One Pocket, 75 cents a game...

MisterBanker

Verified Member
A new room opened locally and I went to check it out last night. Instead of paying by the hour which every other room in the area with drop pocket tables uses now, they pay by the game. 8 & 9 ball is 50 cents and One Pocket 75 cents! I thought about a recent $5 game I won than I played at my regular room that lasted a wee bit under an hour at 6 bucks worth of table time. Net loss of a dollar.

Now I just need to figure out if anyone that plays at the new room can even spell one pocket, and see if we can engage in a few hours long defensive battles.;)
________
Buy Vaporizers

Last edited:

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Wow, that's a new thing. They have a special price for one pocket, huh? How do they enforce the per game fee? I hope they don't have a lot of one pocket players or they're going to go out of business charging $.75 for one pocket vs $.50 for 9-ball/8-ball...

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Amazing

Amazing

Not two years ago I was in a small establishment that had two 1953 Brunswick Snooker tables (with I am told, sequential numbers as they were purchased factory new......). In 2007 the cost to play was 25 cents per cue. I banged some balls around on several occasions by my lonesome and when I went to settle up each time, after perhaps an hour each time, all that was requested was twenty-five cents .... I left several bucks as a 'tip' hoping they would not go bust. Nice tables .... 5x10's and one is an honest snooker table.