and you play even or he gives you 9 to 8.

And he shots the 7 ball better then you and can play you banks 8 to 6.

Would you play him even one pocket.Think about it.

And I am talking about players who new the game and the moves. And shot better and banket better then you.

Howe could you wi? I am making this as clear as can be.

I hope you have a enteresting answer.

But nobody in life that gambles. Would take 9 to 8 instead of 8 to 7.

Even after I explain. Because they cant see it. And they are brain locket because they no that 8 to 7 is better then 9 to 8. And that is all the can see and will look at.

I hope you like the answers DEnnies. Because. IF people dont see what I am saying they will be brain locket and wont see iy or change.

You could give a million to one that Billy would never change on this. And his thinking.

Have a great sunday. And thier are exceptions too the rules.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:

Billy I.
Bill,

So then you differentiate between "better player" and "substantial favorite"? I didn't make that distinction when I posted, I stand corrected. In my little world, and I suspect the worlds of most of the rest of us, the better player was usually the substantial favorite as well. I understand that at times, playing even, the "better player" can lose whereas the "substantial favorite" probably will not.

I suppose the only question left to answer is: what is the ball spot difference between a "better player" relative to a "substantial favorite"?. At what point would you declare a player a "better player" than you or say that he's a "substantial favorite" over you?

P.S. I do understand the little mental exercise that we've now wasted three days talking about but it's either that or cut the grass:) .

Cowboy "nearing my last post on this topic" Dennis

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
wincardona said:

Just like the weaker player would have a better chance of winning if he spotted the better player 2/1 as opposed to 9/8.

Billy I.
Correct use of the saying includes 'as'. Leaving 'as' out is not correct. The correct saying is "as opposed to"--not "opposed to". FYI

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
And I dont no were on my post. I stated very clearsly. THat SCott is the better player.

And I also stated that Shane is a better shooter. And since he is the better shooter.

Nine to eight is more favorable to Shane. Then 8 to 7 . I dont care what Billy or anybody says.

Why Why Do you think I did that. Because I dont no that 8 to 7 is a better spot.

And Im sure that everybody will agree that its harder too run 9 balls then 8 balls.

And I also said If I would play any great player I would rather take 9 to 8. then 8 to 7.

And this holds true for the reverse side. For me. I would rather give up and spot the player. 8 to 7 then 9 to 8.

And I have experience with this game. Can anybody who is talking. Can they say the played the way I played.

I dont think nobody played that way. Eithier way. And nobody might never play thaty way.

Nothing too talk about.

I did it the whole time I was playing. And when I was giving up a ball. I would rather give them 8 to 7 then 9 to 8.

Because I could run out 8 as easy as 7. And Nobody reay knowes because they havant done it or studied it.

Just watch all the good one pocket games. And see howe meny 8 and outs thier are. And see howe meny players only run up to 7.

And then watch when they run 8 balls. See howe meny times they could have run 9 balls.

Do it youreself too when you play. And you will see howe much harder it is to run 9 than 8.

I have experience. at the game. Do you no anybody else that has experience at that game. Takeing 9 to 8 instead off 8 to 7 .

I dont think so. Just like Giving up the breack too the champions. Do you no ayone else that did that?

Im talking about players who played my speed and better. And I am talking about shooting and banking.

Do you think it was a axcedent that I won. And the shot and bankt better. I can gove you 20 names off players that banket and shot better.

And everybody thinks they can play.Do they ever ask themselves. It the shot better and Banket better.

Why diidnt they win. You answer the qouistion Dennies . Its pretty clear why I won. You won because you knew tha game better.

And Freddy knowes it because he seen it. LIke giving Gorge Brunt 8 to 7 and the breack. All Freddy did was watch him run out.

And he shot loke the 7 ball better then me. And he banket 8 to 6 better then me. And I gave him a ball and the breack and broke hiim.

Afer he won the first 7 or 8 games. I am saying this so you can see thier must be something that I no towin at these games.

Its not a accedent. Listen too whoever you want. I no if I was learning and somebody told me what I am telling you. I would be the first one listning too me.

Its all thier in black and white. Yet people do not want too belive it and excepte it.

They evedence is thier. Ask the players who played me and lost. ASk them why they lost??

THey should no why they lost. Whemn I loose I no why. And I have said it my whole life. When I was playing good the only way I can loose is too miss easy shots. This is an excellent point. Not too many players try to figure out why they lost or why they won.

Thier is no other way for anbody too beat me. I am trying too tell everybody. Thier is more too one pocket then just dhooting and banking.

And learning the moves. Anything in life that you want to learn . Learn it the correct way.

