Our friend and co member Jakie

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I am saddened to inform the OP.org members that our friend Nick P. AKA Jakie has suffered a heart attack this past Saturday. He was operated on Monday and is currently in the hospital recovering. The good news is that he is expected to make a full recovery and it is anticipated that he will be released this Sunday.

Jakie is signed up to play in the OP.org tournament this June but it doesn't take much insight to realize he will not be contending this time around. Jakie is hopeful that someone will step up and take his place in the lineup.

He is profoundly disappointed that he can't be in Chicago to compete and mingle with all you straight shooting rascals. I think he had his sights on returning home to Naples with several C-notes from the pocket books of some of you. Nice escape guys. You know who you are!

In the next few days Nick will be checking in from time to time, so if you wish to share your thoughts with Nick this is a good place to do it.

Let's all wish Nick a quick and complete recovery. He is without any doubt one of the best we have at OP.org

Get well Nick!!!

Tom
get well soon nick
do what the doctors tell you and you will be running 8 and out in no time:)
larry

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Hello Nick,get well fast. I was really looking to see you in Chicago,my son Joe also wishes you a fast recovery. Eddie from Baltimore.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sorry to hear that you had to go through that, Nick. But it sounds like they got to the problem, and it's good to hear that you'll make a full recovery!!

~Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Jakie, while you are recovering, please post a few road stories in the Journal.
After I was released from the hospital is when I started my Journal entries,
It's amazing what it'll do for your memory.

Best rolls.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
See You In October !

See You In October !

Nick, Sorry to hear about your setback. Surprising to me, since you look the picture of health.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and we will all miss you in Chicago.

I know that you will miss golf for a while, but you can play pool while on the mend.

Hope to see you at Bogie's in October.:):)

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
Get well soon Nick!! i enjoyed meeting and playing you at beast of the east--youre a pretty good player, hope we can match up again--don:)

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Nick get well as soon as can be. I think your good nature will serve your spirits and health well thru this. Be in your area Oct. I'll rattle your cage :).

bm

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
update

update

First of all I need to express my heartfelt thanks to all of my friends on onepocket.org for the for all of the encouragement and kind words in a difficult time.You guys are all champs in my book!
I had my first meeting with the surgeon today since being released from the hospital on 6/20. Other than my sternum(which was sawed in half) I am completely healed. I can increase my walking and begin to wean myself off of the narcotics.He cleared me to drive in ten days. So,all in all, I am very fortunate to come away from this as well as I have. Support from my children and friends has been overwhelming. Everybody has really stepped up. Missing the Chicago event is very disappointing but hopefully I will see all of you in Houston in October.

Once again,
Thanks
Nick

chicagomike

Verified Member
First of all I need to express my heartfelt thanks to all of my friends on onepocket.org for the for all of the encouragement and kind words in a difficult time.You guys are all champs in my book!
I had my first meeting with the surgeon today since being released from the hospital on 6/20. Other than my sternum(which was sawed in half) I am completely healed. I can increase my walking and begin to wean myself off of the narcotics.He cleared me to drive in ten days. So,all in all, I am very fortunate to come away from this as well as I have. Support from my children and friends has been overwhelming. Everybody has really stepped up. Missing the Chicago event is very disappointing but hopefully I will see all of you in Houston in October.

Once again,
Thanks
Nick

Great news Nick! I had my fingers crossed that we'd be hearing positive news.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Once again,
Thanks
Nick

You're not just another pretty face ole buddy, you are tough... Way to hang in there... See you in October...:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
nick
great to hear you are on the mend
follow the docs orders and before you know it
you will have the stamina for
8 AND OUT ....:)

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Heartbeat City On the Loose....

Heartbeat City On the Loose....

Once again,
Thanks
Nick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35_Z0vTLLoA

Oh heartbeat city here we come
And happy days count on thumbs
And nothin' really gets us down
As long as Jacki's back in town

I'm glad you made it

Last edited: