Reflections on Red Shoes.

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
(No, you nits, not the up-skirt patent leather reflections my friend Muffy’s nuns warned all the girls about. Gomers!)

The action: John Henderson takes on The One Pocket Ghost. Race, I believe, to 10.

I think the sentiments on the Ghost’s tee captured the spirit of the match … One Pocket (front) The Ultimate Pool Game (reverse). Elegant typeface too!

The fashion setup: stylishly black v. ‘orange is the new black.’ Classic.

The body language for both men was fascinating -- it seemed to me to be a seemingly contradictory combination of intensity and tentativeness.

It was a treat watching those two dignified warriors square off for real money. And, in front of a relatively large audience. Even more pressure.

I’ve read that both of them have lost a step or so. Still, flashes of brilliance came through … fond reminders of what once was and what might have been if.

The Ghost sank some amazing ‘desperation‘ shots. Also had some nifty ‘turn the table around‘ moves.

Mr. Henderson pulled off what I’ve come to think of as Efren shots -- when in a seemingly impossible trap, the cue ball travels around and ends up in the one, precise spot on the table where it desperately needs to be.

Appreciation is my life,

Sunny

P. S. The wood on that table looked so lush. And when the outside door opened and that afternoon sunlight streamed in from the left, bathing the railbirds … well it was like a still life painting. One of the great ones that conveys the sense that something is just on the verge of happening.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
(No, you nits, not the up-skirt patent leather reflections my friend Muffy’s nuns warned all the girls about. Gomers!)

The action: John Henderson takes on The One Pocket Ghost. Race, I believe, to 10.

I think the sentiments on the Ghost’s tee captured the spirit of the match … One Pocket (front) The Ultimate Pool Game (reverse). Elegant typeface too!

The fashion setup: stylishly black v. ‘orange is the new black.’ Classic.

The body language for both men was fascinating -- it seemed to me to be a seemingly contradictory combination of intensity and tentativeness.

It was a treat watching those two dignified warriors square off for real money. And, in front of a relatively large audience. Even more pressure.

I’ve read that both of them have lost a step or so. Still, flashes of brilliance came through … fond reminders of what once was and what might have been if.

The Ghost sank some amazing ‘desperation‘ shots. Also had some nifty ‘turn the table around‘ moves.

Mr. Henderson pulled off what I’ve come to think of as Efren shots -- when in a seemingly impossible trap, the cue ball travels around and ends up in the one, precise spot on the table where it desperately needs to be.

Appreciation is my life,

Sunny

P. S. The wood on that table looked so lush. And when the outside door opened and that afternoon sunlight streamed in from the left, bathing the railbirds … well it was like a still life painting. One of the great ones that conveys the sense that something is just on the verge of happening.

now that I've had my senior citizens bowl of oatmeal for the day :), I'll make a onepocket.org post...

sunnyone...you've got the Ghost feeling just a wee bit guilty now...:eek:...

...seein' as how I've had some fun in the past, (at your expense ;)) in responding to some of your, lengthy-not-always-relating-to-One Pocket-posts...

...but this post of yours, is a peacock of a different color..:D...

...all kidding aside..thanks on behalf of John and myself for the props..and also, I think the observations you've made here re. our match, are insightful.

Giving credit where credit's due is my life, Ghost

PS, And as for those shoe-reflections going up skirts...these are modern times sunny...nowadays the up-to-date pervert has a camouflaged miniature video camera attached to his shoe or boot...:eek:...:heh

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
now that I've had my senior citizens bowl of oatmeal for the day :), I'll make a onepocket.org post...

sunnyone...you've got the Ghost feeling just a wee bit guilty now...:eek:...

...seein' as how I've had some fun in the past, (at your expense ;)) in responding to some of your, lengthy-not-always-relating-to-One Pocket-posts...

...but this post of yours, is a peacock of a different color..:D...

...all kidding aside..thanks on behalf of John and myself for the props..and also, I think the observations you've made here re. our match, are insightful.

Giving credit where credit's due is my life, Ghost

PS, And as for those shoe-reflections going up skirts...these are modern times sunny...nowadays the up-to-date pervert has a camouflaged miniature video camera attached to his shoe or boot...:eek:...:heh

Ghost,

I think if you jump a little higher on your escape shots you could easily give JH 9-7. ;) I find myself watching the stream just to see if you can jump higher than the last time :D Good luck to both of you this afternoon!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ghost,

I think if you jump a little higher on your escape shots you could easily give JH 9-7. ;) Good luck to both of you this afternoon!

senor...certain shots require body english - everybody knows that..:heh...as long as I stay down on my finesse shots I'll be alright...;)

senor

Verified Member
senor...certain shots require body english - everybody knows that..:heh...as long as I stay down on my finesse shots I'll be alright...;)

Body english is an art form that some pool players never learn. You sir, are an artist!