New School meet the Members thread

androd

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
7,216
New School meet the Members thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speak up newcomers,

This is a good idea I never done one here and most of the piblic profiles seem to be secretive !



A few questions to keep it interesting - ONE SENTENCE RESPONSE TO EACH ??? in lieu of speedy read.

??? # 1 - State age, year you began playing pool.------72---1951
#2 - Are you a single female and available?----no--no
#3 How long have you been playing one pocket?-------------1961
#4 Who are/were your pimary pool influences?---Farmer Brown, Cotton Lingo
#5 Favorite Player, and also, biggest influence.---Jersey Red/ Jersey Red
#6 What does your screen name mean? 1st E-mail address---jeanneandrod--- jeanne wanted her own, I kept androd.
#7 What area are you in?---Houston Tx.
#8 Hobbies---Gambling on stock market, reading fiction (don't like how true stories end), crossword puzzles, romantic dinners, moonlite walks with my dominate bitch.
 
Last edited:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
858
You aren't "surfer rod" are you?
androd said:
New School meet the Members thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speak up newcomers,

This is a good idea I never done one here and most of the piblic profiles seem to be secretive !



A few questions to keep it interesting - ONE SENTENCE RESPONSE TO EACH ??? in lieu of speedy read.

??? # 1 - State age, year you began playing pool.------72---1951
#2 - Are you a single female and available?----no--no
#3 How long have you been playing one pocket?-------------1961
#4 Who are/were your pimary pool influences?---Farmer Brown, Cotton Lingo
#5 Favorite Player, and also, biggest influence.---Jersey Red/ Jersey Red
#6 What does your screen name mean? 1st E-mail address---jeanneandrod--- jeanne wanted her own, I kept androd.
#7 What area are you in?---Houston Tx.
#8 Hobbies---Gambling on stock market, reading fiction (don't like how true stories end), crossword puzzles, romantic dinners, moonlite walks with my dominate bitch.
 

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
newfosgatesucks said:
You aren't "surfer rod" are you?
NewFos,

He is definately not Surfer Rod..Surfer Rod was a "traveling" pool sucker..This sucker (Rodney) stays in one place most of the time.. :D :D

PS..His win/loss record, is probably the exact opposite of Surfer Rod's...:eek:
 
Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
7,216
newfosgatesucks said:
You aren't "surfer rod" are you?
Newfos, No, I think he was a little younger than me. A unique character, we played pool several times. I once saw him boogerloo about $4000.00 away while playing pool in Nashville. He was dancing and his opponent was playing pool. I once asked him for the money he owed me, from a loan after he went broke. he flexed his bicep and said "try and get it" :) He did pay it a year or so later after I lost to him pitching at the line. He pitched very well that night. (and every night) He got in serious trouble in Dallas with his macho attitude.
Rod.
 

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
9,337
SJDinPHX said:
NewFos, Guess I might as well seriously fill out your questionare too.

#1. State age, year you began playing pool. - In my Golden Years - can't remember
#2. Are you a single female and available? - does cross-dressing/transvestitism count?
#3. How long have you been playing one pocket? - can't remember
#4. Who are/were your primary pool influences? - One Pocket Ghost
#5. Favorite Player, and also, biggest influence. - One Pocket Ghost
#6. What does your screen name mean? - SJDinPHX, stands for: Still Just Divine in Purple Hanes (briefs) XSmall
#7. What area are you in? - Where grass is yellow.
#8. Hobbies. - I like to keep very active! - Shuffleboard, badminton, canasta, collecting Hummel figurines, cactus gardening, studying pool systems, playing bank pool, crocheting in pastels (don't laugh, I find it very calming), disco dancing for seniors (on Friday nights at the local Elks Club) and...Bingo on Tuesday nights and watching the soaps on T.V....:)

SJD


Wow Papie.......You sure do live a fun-filled active life...:rolleyes:....and let me say that I feel proud that you named me as your One Pocket influence and favorite player...:)...


Your Pal, Ghosty.....:D
 
Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
15,312
newfosgatesucks said:
Just like the title says, There already exists a thread for this,it is rather lengthy, and good for most all members over 2 yrs here. Speak up newcomers, I will lead the way.


A few questions to keep it interesting - ONE SENTENCE RESPONSE TO EACH ??? in lieu of speedy read.

??? # 1 - State age, year you began playing pool.
#2 - Are you a single female and available?:cool:
#3 How long have you been playing one pocket?
#4 Who are your pimary pool influences?
#5 Favorite Player, and also, biggest influence.
#6 What does your screen name mean?
#7 What area are you in?
i'll do my best
56 1965 but really 1971
no /no but if you know any im available (clare im in vero)
almost 40 years off and on
"jim the harvard kid" aka ed morgan (if anyone knows him id reaaly want to talk to him). joe from the student union.
earl heisler . new york blackie. grady matthews
initials of my name
vero beach , fl.
i want to add if tom brocado from lake charles , la. is reading this pm me
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
15,312
vapros or anyone else
did you ever run into tom? pm me
 

vapros

Verified Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
3,619
Sorry, Larry. The only Lake Charles people I ever knew were bowlers. :eek:
 

blackeee

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
877
Surfer Rod?

