Who Wins When Balls Goes in Both Holes?

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Last night, I needed one ball and my opponent needed two. He cross banked a ball into his hole, making my out ball first. I win, he still needed one more ball.

But what if he only needed that one? Do I win because my out ball went in first, or does he win because he is the shooter?

Next scenario: what if the shooter shoots a dead ball and the winning ball goes into both pockets at the same time? Who wins?

Lots of different opinions at Hard Times.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Good question. I believe the shooter wins when both out balls are made together, regardless of what ball goes in first. I am curious what others may say.

Dave

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Carla, The shooter wins.

Had this happen when I was playing giving my opponent 8-7, around 1974.

John Paul jokingly said, I win, my ball went in first. All the old one pocket players around said shooter wins.
:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Last night, I needed one ball and my opponent needed two. He cross banked a ball into his hole, making my out ball first. I win, he still needed one more ball.

But what if he only needed that one? Do I win because my out ball went in first, or does he win because he is the shooter?

Next scenario: what if the shooter shoots a dead ball and the winning ball goes into both pockets at the same time? Who wins?

Lots of different opinions at Hard Times.
The shooter wins if they both get their out ball on the same shot. What is interesting is that rule is included in the oldest published rules for One Pocket -- the rules that the Jansco's used!! It is also in Fat's rule book, which was published a year or two before the BCA rule book deigned to include One Pocket.