Member Tournament 2019

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill,

What is the room like in Medford? How many tables? Close to large airport? Good food? Reasonable hotel cost? Why don't you scope it out for me. Personally, I think California Billiards is the nuts. I guess we'll have to wait another 3-4 years to have it there again.

Santa Cruz Howard
Fast Eddys

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
West Coast One Pocket.Org Tournament?

West Coast One Pocket.Org Tournament?

Ky Bill, Sounds good. I guess we'll have to take a poll to see how many of the members would play. I wouldn't want to detract from the current annual OP.Org tournament. In addition, the West Coast Swing is in July. To space it out and not conflict with other tournaments, it would need to occur in January or February.

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Ky Bill, Sounds good. I guess we'll have to take a poll to see how many of the members would play. I wouldn't want to detract from the current annual OP.Org tournament. In addition, the West Coast Swing is in July. To space it out and not conflict with other tournaments, it would need to occur in January or February.

West Coast Swing may not be in July next year. Just sayin.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
That's so depressing - played there year before last while at DCC - nice room & really friendly people there. Great place when you weren't in tournament to get some practice in without fighting for a table.

Having heard seen, felt, and closed a room myself....I understand your feelings, but have been hearing that for decades now...

It just happened a mth ago, CO pool room in Pueblo (only one) closed after being open almost 40 years.

But what I feel is really happening to the game and it's place in our society, is change. Society is Completey different now, it has to be non old school to pass this gentrification moment in time, the Ice House is a good example.

Successful pool rooms over 40 years old are worn OUT, plumbling, flooring etc, good tables tho....stand the test of time.

There's so much good right now happening in the rest of the planet and here now, that change has FINALLY come, I'm convinced of it, and never thought it would happen in my life time, I supported 3 pro tours.

But.......................

Since Matchroom Sports has committed to Mandaly Bay for many years, with the US Open now in April instead in Vegas it's a win/win for anyone that's a good business man and in the billiard industry.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Bill,

What is the room like in Medford? How many tables? Close to large airport? Good food? Reasonable hotel cost? Why don't you scope it out for me. Personally, I think California Billiards is the nuts. I guess we'll have to wait another 3-4 years to have it there again.

I believe it is called "Rack Em" ! It has about 4-7' Diamonds, 6 or 7 - 9' GC's with 1 or 2 of them being Diamonds. Has a kitchen. Use to have a 12' snooker, but believe it is gone. It is a nice place and is all about pool, no-nonsense. Tables are maintained. Not big enough for an event like Cal. B members tournament. Whitey

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Ky Bill, Sounds good. I guess we'll have to take a poll to see how many of the members would play. I wouldn't want to detract from the current annual OP.Org tournament. In addition, the West Coast Swing is in July. To space it out and not conflict with other tournaments, it would need to occur in January or February.[/QUO

I don’t think you understand Howard. It would not be as big as the normal annual event, it would be much smaller. If we got 16 players that would be amazing. Out of all the players we have, very few play in Professional tournaments so I would not worry about them. It’s for fun Howard.