Surfer Rod?

androd said:
Newfos, No, I think he was a little younger than me. A unique character, we played pool several times. I once saw him boogerloo about $4000.00 away while playing pool in Nashville. He was dancing and his opponent was playing pool. I once asked him for the money he owed me, from a loan after he went broke. he flexed his bicep and said "try and get it" :) He did pay it a year or so later after I lost to him pitching at the line. He pitched very well that night. (and every night) He got in serious trouble in Dallas with his macho attitude.
Rod.
A guy came through here years ago who I think was Surfer Rod. He was in this after hours joint that had a couple of bar tables in it. He hustled me to play some pool but since I had imbibed too much I declined. He then hustle me to pitch at the line. Well, he fell into his own trap as I was the best line pitcher I ever saw. I said OK, if we draw a line on the dance floor and pitch at that. The owner cleared the dance floor, we drew a line and started out at 200 a pop. I beat him out 4400 and never saw him again.
 

androd

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
7,216
blackeee said:
A guy came through here years ago who I think was Surfer Rod. He was in this after hours joint that had a couple of bar tables in it. He hustled me to play some pool but since I had imbibed too much I declined. He then hustle me to pitch at the line. Well, he fell into his own trap as I was the best line pitcher I ever saw. I said OK, if we draw a line on the dance floor and pitch at that. The owner cleared the dance floor, we drew a line and started out at 200 a pop. I beat him out 4400 and never saw him again.
Good Job, especially for a guy who's imbibed a bit. :D
Rod.
 

SactownTom

Moderator
Joined
May 31, 2004
Messages
813
#1 - State age, year you began playing pool. 62, 1964
#2 - Are you a single female and available? no and no
#3 How long have you been playing one pocket? 1978
#4 Who are your primary pool influences? only the table and pockets
#5 Favorite Player, and also, biggest influence. Earl Strickland and Ralf Black
#6 What does your screen name mean? Sacramento; where I live and Tom, my first name
#7 What area are you in? see #6

Favorite nurse Lucy Liu in 'lucky number slevin'
 

CaliRed

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
1,963
#1 - State age, year you began playing pool. --- I'm 48 - Started in '81

#2 - Are you a single female and available?:cool: --- Let's just say I have a "outie"

#3 How long have you been playing one pocket? Loved watching it for about 20 years, only got to play it for a few years with real players, now hard to find anyone in my area to play

#4 Who were your primary pool influences? Seattle Players.. J.D., Cress, Zimmerman, Marsh, Louie, Thayer

#5 Favorite Player, --- Rotation - SVB, McCready, Hatch, Tadd... OnePocket - Efren, Ronnie, Grady, Cardone ... Banks - da Beard, Smiley from Spokane... Announcers -Billy Incardona, Grady, da Beard
#6 What does your screen name mean? Started out in honor of a real cool pool friend I had, who died a long time ago. First used California Red in my warez days, then shortened it to CaliRed
#7 What area are you in?[/quote] In the middle of the Midwest, where Waren Buffet lives. (He puts the bite on me every now and then)
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
15,312
SactownTom said:
#1 - State age, year you began playing pool. 62, 1964
#2 - Are you a single female and available? no and no
#3 How long have you been playing one pocket? 1978
#4 Who are your primary pool influences? only the table and pockets
#5 Favorite Player, and also, biggest influence. Earl Strickland and Ralf Black
#6 What does your screen name mean? Sacramento; where I live and Tom, my first name
#7 What area are you in? see #6

Favorite nurse Lucy Liu in 'lucky number slevin'
you started when you were 8?? could you eleborate??
 

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
The truth emerges !!!

The truth emerges !!!

One Pocket Ghost said:
Wow Papie.......You sure do live a fun-filled active life...:rolleyes:....and let me say that I feel proud that you named me as your One Pocket influence and favorite player...:)...


Your Pal, Ghosty.....:D
Was off-line most of yesterday, and I just caught your hilarious [sic] post now...Let me just say this,...If my pool game had ever been influenced by ANYONE from Chicago, I would have died from sheer boredom long ago.

And yes, between Bubbles, and J.A., I lead a very active life, much unlike apparitions who only have their fantasies (and very weak comedic skills) to sustain themselve's..:rolleyes:

San <---knows the Ghrost only wishes he would have had MOI, to influence him...San would have cured his "nittiness" early on. (maybe,...tall order)
However, San would not have been able to do anything about his lack of talent...After all, he learned 1 Pkt., from watching Weirdo Beardo consistently lose his cash...:eek:
 
Last edited:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
858
"Blackeee and Blue"

"Blackeee and Blue"

Imbibed,heh? For those of you who don't know how stone cold Blackeee is, here's a little bit.

This past week, Blackeee suffered a very damaging blow to the head. Slipped in the ice, laid his forehead/brow open clean over to his temple. I show up to hit some balls, he answers the door looking like death. And whats he say?

"Go on over there an' get warmed up"
I asked if he was goin to the hospital, and got a truly great answer:
"I aint messin with that right now, I wanna play some ----in POOL."

Frankly, I was scared NOT to get warmed up. lol. SO, here we go at it, and he just gets out from nowhere, bankin, kissin, shootin, Blood runnin down his face, gettin in his EYE.

And through it all, he beats me "Blackee and Blue":eek:
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
15,312
newfosgatesucks said:
Imbibed,heh? For those of you who don't know how stone cold Blackeee is, here's a little bit.

This past week, Blackeee suffered a very damaging blow to the head. Slipped in the ice, laid his forehead/brow open clean over to his temple. I show up to hit some balls, he answers the door looking like death. And whats he say?

"Go on over there an' get warmed up"
I asked if he was goin to the hospital, and got a truly great answer:
"I aint messin with that right now, I wanna play some ----in POOL."

Frankly, I was scared NOT to get warmed up. lol. SO, here we go at it, and he just gets out from nowhere, bankin, kissin, shootin, Blood runnin down his face, gettin in his EYE.

And through it all, he beats me "Blackee and Blue":eek:
maybe the knock on his head had him beleiving he was efren?:eek: :D ??
 
Top