XPC-Partners 1-Pocket: Florida North vs. South Battle 2 April 30-May 1st

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I gotta hand it to the owner of this room, amazing!! Typically owners concern themselves with the bottom line... Not so much here...

The amount of space needed for a 5 x 10 ft. pool table is usually enough to prohibit an owner from putting one in his room. Not many people want to play on one either, so there's another strike against having one.

This owner not only put two 5 x 10's in his room, he completely refurbished both of those 1945 Brunswicks and placed them in a spectacular viewing arena with theater seating.

I don't know who owns this room, and I have no axe to grind, I just felt I had to say something about how well done this event was and about how much effort and expense this owner exhibited in the construction of such a wonderful pool room.

If for no other reason, I plan on visiting sometime in the future, just to play a few games of one pocket on those tables. I might even try to find a partner and play in the next one pocket event.

Many thanks to the owner
Jeff Sparks

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I gotta hand it to the owner of this room, amazing!! Typically owners concern themselves with the bottom line... Not so much here...

The amount of space needed for a 5 x 10 ft. pool table is usually enough to prohibit an owner from putting one in his room. Not many people want to play on one either, so there's another strike against having one.

This owner not only put two 5 x 10's in his room, he completely refurbished both of those 1945 Brunswicks and placed them in a spectacular viewing arena with theater seating.

I don't know who owns this room, and I have no axe to grind, I just felt I had to say something about how well done this event was and about how much effort and expense this owner exhibited in the construction of such a wonderful pool room.

If for no other reason, I plan on visiting sometime in the future, just to play a few games of one pocket on those tables. I might even try to find a partner and play in the next one pocket event.

Many thanks to the owner
Jeff Sparks

Well said Jeff and I agree 100%

I wish I would have had more time to watch the stream but I did click on it and saw someone hitting some balls around and the quality of the stream / chat / brackets were very good.

I hope these continue and the owner of the room gains some benefit from them and maybe other room owners follow suit in the future because anything we can do to promote 1p is a good thing in my book and this was very well executed.

Great job!

Rillix-XPC

Now available to watch Day 2 in it's entirety of XPC - Partners One Pocket: Florida North vs. South Battle 2 featuring the Semi-Finals: Richard Jay Wideman, and Bob Ogburn vs. Anthony Meglino, and Felix Luna.
And Finals: Jason Sheerman, and Justin Gilsinan vs Anthony Meglino, and Felix Luna.
Guest commentary by Rob Melrose on both matches!

Watch at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEOrzqqq6NQ

Thanks to everyone for letting us know what you thought!