Unbelievable series of shots

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Did anyone see this match at the Markulis Memorial tournament? I happened to catch T-Rex, John Schmidt match with Tony leading 2-0 games, I don’t remember the ball count but John shot some wild shot and sold out a good shot that Tony dogged leaving the ball hanging.

It was late and I don’t remember exactly what happened but Tony shoots a ball in the top corner putting all three balls remaining balls in play on the spot with the perfect angle for John to go three rails into the lineup but John takes an intentional leaving the cue ball on the rail about a 1/4 diamond from the top center diamond. Tony cuts the top ball shooting hard enough that the cue ball gets close to the center of the table leaving John a good bank. John makes the bank, cuts the lower ball in, banks the next ball, and cuts last ball in to win the game. John goes on to win the next two games to win the match.

I’m hoping that there’s a replay of that match. With Tony on seven I can’t believe he put all the balls in play.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Did anyone see this match at the Markulis Memorial tournament? I happened to catch T-Rex, John Schmidt match with Tony leading 2-0 games, I don’t remember the ball count but John shot some wild shot and sold out a good shot that Tony dogged leaving the ball hanging.

It was late and I don’t remember exactly what happened but Tony shoots a ball in the top corner putting all three balls remaining balls in play on the spot with the perfect angle for John to go three rails into the lineup but John takes an intentional leaving the cue ball on the rail about a 1/4 diamond from the top center diamond. Tony cuts the top ball shooting hard enough that the cue ball gets close to the center of the table leaving John a good bank. John makes the bank, cuts the lower ball in, banks the next ball, and cuts last ball in to win the game. John goes on to win the next two games to win the match.

I’m hoping that there’s a replay of that match. With Tony on seven I can’t believe he put all the balls in play.

At one of the tournaments at CA Billiards we were watching a hill/hill match between Busty and someone else. Francisco needed one ball on a run and missed a tough shot, opened the balls and got beat. I asked Tony why he did not play the score and he said ‘Against these guys, if you see a chance to win you better take it or they will find a way to beat you.’ Tony pretty much did the same thing against Oscar later in the tournament and got knocked out. A little loss of concentration trying to win 1k after playing for 2/3 k a game for two days.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
nice thing about on the wire is all of there videos are available for ever so can always go back and watch them on face book