The very last of my old pool photos just went into a Smugmug gallery

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Back in 1980 I tried, for the first time, to take some pics at a pool tournament. I found the envelop with the photos, snapshots really, and it was labeled "1980 Pool Tournament." Not much to go on there! There were only 13 images, but at least the negatives were in there, so this morning I scanned in the negs. Just a few shots of the two males in the finals - Nick Varner, who won, and Mike Massey. And a couple of shots of Gloria Walker, defending champion, and Billie Billings, who won the woman's division. Oh, the name of the tournament - The 1980 BCA National 8 Ball Championship.

Feel free to browse this little gallery and add comments if you recognize someone. Here is the link: http://billporter.smugmug.com/gallery/7493405_Evs5d#483675330_CTKwC

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Great pics, as usual, Bill! You ought to send some of those to Nick. He'd really enjoy them.

It's interesting they used the yellow/red 8-pall pool balls. Pretty daring for 1980!

Doc

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
gulfportdoc said:
Great pics, as usual, Bill! You ought to send some of those to Nick. He'd really enjoy them.

It's interesting they used the yellow/red 8-pall pool balls. Pretty daring for 1980!

Doc
Thanks for the compliment! At that time, I was just shooting a few snapshots at the end of that tournament. Never dreamed at that time that 29 years later they would be viewable world wide.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
My compliments also, Bill. I have always had a photography interest, and also a pool hobby, but it apparently never occurred to me to put the two together until recently :)