Members 2023 Special Edition of The Art of One Pocket

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I got hardcover special member’s edition book #1 yesterday, and I am very happy with the print quality!! The print quality actually is good for all three editions — they are all premium ink and premium paper 😁

The regular edition is 294 pages but both member’s (hard and soft cover) are 378 pages — the extra being all those onepocket.org member photos — almost all of them one photo per page. The photos are printing really well; as a photographer I am fussy about that, but I am very happy with the way these are printing.

The reg book and the softcover member’s are the same size — just thicker with the extra pages needed for the special edition. But the hardcover is bigger overall — more like a coffee table size. Because it is a different size it took an extra step to get re-formatted. Sorry for that delay!!

So last night I ordered the full 100 hardcover and they say 7-10 days until they get to me. Finally!!!

This is what they look like, and one of the photos from the member’s edition:IMG_5775.jpeg

IMG_5774.jpeg

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Forgot to mention — both the soft and hard cover member’s editions are limited to 100 signed and numbered, and already over 50 of the hardcovers are spoken for (meaning paid for already). So those look like they are going to disappear quickly! The softcover member’s is beautiful too though — so get yourself one or the other if you are able. I think you’ll be very happy with whatever you get!!!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve: Got my members edition. Wonderful photos! This is a great book. How long did this take to write?
Glad you like it Carla!! The book itself was actually about a 20 year project lol. It was already started back when I launched onepocket.org, in 2004 😳😳 But the website quickly took over most of the book writing time, so the book only crept along very slowly — until I semi retired last year and really focused on finishing the book.

The member’s edition was a few really intense weeks gathering and preparing the photos. I am really happy with the way the photos came out — in all three editions!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I know there are pics of him out there, but It’s different when they’re your captures.
The biggest difference is I can’t use other photographer’s photos in my book without the photographer’s permission. That’s copyright law which as a photographer I respect! Plenty of photos get used without that but since I have so many of my own, I try to limit to my own when I can.