Sept 10-13 Big Dog Billiards One Pocket Championship

Bigtruck

Verified Member
ATTENTION PLAYERS AND SPONSORS - The only way these events can happen is if we know who will be in attendance. The room needs that information to promote and so do I.

If you plan on playing in this OR is you are a sponsor for a player. We MUST have your commitment in place by Sept 1st. Get in touch with us as soon as possible. James Landrum, Randy Hanson can be reached at - 515-266-6100. I can be reached here or at 254-379-2569

Scott Frost
Jeremy Jones
Richie Richeson
Joshua Roberts
Joey Gray
Danny Smith
Justin Hall
Tony Chohan
Gary Lutman
Jessie Bowman

We still have 6 spots open too!

Attachments

• one pocket big dog2 smaller.jpg
    one pocket big dog2 smaller.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 0

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Ray, I have a suggestion but I'm not sure how you do it. Have the Calcutta on the internet. When I was working, many large ticket items were sold with live internet bidding auctions.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
I know there are people who have tried them, Seems like a pandoras box to me.

Ray

BRLongArm

Verified Member
(a) Whoever being engaged in the business of betting or wagering knowingly uses a wire communication facility for the transmission in interstate or foreign commerce of bets or wagers or information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers on any sporting event or contest, or for the transmission of a wire communication which entitles the recipient to receive money or credit as a result of bets or wagers, or for information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
(a) Whoever being engaged in the business of betting or wagering knowingly uses a wire communication facility for the transmission in interstate or foreign commerce of bets or wagers or information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers on any sporting event or contest, or for the transmission of a wire communication which entitles the recipient to receive money or credit as a result of bets or wagers, or for information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

I don't know if a calcutta is considered wagering though. It seems they are popular in certain areas, and in other areas they are avoided -- mainly because of concerns about legality. They are apparently popular with golf and of course March Madness basketball, so when I searched a lot of what came up related to those sports.

Doing an internet search I came across this -- which happens to be from the State of Montana:
http://www.mtcounties.org/sites/def...letters-advice/opinions/volume-42/v42-O39.pdf

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I don't know if a calcutta is considered wagering

My understanding:

Several courts have ruled that placing bets on one's own skill is not, but betting on random outcomes or the skills of others is. I think any calcutta that contained an interstate element would be prosecutable under federal law. While it would be unusual for the Feds to be interested in a live calcutta at a pool or golf venue, conducting one online wiould be very likely IMO to get Fed interest.

Some states, counties and cities have specific laws against or rules about when a calcutta would be lawful or unlawful within their jurisdictions.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Ray are you ever going to make the Smokin Aces tournament that Efren won available for purchase?

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Great field of top one pocket players Alex Pagulayan is now confirmed.

Online PPV coverage by PoolActionTV Lead commentary Scott Rabon and special quests.

Players list;

Alex Pagulayan
Scott Frost
Jeremy Jones
Richie Richeson
Joshua Roberts
Joey Gray
Danny Smith
Justin Hall
Tony Chohan
Jesse Bowman
Corey Deuel
Jayson Shaw -???
Chris Bartram
Ike Runnels

11911716_1634233976832774_1777009089_n.jpg

Last edited:

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
11911716_1634233976832774_1777009089_n.jpg

Online Passes on sale NOW!!

Can watch on all devices.

Live tech support throughout event.

Helpdeskpatv@gmail.com or Helpdesk PoolActionTV on Facebook.

or in Live chat room www.ustream.tv/channel/bigtruck

Get your pass here www.PoolActionTV.com

Capture.JPG

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Should be another very interesting tournament. It's nice to see that Des Moines is now on the pool map with a nice event!

Good luck to the promoters, and to Terry!:)

~Doc

Bigtruck

Verified Member
I apologize for not having updates here. I thought someone was sharing.

Yesterday we kicked off with Alex Pagulayan vs Justin Hall and it was an amazing match. Alex won 5-3

Today we had Scott Frost vs Danny Smith that went hill hill and 7-7 the last game! The Freezer won it with a 2 rail bank. 5-4

Right now we have Tony Chohan vs Alex Pagulayan the score is currently 2-2 racing to 5.

3 matches tomorrow and Sunday!!

Upsets include Jesse Bowman defeating Alex Pagulayan 5-3

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Jesse Bowman vs Jeremy Jones today at noon

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1442064736836.jpg
    FB_IMG_1442064736836.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0