This Place Is Dead....

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
was going to be a mile away from the best pool hall in town
You moved there in 2018.., the year after I moved from Burien back to Roseville (Sac HT's).
Burien being about 15 minutes south of Seattle and the 211 Club.
I played at Harvey's in the south area a few times but they moved three times in the 20+ years I was up there (95 - 2017). During that time a couple places shut down including the 211 which I only got to once. I was playing my best game running racks of 9 ball but inconvenience of a pool room along with new career and life led to a 10 year hiatus till I got to HT's Sac.
Twas a sad October day indeed when I was told that the Fleece would be shut down
Sorry to say I never got there. I live about an hour from Carson City or Reno. Neither seem to have a viable pool room. Exactly where is a guy going to find some action/1P up there in the Seattle area now?
always gotta try and maximize the daylight hours
Wish I'd known you were around.. Lived with a nice upstairs view of Vashon island for some years. Had a 100 yr old BBC in the master bedroom with a great view.

MrBouncy

ugh, go on marc! see you in the spring palšŸ˜„šŸ˜

We didn't make it happen when The Clubhouse was still an option, just trying to entice you a bit, I think we'll have a good time. To be fair, this table's only been here since March 2021, after I decided to buy a house in 2019 (and made sure that space for a 9ft table was high on my list of priorities, gratefully).

I played at Harvey's in the south area a few times but they moved three times in the 20+ years I was up there (95 - 2017). During that time a couple places shut down including the 211 which I only got to once. I was playing my best game running racks of 9 ball but inconvenience of a pool room along with new career and life led to a 10 year hiatus till I got to HT's Sac.

I was in the midst of a 20yr hiatus basically until about 2016, first moved to the Seattle area around 1999. Came across some tables with a group of folks from work, after a few games of 9ball they were telling me "you need to go to the 211 Club". Having just moved here I couldn't really follow the directions and asked if one of them would take me there the first time just so I knew how to get around, and promptly met with "Oh no, we can't go there, but that's where you need to go." Seemed like not long after I heard it was shuttered. Once in awhile some of my work friends wanted to go hang out at Temple in pioneer square area, and talking with the owner there he tried to get in on taking over 211 but things didn't pan out.

A friend of mine who got one of the GC's from Cuetopia after it shuttered was able to get one of the original 211 Club overhead table lights though.

Sorry to say I never got there. I live about an hour from Carson City or Reno. Neither seem to have a viable pool room. Exactly where is a guy going to find some action/1P up there in the Seattle area now?

Wish I'd known you were around.. Lived with a nice upstairs view of Vashon island for some years. Had a 100 yr old BBC in the master bedroom with a great view.

Think it must've been 07-08 when I first stumbled upon the Fleece (old-timers knew it as Dr Cue's I guess), after trying to meet up with a friend of mine living in Kenmore, he mentioned that there was supposed to be a nice pool hall nearby and we should meet up there first. He got tied up with work but I still spent 3-4 hours there alone just enjoying the clean equipment and spacious atmosphere, was so rare to come across a spot with that much floor space and ample room between tables. That might've been the first time I got to play on a Diamond myself, certainly it was the night I decided that whenever I had my own house, this was the table I wanted to have installed.

Fast forward to the pandemic setting in and most of the spots I had been roaming through since picking up play again (Malarkey's, Harvey's/Performance/15th St, Clubhouse, Temple) going by the wayside (15th Street is now only 7ft tables, Temple still has their 7 count 9ft tables, but not being in Seattle for work all week anymore I only make the drive on Mondays for league) and I needed to get my own table sorted a little sooner than expected.

That picture is from the day they delivered it, and I damn near wept, it was exactly what I had pictured for my home table and plays like a dream.

To answer the question of where to go for 1p action spots these days, I'm still trying to find that out myself, hopefully a new room with full size tables and clean equipment crops up somewhere closer to my neck of the woods so I have some other options to go socialize..