I hope I answered youre qouistions Dennies. And What ever youre opinion is. THatswhat it will be. And we all have opinions.

Scott is the better player then Shane. And Shane is a better shooter then Scott,

And I like Shane in the game against Scott. Especialy if they play on a strange table.

THats my story and I am sticking too it.But IF you can answer some off the qouistions I asket.

Howe did I beat the people who shot better and banket better then me. Why do you think they lost.

THis is all real and true and this is what I did. And nobody took 9 to 8 rather theb 8 to 7.

I guess I dont no what Im talking about. And I guss I didnt no what I was doing.

THier is no other way I could have won. I will ask you Dennies. If you play another player and you play even or he gives you 9 to 8.

Would you play him even one pocket.Think about it.Artie, back when I first started playing one-pocket I played many guys who played 9-Ball, banks, and 14.1 better than I did but I played them even one-pocket because they didn't play the game as well as I did. Sometimes I lost and sometimes I won or broke even but I was always in the games because of my knowledge.

And I am talking about players who new the game and the moves. And shot better and banket better then you. I never did this with a player who knew the game of one-pocket.

Even after I explain. Because they cant see it. And they are brain locket because they no that 8 to 7 is better then 9 to 8. And that is all the can see and will look at.

I hope you like the answers DEnnies. Because. IF people dont see what I am saying they will be brain locket and wont see iy or change.

You could give a million to one that Billy would never change on this. And his thinking.

Artie,

You do know that Shane won easily 8-7 yet they played for 32 hours and broke even at the 9-8 game. How would you explain this?

Dennis

u12armresl

Verified Member
I kindly ask for one thing.

Please to get back on the OT, once again an Artie post has derailed an entire thread.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

So then you differentiate between "better player" and "substantial favorite"? I didn't make that distinction when I posted, I stand corrected. In my little world, and I suspect the worlds of most of the rest of us, the better player was usually the substantial favorite as well. I understand that at times, playing even, the "better player" can lose whereas the "substantial favorite" probably will not.

I suppose the only question left to answer is: what is the ball spot difference between a "better player" relative to a "substantial favorite"?. At what point would you declare a player a "better player" than you or say that he's a "substantial favorite" over you?

P.S. I do understand the little mental exercise that we've now wasted three days talking about but it's either that or cut the grass:) .

Cowboy "nearing my last post on this topic" Dennis
Dennis, in one of my earlier post I explained the difference of a better player vs/ a substantially better player. I clearly said that a player that was at least 10/7 over the other player was a substantial favorite. Of course if a player is more than a 10/7 favorite he still would be considered a substantial favorite.
I'm surprised at you knowing that you read every post in it's entirety (including Arties) and overlooked the one that I explained that in.

I also am very pleased that you would rather read my post than cut the grass, but it would benifit you even more if you would take a little extra time reading some of the post.:D

BillyI.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:

And you have a good head on youre shoulder. And you dont come up with redicoulous statements.

Amd if something is showen too you clear. You will see it and acknowledge it no matter who says what.

Its great that you go by youre owne reasoning and thoughts. And not be swaied into someone elses.

You do not make youre decisions by that. Because I have already seen it. With you and you will give youre opinion .

And if its autentick you will stick with it. Favortisum does not play a role with you.

And I like that in you. And being nice too everyone. And going along with all that being nice and not telling the truth isnt word the ground we walk on.

Nothing too talk about.

Why diidnt they win. You answer the qouistion Dennies . Its pretty clear why I won.

THey should no why they lost. Whemn I loose I no why. And I have said it my whole life. When I was playing good the only way I can loose is too miss easy shots.

And I am talking about players who new the game and the moves. And shot better and banket better then you.

What he said?

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:

Nothing too talk about.

What he said?

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
petie said:
Correct use of the saying includes 'as'. Leaving 'as' out is not correct. The correct saying is "as opposed to"--not "opposed to". FYI

Thanks, you'll find many mistakes in my writing and you don't even have to look hard. But i'll try to remember to phrase "as opposed" to.

Petie, try to remember what I say not how I say it, and i'll try to improve on how I say it. Deal?

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
Dennis, in one of my earlier post I explained the difference of a better player vs/ a substantially better player. I clearly said that a player that was at least 10/7 over the other player was a substantial favorite. Of course if a player is more than a 10/7 favorite he still would be considered a substantial favorite.
I'm surprised at you knowing that you read every post in it's entirety (including Arteries) and overlooked the one that I explained that in.

I also am very pleased that you would rather read my post than cut the grass, but it would benefit you even more if you would take a little extra time reading some of the post.:D

BillyI.
Bill,

I just read all of your posts in the SVB vs. Frost thread and all of your posts in this thread, the only time you mention 10-7 at all is here:

P.S. It would behoove you to read and understand your own posts also:p :D .

