Tell me 1 good reason why kickbanks aren't legal in banks?

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Around here (and at DCC ring games), the shot is usually scored as a point but it must go three rails first, not just two.

At any rate, I asked for clarification because I think the OP was asking about kicking a ball and making it bank off a cushion before going in a pocket, whereas we are now talking about just a multi-rail kick shot.

Right, both are optional house rules, but have to be agreed on up front. This is from 1p orgs bank pool rule page:

Some house rules permit rail-first shots, as long as they are called, and as long as a bank is designated following the rail-first contact.

Some house rules and some multi-player games permit rail-first shots directly into a pocket, as long as the cue ball strikes at least three cushions before the object ball is contacted.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
kick banks

kick banks

i grew up in w. ky. bank pool was 20 cents a game back then, and he house man decided that kick banks would make the game go faster and would make more money. So we played kick-ins, 3,4,5,6,and even 7 rail kick ins were played and made, today I still love the 3,4,5, rail kick ins.