shooters olathe 1p

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
57 entries

1p.org members lsjohn, figueroa, miller here....

lost my first to frank spencer, lou draws harriman, think john plays tomorrow.

bergman, gomez, gabriel, durbin, mcminn, saez, woodward, olinger, gray, compton notables in the tourney.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Nice to play the big dogs.

I'm on a California tour. Played Jerry in Ventura yesterday. Hope to play Hendy Saturday.

Don't think I'll make back to St. Louis anytime soon. Have fun guys

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
57 entries

1p.org members lsjohn, figueroa, miller here....

lost my first to frank spencer, lou draws harriman, think john plays tomorrow.

bergman, gomez, gabriel, durbin, mcminn, saez, woodward, olinger, gray, compton notables in the tourney.

Also Alex Olinger who has won the 1P tournament in the past, and the 100+ player bar table 9 ball on another occasion.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Lou played very well against Harriman.

I played Harriman next, and as he usually does, he got shit-house lucky. Every time I put him in a trap, he lucked out of it. Balls would careen all over the table then fall in his pocket. Every time he missed, the CB would spin around, bounce off of balls and wind up in the jaws of my pocket.

Lucky shit!

(I did make a ball in almost every game though. He was pissed!) :mad:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hey, you guys need to know not to count on this Dustin Miller having your back. I've got a hernia and the doctor told me not to lift anything heavy, but Dustin wouldn't go the the rest room with me to give me a hand.

One-way SOB!

(Mitch would have.)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
BTW, I recruited another player for the SSII in April, and he thinks he can bring a player for the SI.

Nice fellow, friend of Harriman and Darren Everett. Ron Hamblett from Springfield, Mo. I'll contact him for entry fees as soon as it's time to post; I'll check with him in a couple of weeks from now about his SI friend.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Harriman is a beast, luck has little to do with his game. 14.1 doesn't value luck, that's for 9-ball players.

Lou played very well against Harriman.

I played Harriman next, and as he usually does, he got shit-house lucky. Every time I put him in a trap, he lucked out of it. Balls would careen all over the table then fall in his pocket. Every time he missed, the CB would spin around, bounce off of balls and wind up in the jaws of my pocket.

Lucky shit!

(I did make a ball in almost every game though. He was pissed!) :mad:

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Hey, you guys need to know not to count on this Dustin Miller having your back. I've got a hernia and the doctor told me not to lift anything heavy, but Dustin wouldn't go the the rest room with me to give me a hand.

One-way SOB!

(Mitch would have.)

Ha! John you are a funny dude!

I wish I could have made this tourney. However, in addition to being swamped with work and house repairs, I am sick as a dog, so it is good that I missed this one.

kollegedave

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
shooters olathe 1p

Sounds like a blast. Thanks for the report Dustin. Please do keep us posted if there is any interesting action.

And John… Of course I would help you buddy… Just let me get my tools from the last time you needed help....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448026406.086203.jpg

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Harriman is a beast, luck has little to do with his game. 14.1 doesn't value luck, that's for 9-ball players.

Harriman is a wonderful all-around player, but in my experience, he can be a bit manic playing one pocket, shooting wildly aggressive shots and sometimes not caring exactly what happens.

unoperro

Verified Member
Harriman is a wonderful all-around player, but in my experience, he can be a bit manic playing one pocket, shooting wildly aggressive shots and sometimes not caring exactly what happens.

That can be said of many top players.
Seems they think 8 and out is always the answer.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

I've played him three times previously, and watched him on several other occasions. Like most of us he thinks he can execute what he can imagine, and he's right 95% of the time. He's quite capable of beating anyone, and has.

Lou forced him to be cautious, but I couldn't. Still his only mistakes were two carom scratches on shots you wouldn't have said the scratch was "on."

Like wannabe implied, he prefers 14:1, but you can't tell by watching his 1P.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Great looking old style room-- but yet with modern equipment. Nice combination!

~Doc
Yes, and what you're seeing in Dustin's photo is less than 1/3 of the room.

3 9' Diamonds, 10 Gold Crowns, 20 bar tables and a nice 3C. Bar and restaurant, reasonable prices, great owner and staff. Dave Matlock is a co-manager, and the owner loves pool -- especially 1P -- as much as we do and he's not a nit in any way. He does $5000 added 1P & bar table 9 ball tournaments 3 times a year (usually, IIRC, Feb, July, Nov.)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

One-way SOB!

(Mitch would have.)

I had that problem, leverage helps. Put a rope around your neck and hoist that "Baby" up. :)