Cowboy Dennis said:
So then I guess you are saying that 8-7 is stronger than 9-8 unless a weaker player is spotting a better player. In that scenario 8-7 is less weight to give up than 9-8. I've got it now, thanks.

P.S. To all who are considering giving up 9-8 to a better player, DON'T!!! Try instead to get him to accept 8-7.

RBL

You quoted and responded to my post with this:

win cardona said:
If you're ever playing a player that is 10/7 better than you and you have a choice of giving him 9/8 or 2/1 play him 2/1.

Billy I.

Maybe you were referring to this post, where you brought up 11-10 & 5-4 & 8-7 & 9-8 and really confused you know who:) .

wincardona said:
For a lesser player 9/8 will never be as good as 8/7. There are too many scenarios that 8/7 is better than 9/8. Just because in this match up some one believes that in one particular scenario why 9/8 is better than 8/7 what about in the other 100's of scenarios where 8/7 is better than 9/8?

The only way I see that 9/8 is better than 8/7 is that the player getting the weight is a substantial favorite playing even with the other player. If the best player is getting the weight and he is a big favorite playing even than 11/10 is better than 5/4 in a ball spot. Stretching the game out will favor the best player in the scenario that I just described.

But in this match up with Shane and Scott 8/7 is clearly better for Shane than 9/8.

I really don't have the time, energy, and patience to debate this any farther. Billy I.

P.PS. Maybe you should rephrase the "weaker player giving up 9-8 to the substantial favorite" by saying that although it's always disadvantageous for the weaker player to give up weight of any kind to the better player, it is less disadvantageous for him to give 9-8 than 8-7 because it'll take longer for him to lose his cash and he may win a couple games in the meantime.

P.P.PS. I have to go now, I just painted a wall and have to go watch it dry. I'm fairly certain this is my last post on the topic of a weaker player spotting a better player.

Dennis

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
wincardona said:
Thanks, you'll find many mistakes in my writing and you don't even have to look hard. But i'll try to remember to phrase "as opposed" to.

Petie, try to remember what I say not how I say it, and i'll try to improve on how I say it. Deal?

Billy I.

No worries, mate.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

I just read all of your posts in the SVB vs. Frost thread and all of your posts in this thread, the only time you mention 10-7 at all is here:

P.S. It would behoove you to read and understand your own posts also:p :D .

You quoted and responded to my post with this:

Maybe you were referring to this post, where you brought up 11-10 & 5-4 & 8-7 & 9-8 and really confused you know who:) .

P.PS. Maybe you should rephrase the "weaker player giving up 9-8 to the substantial favorite" by saying that although it's always disadvantageous for the weaker player to give up weight of any kind to the better player, it is less disadvantageous for him to give 9-8 than 8-7 because it'll take longer for him to lose his cash and he may win a couple games in the meantime.

P.P.PS. I have to go now, I just painted a wall and have to go watch it dry. I'm fairly certain this is my last post on the topic of a weaker player spotting a better player.

Dennis, I appologize I also tried to find the post where I said I said that 10/7 was considered a substantial favorite, but couldn't.

But there are several post that I wrote that implied that, meaning that a substantial favorite was a big favorite or a player that was 10/7 better than another player.

Another thing if a player is at least a 10/7 favorite over another player and the two players are playing a proposition game where the weak player has to give the better player either 8/7 or 9/8 and the prop is to see how many games the weaker player will need to win a game, then the weaker player should play the better player 8/7 imo he will win a game sooner than if he would given him 9/8.

Billy I.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Petie, here on this forum, it is not really unusual to find errors in either our grammar usage or spelling. My recommendation would be to let them pass without comment. I'm pretty sure Mr. Carnegie would agree. :)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

You do know that Shane won easily 8-7 yet they played for 32 hours and broke even at the 9-8 game. How would you explain this?

Dennis[/QUOTE

Im a little late on posting this. But I will post it nowe. THis is a good and fair qouistion.

And I will answer it just because thats what this is. A fair qouistion.

Shane wone the first session because he ran all over Scorr. It was a one sided show.

Real fast controling and dominating. Shane had no problem winning. If they would have played those games 9 to 8. Or even or Shane giving Scott 8 too seven.

THey resulte would have been they same. Because he was sp dominasting.

And when they played 9 nto8. And Shane was 7 games ahead something happened.

I dont no what. If I was thier Dennies I could have told you. And without seeing howe they played.

I would say SCott changed his style off game from a shooting game too a moving gane.

