Victor vs. Mike #2 - end game

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I like Steve's shot . And after looking at all the different choices, I would bet this is Victor's shot. Just takes a little touch with
whitey and the 1 ball goes nicely to your side to keep Mike from 2 railing the 5 ball.

baby huey

Verified Member
Typical of me to miss read Ghost's post. I thought Victor's pocket was up table. Seeing how his pocket is lower left, I would kick to the side rail into the fifteen ball sending it to the lower left pocket and let the cueball travel up table.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
My thought is to look at the angle for the 15-1, and lightly draw off the 15 at half that angle so the cue ball and 15 both go to the side rail with the same soft speed to get just a little bounce off that side rail. The idea being to double up the 15 and that ball on the far end, and clog the banking lane, The 1 goes across to my upper side of the table.

That's what I came up with on my own.If that carom is close to dead for my pocket then I like catkins shot of kicking side rail into the 15 to play the 15 carom toward my pocket. Good eye catkins!

Steve...except, almost for sure, the 15 is caroming into the side pocket, not the long rail, thus leaving the cross-corner and the straight back bank.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I like Steve's shot . And after looking at all the different choices, I would bet this is Victor's shot. Just takes a little touch with
whitey and the 1 ball goes nicely to your side to keep Mike from 2 railing the 5 ball.

Brother Robert...god forbid that I would try and take advantage of you :cautious: but...exactly how much would you be willing to bet that that was Victor's shot? 👻

Last edited:

treeMan

Verified Member
I also liked Chris' shot, but reaching for an option that hasn't been mentioned, a flyer for sure: dead on hard stun/draw on the 15, three rail the 1 to your pocket, and draw the cueball off the side-rail to the first diamond on the foot rail near oppo's pocket. Bad angle for the straight back, and better be hit hard enough to get the 1 out of there if it doesn't go. 15 spots or goes off the point towards your pocket and out if missed. Main thing is (try) not leaving a short bank.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
The only other shot I like is two railing the cue ball at the 12 slow pace to keep cue ball and 12 ball on the rail

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
If I'm playing Ek, I'm gonna take a foul and roll whitey to the middle of the foot rail frozen.

Yeah Bill...you and tree man are the only guys who felt the same way that Victor did here = the safeties were all "fraught with peril" so take the intentional, play at 5-5, and make Mike shoot off of the rail - and shooting off the rail, Mike may have a problem not leaving Victor a shot.....and btw, I also like Victor's choice.....here's how it turned out >>>

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
A similar shot would be to draw shoot 3/4 full hit off of the 15, and have the cb go to the side rail and then to the spot he shot out to.
As Ghost stated to Steve; "the 15 ball goes into the side pocket".
So the 15 spots, the 1 ball to my long rail, and the cb lies where he pushed out.
Whitey

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks for the wwyd ghost
Ditto -- thank you for the challenging WWYD!

I see now why some people were kicking one or two rails...
I might kick softly to the 10 ball off the left side rail. I don't like breaking up those two by the cueball.
I liked moving the one to my side, and leaving the cue ball behind the 15 until the Ghost pointed out the 15 would land in the side pocket -- that would definitely be a no go! But otherwise, yes, I wouldn't want to disturb those two balls. A soft kick to the 10 might easily result in a foul, which I would be ok with, to that side of the table, with the extra ball on the spot.

But directly taking a foul to where he did is simple and fool proof.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I call that roll-out the ''switch er roo'' shot. :)
Now he's is the outter jaws of the table foot.
He's in the Bigfoot area.
My chi town second city humor.
Thx G for the post.

bm

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
nice shot nice wwyd. This would not have occured to me. I do take fouls but never realy roll out ot hte rail fouls. need to look at them and there values

unoperro

Verified Member
Yeah Bill...you and tree man are the only guys who felt the same way that Victor did here = the safeties were all "fraught with peril" so take the intentional, play at 5-5, and make Mike shoot off of the rail - and shooting off the rail, Mike may have a problem not leaving Victor a shot.....and btw, I also like Victor's choice.....here's how it turned out >>>
So he paid a ball to give Mike a free turn to break the 1/15 apart and now there is 3 balls in play on his side. No thanks.

OldSchool

Verified Member
So he paid a ball to give Mike a free turn to break the 1/15 apart and now there is 3 balls in play on his side. No thanks.

Yeah, and then Victor banks the 1 or the 15 cross corner.

Last edited: