Members Only Tournament: date & location nominations

walrus1

Been to California Billiards, Bogies, and Derby. Looking forward to a new adventure 🤡

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I doubt Buffalo's -- but Lacy's is a half hour away just outside of New Orleans. We had our first MOT there. They have plenty of Diamond tables and are not nearly as busy a room. A big plus for the Lacy's location would of course be that Buffalo's is only a half hour away :)
Steve, I agree with Lacy's as a main entrant in choice of locations. Frank hosted our very first MOT and it is one of the finest rooms in US.

Has good food and menu. Once you get route down between Lacy's and Buffalo's, you can make it in 20 minutes. And, like Doc says, it

is Non-Smoking. You can not beat NOLA for food options. TylerBob said there was a great restaurant almost right across street from Lacy.s.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Concerns....

A few of us were already in New Orleans this past week.
The 11-4 time frame can coincide with Hurricane, or Snow for those who drive.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Steve, I agree with Lacy's as a main entrant in choice of locations. Frank hosted our very first MOT and it is one of the finest rooms in US.

Has good food and menu. Once you get route down between Lacy's and Buffalo's, you can make it in 20 minutes. And, like Doc says, it

is Non-Smoking. You can not beat NOLA for food options. TylerBob said there was a great restaurant almost right across street from Lacy.s.
If we were to do it at Lacys, I think we should RENT a large home with a pool for a Large group of players, and have the home close to the pool room.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Well we were gonna announce next week but here goes for your consideration.

Southaven Recreation Center Tournament

Andy has allowed me to announce a Onepocket.org members only tournament for 11/4-11/7.

11/4 One Ball One Pocket Mini (unsure on entry at this time. Thinking 50.00 but will entertain other figures)
11/5 One Pocket Main Event starting at High Noon
100.00 entry 25 green fee with 1000.00 added with full field of 32 for Main Event

Sorry to hijack the thread but puttin it out there~T
I would go back to Southaven in a heartbeat.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Well we were gonna announce next week but here goes for your consideration.

Southaven Recreation Center Tournament

Andy has allowed me to announce a Onepocket.org members only tournament for 11/4-11/7.

11/4 One Ball One Pocket Mini (unsure on entry at this time. Thinking 50.00 but will entertain other figures)
11/5 One Pocket Main Event starting at High Noon
100.00 entry 25 green fee with 1000.00 added with full field of 32 for Main Event

Sorry to hijack the thread but puttin it out there~T
Count this as another vote and endorsement for Southaven.

(1) It is already set up. All we have to do is say “yes.” Todd is our point man on the ground who has already done the leg work. All we have to do is handle an entry list and collect $125 from everyone. They already have a dedicated tourney director set up who will handle the calcutta, print out brackets, manage the tourney, etc.

(2) They have been hosts and taken care of us twice in the past with the regional onepocket.org tourneys (Melee in Memphis #1 and #2). With the exception of when Bill/Andy were in the middle of an ownership change (which would have been #3), everything has run smooth and the members that have attended have enjoyed themselves and the venue.

(3) The mini one ball one pocket (which I’m assuming local guys would play in) on Thursday evening is a nice touch and similar in nature to the banks tourney we did the night before Melee in Memphis #1.

(4) From what I understand (maybe Todd can post some pics) is that the new owner, Andy, has done some remodeling – in part to accommodate events such as ours. He’s adding money for a full field.

(5) Memphis is smack dad in the middle of the country and the airport is nearby. Local travel/lack of relative congestion lends itself easy to get from point A to point B. There are numerous places to eat and lodge nearby that are economical.

(6) Did I mention: It is already set up. All we have to do is say “yes.”

;)

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Count this as another vote and endorsement for Southaven.

(1) It is already set up. All we have to do is say “yes.” Todd is our point man on the ground who has already done the leg work. All we have to do is handle an entry list and collect $125 from everyone. They already have a dedicated tourney director set up who will handle the calcutta, print out brackets, manage the tourney, etc.

(2) They have been hosts and taken care of us twice in the past with the regional onepocket.org tourneys (Melee in Memphis #1 and #2). With the exception of when Bill/Andy were in the middle of an ownership change (which would have been #3), everything has run smooth and the members that have attended have enjoyed themselves and the venue.

(3) The mini one ball one pocket (which I’m assuming local guys would play in) on Thursday evening is a nice touch and similar in nature to the banks tourney we did the night before Melee in Memphis #1.

(4) From what I understand (maybe Todd can post some pics) is that the new owner, Andy, has done some remodeling – in part to accommodate events such as ours. He’s adding money for a full field.

(5) Memphis is smack dad in the middle of the country and the airport is nearby. Local travel/lack of relative congestion lends itself easy to get from point A to point B. There are numerous places to eat and lodge nearby that are economical.

(6) Did I mention: It is already set up. All we have to do is say “yes.”

;)
Your argument and those pictures as well as the past reviews from previous events sold me......count my vote for Southaven... (y)

Andy52086

Verified Member
Hey everyone! I'm Andy Warren and I purchased The Southaven Recreation Center from Bill Rowsey last February. Todd had mentioned possibly hosting the Member's Only tournament again. We would love to have everyone come down! We have more food options at our place, plenty of restaurants nearby, plus 3 hotels withing 1/2 mile and less than 10 mins from Memphis Airport. Todd's post earlier pretty much sums up what we had in mind. If anyone's interested we would love to make it happen!

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Hey everyone! I'm Andy Warren and I purchased The Southaven Recreation Center from Bill Rowsey last February. Todd had mentioned possibly hosting the Member's Only tournament again. We would love to have everyone come down! We have more food options at our place, plenty of restaurants nearby, plus 3 hotels withing 1/2 mile and less than 10 mins from Memphis Airport. Todd's post earlier pretty much sums up what we had in mind. If anyone's interested we would love to make it happen!
All the nominees are great places.

But I especially like the idea of supporting someone who just jumped into the room owner business. No easy feat at any time, but especially in February 2021.

I think the answer is yes, but are 16 9' tables available here? If so, that's my vote!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I still haven't connected with Michael but he did text back yesterday that he now has 15 of the 9 footers. I am still waiting to hear if oct/Nov is a good time frame and what green fees would be and if there would be any added money and if so how much. I know we want to get something in stone asap so let me know what our submission deadline is.

If it doesn't work this time, it seems like Memphis is a no brainer since its already setup as Miller pointed out. Hoe many 9 footers do they have? Those are gold crowns! :)

I also like the idea of going back to chicago since they did win the vote last year, that is if they will still have us and that time frame works for them.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This being a nomination/general planning sort of thread, It is great to see several good ideas. For Chicago, we need someone up there to check in and confirm Chris's would still like to host and update the basic info about green fees, their current tables (lots of them!), etc. I'm still going to set up an actual poll once we get the short list firmed up. One of these years I think Mazin Shooni's room would be great -- he has 12 tables PLUS 3 or 4 top notch 3 cushion tables AND a full sized snooker table. Plenty of hotels and very nearby airport. He has just started to have a bi monthly One Pocket tournament that is getting around 24-30 local players I believe. I just missed one while I was at Buffalo's last weekend.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
8 Gold Crowns and 1 Diamond at Southhaven Rec. Great for regional tourney and never a better good time than there.

I am all in on a 16 -24 man tourney there, but for a MOT, we need more tables I think. Don't think a 32 man tournament would go.

Every MOT has finished very late with 10 or more tables. Also, Chris's, Lacy's, Bluegrass, Michael's and California Billiards have a lot of floor space

and extra tables for matching up. My .02 $ worth. Count me in whatever.

Todd, would love to do a regional at Southhaven.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
8 Gold Crowns and 1 Diamond at Southhaven Rec. Great for regional tourney and never a better good time than there.

I am all in on a 16 -24 man tourney there, but for a MOT, we need more tables I think. Don't think a 32 man tournament would go.

Every MOT has finished very late with 10 or more tables. Also, Chris's, Lacy's, Bluegrass, Michael's and California Billiards have a lot of floor space

and extra tables for matching up. My .02 $ worth. Count me in whatever.

Todd, would love to do a regional at Southhaven.
We would need four or five days to play our MOT there. Hell, the last two finished something like 4am.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I would like Chris's or buffalo's but will go where ever it is
I would wait on Buffalo's until he expands. He's too busy to give up all his nine foot tables for a tournament. And it's smoking, but the tournament room will be non smoking.