BUt something changed inthe game Dennies. 100% because theiir is very little difference between n8 to 7 and 9 to . If it showes up once in ten games itsa lot.

BUt I would say that Scott went too a noving game from a shooting
gasme. And I think we both afree that something happened.

But time will tell and playing 8 games ahead is redicoulous.

What do you think was the change. THat Scott didnt gandale too god.

But If they play again I likr 9 to 8 over 8 to 7.

Andcthese redicoulos statements and commentsabout 9 to 8 and 8 to 7. Are very stupit.

Since this only aplies invery speciale games. like Shane ans Scott. And thier are not too meny ganeswere the player is not the better shooter. And Shane is the better sg[hooter.

And I would like too her a answer Why I took 9 to 8 from Bugs rathrt thenn8 to 7.

What people have too see id 8 to7 is better then 9 to 8. ISNT IT WAY EASIER to run 8balls then nine balls. 9.

Epecialty for s weacker shooter.

If people cant see it they will not play that way. And they cant see it . Because they never played thatwat;

What everyone has too tralize I am talking about a partickulaer game.

And if you cant see it dont eorry abiut itl. Andwhen I spotted a player the breack. I told him I will give hin thr breack,

people will always sisagree. And the best answer too the debate is ask 5 great qoalified Players tio answer iit.

And see if they realy know whar the are talking about. And most people just talk and dont no. Let them play and see howe ment mistakes tthey make in a game.

And look what they shot at, Form youre opinion. Not a bout the stupitity that 8 to 7.Is better then 9 to 8. You need qualified players too answer this.

Blayers like Kelly or Grasy or nick Varner SJD Hopkines Freddy Demmies. Most off the old timers are gone.

ANd a player like Scott might have a opinion. But nodody realy answered the qouistions.

All I herd was this no brainer that 8 to 7 is better then 9 tom8. WE all no that.

So answer the qouistion that was asket. not 10 to 7 or some other nonsense that Billy said was better. I couldnt even understand what he was talking about.

Because thier is no game that 9 to 8 is a better spot then 8 to 7. Wven some story he gave . I has no clue what he was talking about

And Billys best game is switching theings from what the are and change them too something else.

THats what he does and likes too do.And everyone falls right into it. And they are clueless that he changed what was said.

Ro make it sound wright what he changed and says. I guess I need to do it the old fashioned way.

And just ask Qouistionscand just answer the, yes or no. And keep posting the same post tell the get tiered off hering them and reading them.

And maybe he can figure out howe to say Yes or no. I did it about 20 times and you think he would answer one qouistion Yes or no.

And I dont get my qouistioned answered yes or no. I guess its too hard and not in thier vocabulary.

Ask me a qouisyion YES Or HO . And INwill answer it yes or no. Why cant you do the same.

And IO asket it over and over and never got a answer Why.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
vapros said:
Petie, here on this forum, it is not really unusual to find errors in either our grammar usage or spelling. My recommendation would be to let them pass without comment. I'm pretty sure Mr. Carnegie would agree. :)

Thanks, Vape. I really never intended to become the grammer corrector for the forum and I have noticed a lot of lapses in the posts not the least of which are some of my own. It's always tricky if you don't use spell check.

The thing with Billy's use of that one saying started for me long ago before I knew about this forum. I have a few CDs where he is commentating and I noticed it on several of them. I thought to myself that he would appreciate knowing the proper saying if he only knew about it due to the fact that he is so 'out there' in the public eye, so to speak. I've wanted to tell him for a long time--really as a friend not as the commissar of English. I could never come up with a way to tell him that sounded like it wasn't offensive coming from a relative stranger. Well, last Saturday I just did it anyway. I believe that as time goes on, he'll get over the sting to his ego and realize that this can only help him. This is all I ever intended to do.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
petie said:
Thanks, Vape. I really never intended to become the grammer corrector for the forum and I have noticed a lot of lapses in the posts not the least of which are some of my own. It's always tricky if you don't use spell check.

The thing with Billy's use of that one saying started for me long ago before I knew about this forum. I have a few CDs where he is commentating and I noticed it on several of them. I thought to myself that he would appreciate knowing the proper saying if he only knew about it due to the fact that he is so 'out there' in the public eye, so to speek. I've wanted to tell him for a long time--really as a friend not as the commissar of English. I could never come up with a way to tell him that sounded like it wasn't offensive coming from a relative stranger. Well, last Saturday I just did it anyway. I believe that as time goes on, he'll get over the sting to his ego and realize that this can only help him. This is all I ever intended to do.
petie,
sometimes a pm is useful in these circumstances
just sayin:)