One Pocket in Gainesville?

DShoe

Any one pocket players in Gainesville, FL? I'm new to town and new to the game but want to learn it. Looking for some cheap/free sets from an experienced player who wants to pass down some knowledge to a newbie. I'll pay for pool time.

Cheers,
Shoe

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
DShoe said:
Any one pocket players in Gainesville? I'm new to town and new to the game but want to learn it. Looking for some cheap/free sets from an experienced player who wants to pass down some knowledge to a newbie. I'll pay for pool time.

Cheers,
Shoe

Shoe, my man.......It's 20 degrees here - and I likes me some 80 degrees...If you'll pop for my plane ticket and a place to stay, I'll come down and give you a week or twos free lessons...:eek:....:D

- Ghost

Last edited:

DShoe

You know, I might seriously consider this. Lol Where are you at Ghost?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
CaliRed said:
He can also hand deliver a one pocket T-shirt to you too. You did order one, didn't you?:D

I wore my new Ghost 1P tee shirt to Kolby's last week-end, for good luck...(however it was covered up by normal attire)...I might as well have had a "Bullseye" on my back...:cool:

It's going back to "doggie bed liner" status...:eek:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
DShoe said:
You know, I might seriously consider this. Lol Where are you at Ghost?

Shoe......That's real nice of you to consider offering, but I was only kidding...I couldn't really get away anyway...I gotta work, and hope to get the bills paid every month...:eek:...I'm not like some of these retired guys on here that are all moneyed-up and have 'the life of riley' now...

Now Shoe, we only just met, and you were considering inviting me down....but let me just say, that in all this time on the forum, have I gotten an invitation to come and visit Cali-red in No-braska?, or Dennis in Detroit? :eek:, or Papie in sand-land?, or Doc in the bayous?, or Rod-Skin-Senor in Texas?...etc....nope, no invites....and the Ghost is one of the most wonderful, enjoyable houseguests a person could ever have - doesn't eat much, doesn't snore loud, will try hard to stay away from any 20 yr.old daughters that may be around, won't beat you out of too much $$$ playing One Pocket, won't bring hookers back to the house, will make spaghetti sauce - what more could a host ask for?....:D

- Ghost <-----------Expects invites to come pouring in now - probably from Clare too.....:D

senor

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Now Shoe, we only just met, and you were considering inviting me down....but let me just say, that in all this time on the forum, have I gotten an invitation to come and visit Cali-red in No-braska?, or Dennis in Detroit? :eek:, or Papie in sand-land?, or Doc in the bayous?, or Rod-Skin-Senor in Texas?...etc....nope, no invites....and the Ghost is one of the most wonderful, enjoyable houseguests a person could ever have - doesn't eat much, doesn't snore loud, will try hard to stay away from any 20 yr.old daughters that may be around, won't beat you out of too much $$$ playing One Pocket, won't bring hookers back to the house, will make spaghetti sauce - what more could a host ask for?....:D

- Ghost <-----------Expects invites to come pouring in now - probably from Clare too.....:D

DShoe, welcome to the forum, but you can't be offering plane tickets and room and board to the first one-hole player you run into on this forum. Besides being a little envious of the offer, it kind of shows us up a little bit ;) as Ghosty discretely pointed out above.

Anyways, my home is no place for any real pool player. There's a curfew and a wake up call and we charge rent. Real pool players stay out all night, sleep all day and do so for free :)

Skin

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Shoe......That's real nice of you to consider offering, but I was only kidding...I couldn't really get away anyway...I gotta work, and hope to get the bills paid every month...:eek:...I'm not like some of these retired guys on here that are all moneyed-up and have 'the life of riley' now...

You're invited if you bring Fanny who, I still presume, is supposed to give me 10-7 when she gets down here.

All y'all will have to do is be in the pasture on the salt fork of the Brazos River (exact location to be disclosed) and my man Barefoot Bob and his hog-hunting dogs will run with you into town, and get you comfortably situated at the bus station, where I will come pick you up...for sure.

Skin

DShoe

senor said:
DShoe, welcome to the forum, but you can't be offering plane tickets and room and board to the first one-hole player you run into on this forum. Besides being a little envious of the offer, it kind of shows us up a little bit ;) as Ghosty discretely pointed out above.

Anyways, my home is no place for any real pool player. There's a curfew and a wake up call and we charge rent. Real pool players stay out all night, sleep all day and do so for free :)

Lol, well he's the One Holey Ghost... Why NOT buy a plane ticket for him?

Nah, I was kidding also... mostly... I don't really have cash right now lol, but if I knew where he was I would just go there (I'm sure there's a lot of one hole where he's at); I've got some vacation time coming up.

So is there no one from Gainesville on this forum?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
DShoe said:

Nah, I was kidding also... mostly... I don't really have cash right now lol, but if I knew where he was I would just go there (I'm sure there's a lot of one hole where he's at); I've got some vacation time coming up.

So is there no one from Gainesville on this forum?

Gainsville WHERE there's probably one in every other state.
Rod.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
DShoe said:

Shoe....I'm in Chicago...guess you must not be a long-time lurker on here....:)

DShoe

One Pocket Ghost said:
Shoe....I'm in Chicago...guess you must not be a long-time lurker on here....:)

I just joined in on the forum here. Someone else informed me about it's existence.

Chicago? Damn, I just moved out of Chicago in July (job and money problems). I'll be moving back in a few years after I finish school though. I'll definitely come up to visit too. When I'm up there, I'll look you up--- there probably aren't too many One Pocket Ghosts in the phonebook.

beatle

Verified Member
he should be easy to find. he will be a good player without a gold star.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im in vero beach and would play you some on the weekends ( 3 hours from gainesville) fort pierce opened a new place that has alot of 1p im told. pm me and we can talk.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
im in vero beach and would play you some on the weekends ( 3 hours from gainesville) fort pierce opened a new place that has alot of 1p im told. pm me and we can talk.

That lll, always playing position on someone;) . Are you sure youse ain't from Chicago?