Thank you, for Jet Johnson

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Following is an email I received from the departed, Jet Johnson's niece, Anita. She asked me if I would post it on AZ and OnePocket.org.

"My dear Freddy, There really are no words to convey just how grateful my family is for the love you & the pool world have lavished on my Uncle Jet. I don't have enough time to tell you how highly he spoke of you and the role pool played in his life. The Chinatown dinner fundraiser on his behalf really set fire to the spirit he had towards recovery.

We spent a portion of one of our visits reading the blogs on A-Z billiards, smile; through the tears I could feel his joy. He knew that you guys truly cared for the Hungry Hound. This note is to let you, and the givers to the cause, know that your love is/was/and always will be appreciated. Please know that his life was not in vain and the world of pool will not go unnoticed! Thank you all for providing an arena where my uncle could be himself and indulge in his passion without prejudice. Around that green felt table he was at home!

There were some things that my uncle was unable to accomplish before he transitioned to his heavenly home and those things he has given to my charge. Please continue to pray and support these efforts in order to bring to fruition the Hungry Hound Foundation. He wanted to make sure that the game of pool is provided to those youngsters that have a unique drive and passion, just as he did; along with a facility that would enhance the drive.

Again, we thank you for the love and look forward to sharing with you in the home going celebration of a great man!

Sincerely Written,
Anita aka niece of Jet the "Hungry Hound"

P.S. Freddy, I need to talk to you. There are a couple of things that I need to find before the service on thursday and Eddie Gobbo said that you are the Master of pool knowledge! I will be calling you soon."

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Freddie "The Beard" Bentivegna

Freddie "The Beard" Bentivegna

I'm happy for you Freddie, being a giver like your self there isn't anything more rewarding then to feel the appreciation of those who you have helped, or supported. I really admire you for being a person who has so much love and concern for people, particularly people/players who are down and out and can't afford to do the things that would make them happy, one last time. You have done many special things for a lot of players that would of never been able to afford or even thought about doing for themselves.

Take care of your health, and don't eat too much pasta, life wouldn't be the same without you.

Always,
Billy Incardona

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Thanks Willie,

Thanks Willie,

I'm happy for you Freddie, being a giver like your self there isn't anything more rewarding then to feel the appreciation of those who you have helped, or supported. I really admire you for being a person who has so much love and concern for people, particularly people/players who are down and out and can't afford to do the things that would make them happy, one last time. You have done many special things for a lot of players that would of never been able to afford or even thought about doing for themselves.

Take care of your health, and don't eat too much pasta, life wouldn't be the same without you.

Always,
Billy Incardona

...and lest anybody forget, you aint ever yet refused to kick in for any down and outer.

Beard

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
Following is an email I received from the departed, Jet Johnson's niece, Anita. She asked me if I would post it on AZ and OnePocket.org. ... There were some things that my uncle was unable to accomplish before he transitioned to his heavenly home and those things he has given to my charge. Please continue to pray and support these efforts in order to bring to fruition the Hungry Hound Foundation. He wanted to make sure that the game of pool is provided to those youngsters that have a unique drive and passion, just as he did; along with a facility that would enhance the drive ...

Sincerely Written,
Anita aka niece of Jet the "Hungry Hound"

Certainly didn't know Jet Johnson but can see he was in the 'right' place

The position I'm in can not start to help a foundation like this but what a fine gesture for the youth of tomorrow. We need more 'Hungary Hounds" for sure

Thanks for all you do for this wonderful game Fred, soooo directly and obviously indirectly

Condolences and all the best to the family of a fine player and an even better person, Mr 'Jet' Johnson

RIP sir

Bill