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
We didn't make it happen when The Clubhouse was still an option, just trying to entice you a bit, I think we'll have a good time. To be fair, this table's only been here since March 2021, after I decided to buy a house in 2019 (and made sure that space for a 9ft table was high on my list of priorities, gratefully).

The 211 club. No jukebox, no tv, just pool. Sign on the wall. I went there with my brother to get out of the cold. It was the middle of summer and it was freezing. The guy behind the desk saw I shot a little and offered to call a couple of players. No thanks!

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Mr Bouncy, bounce on over to Port Angeles and we can play some cheap. On the list of all the players on OPOrg, you wont find my name because I am too far down, therefore falling off. If we are pretty close, we can keep raising the bet until you bust me.

Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Hey Guys... I have literally played pool about 4 days in the last 6 months. 3 of those were the last 3 straight pool matches from my league. One was two sets of one pocket where I broke even with a local Chicago gambler. I have been golfing once or twice a day since the weather got warm. I watched some games on poolactiontv but that is about it for me. I want to start playing when it gets too cold for golf

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I wish my body would allow me to play you Fats but I just cant. I have a about a three hour limit before my legs give out and I have to stop. You play how I used to play, all day and all night.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Still alive and doing well. Glad to hear y'all are all still around and mostly doing well. I'm only shooting about once a week and haven't played real 1P in ages--guess I'm lucky Mitch didn't look me up when he was here a few weeks ago.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
good to see you slumming aroud onepocket.org tall jeff.

remember the first onepocket.org tourney in NO at Lacy's. me and mitch stayed at some shithole hotel, went down to the french quarter after he had a good run vs joeyA and sniper. think BRLongArm knocked him out. rowsey knocked me out. I left at noon on Sunday, got back in STL area around mindnight, managed to see you snap it off on the stream.

if memory serves me correct, TALL JEFF, got the MOTs going.....brainchild and whatnot.....

go easy brother.
Yep Millerā€¦.
Iā€™m guilty, it was me that suggested getting together once a year for a one pocket tournamentā€¦
If I remember correctly the ideas for the mot and the seniors tournament at Bogies were both
born about the same time right here on one pocket.org. Both came to fruition and both still exist todayā€¦

Unfortunately I am out of itā€¦ Father Time has a way of catching up to us allā€¦
Arthritis has inundated an old neck injury I suffered as a child and my playing
days are behind meā€¦ Damn shame too, because it was a lot of fun getting together with guys from around
the country and playing some one pocket, breaking some bread together, and just sharing some time and stories
and reliving some old memories once a yearā€¦

Onepocket.org could still be a place to meet everydayā€¦ it could be interesting againā€¦it could be fun againā€¦
it seems to me the personality it once had is gone by the wayside and in order to regain it, the characters
responsible for its vibrancy must somehow be coaxed into returningā€¦

I remember whenā€¦
I couldnā€™t wait to see the next Ghost wwyd and try to figure out the best optionā€¦
And then read the ensuing selections by all members and of course the arguments that
would inevitably follow and also the reasoning behind their optionsā€¦
Waiting for the masters to respond to the wwyd was also a part of the suspense that was tantalizingā€¦
I for one, enjoyed seeing everyoneā€™s options on what they would do in these wwydā€™s, and I especially
paid close attention to the opinions of the likes of Onepockethacker, Doctor Bill, Tom Wirth, Androd and of course
the master himself, The Ghost!

There was a comradeship that existed back then among 50 or so responsive members, they had ā€œcharacterā€ and
they kept it interestingā€¦ Iā€™m wid ya Miller, I miss those daysā€¦ šŸ˜¢

calibration

Verified Member
From
Clarkston, Michigan
To all you guys I apologize for not communicating in the forum, just too many obstacles of Covid, work, life etc. to make it to the felt. Had a small fire in the beginning of this summer which basically required a teardown and rebuild of my home billiard room and other areas. Could not find a building contractor that was worth a S&%t so, had to do all the work myself, pulling down ceilings etc.

Not to sound like a complainer point is, I now have completed the project and excited to get back at the felt. It's interesting, when your away from the table for a while and return you get a fresh view of the behaviors of sphere shapes, cushion angles and speeds.

Considering Derby this year, not to win the tournament LOL but mostly to just re-cap with all of you guys.

Kybanks

Verified Member
Yep Millerā€¦.
Iā€™m guilty, it was me that suggested getting together once a year for a one pocket tournamentā€¦
If I remember correctly the ideas for the mot and the seniors tournament at Bogies were both
born about the same time right here on one pocket.org. Both came to fruition and both still exist todayā€¦

Unfortunately I am out of itā€¦ Father Time has a way of catching up to us allā€¦
Arthritis has inundated an old neck injury I suffered as a child and my playing
days are behind meā€¦ Damn shame too, because it was a lot of fun getting together with guys from around
the country and playing some one pocket, breaking some bread together, and just sharing some time and stories
and reliving some old memories once a yearā€¦

Onepocket.org could still be a place to meet everydayā€¦ it could be interesting againā€¦it could be fun againā€¦
it seems to me the personality it once had is gone by the wayside and in order to regain it, the characters
responsible for its vibrancy must somehow be coaxed into returningā€¦

I remember whenā€¦
I couldnā€™t wait to see the next Ghost wwyd and try to figure out the best optionā€¦
And then read the ensuing selections by all members and of course the arguments that
would inevitably follow and also the reasoning behind their optionsā€¦
Waiting for the masters to respond to the wwyd was also a part of the suspense that was tantalizingā€¦
I for one, enjoyed seeing everyoneā€™s options on what they would do in these wwydā€™s, and I especially
paid close attention to the opinions of the likes of Onepockethacker, Doctor Bill, Tom Wirth, Androd and of course
the master himself, The Ghost!

There was a comradeship that existed back then among 50 or so responsive members, they had ā€œcharacterā€ and
they kept it interestingā€¦ Iā€™m wid ya Miller, I miss those daysā€¦ šŸ˜¢

Jeff, there is quite a few that are missed here. I've done some WWYD'S and received some good debates but it's never reached the levels of Ghosts WWYD'S. He just knew how to get under your skin without offending you. I learned a lot just by going through the situations and reading everyone's response. Just like you, I don't play much pool anymore cause life has me busy being a responsible husband and father. Glad to see you posting again.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Jeff, there is quite a few that are missed here. I've done some WWYD'S and received some good debates but it's never reached the levels of Ghosts WWYD'S. He just knew how to get under your skin without offending you. I learned a lot just by going through the situations and reading everyone's response. Just like you, I don't play much pool anymore cause life has me busy being a responsible husband and father. Glad to see you posting again.
the change for me is the heavy hitters who could really tell you like it is
in no particular order
grady /artie/freddie/billy/jeff /tom/hacker/androd/ ghost/and many others
have either died or dont post much anymore
with all respect to you guys
you aint those guys
jmho
icbw
edited my post to put ghost on the list

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
in no particular order
grady /artie/freddie/billy/jeff /tom/hacker/androd/ and many others
you aint those guys
jmho
icbw

And that would make you part of the problem.

Lou Figueroa
things change

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
you aint those guys

i dont consider you one of those guys
Admittedly, I don't peruse Steve's site as much as I should, frequently just logging into the forums.
Could you point me to the list?
Not that I think I'm on it, but the company of those who are not sounds like a good night slummin'.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Admittedly, I don't peruse Steve's site as much as I should, frequently just logging into the forums.
Could you point me to the list?
Not that I think I'm on it, but the company of those who are not sounds like a good night slummin'.
See post #72

Kybanks

Verified Member
in no particular order
grady /artie/freddie/billy/jeff /tom/hacker/androd/ and many others
you aint those guys
jmho
icbw

Never wanted to be those guys, and I wasn't around when some of those guys were here. Either way, the site has lost some good people.