Member Tournament 2019

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Although I would love to go to Cincinnati for a tournament, I think we have our three. Have the owners been contacted? I also think this is a good time to start thinking about 2020, the dates, location. Portland has several rooms that I plan to go to after my eyes get fixed. I plan on talking to one of the owners at that time. There’s really nothing in Seattle. Boise has a nice room. I wish the Memphis tournament was three/ four days. I would go to two members tournaments a year. More fun than the DCC.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Although I would love to go to Cincinnati for a tournament, I think we have our three. Have the owners been contacted? I also think this is a good time to start thinking about 2020, the dates, location. Portland has several rooms that I plan to go to after my eyes get fixed. I plan on talking to one of the owners at that time. There’s really nothing in Seattle. Boise has a nice room. I wish the Memphis tournament was three/ four days. I would go to two members tournaments a year. More fun than the DCC.
The reason we wanted it to be Saturday and Sunday only was to be more inclusive to members who can't attend a 3-4 day tournament. I'm sure there will be more than a few of us that will be there Friday night for action matches.

youngstown

Verified Member
Member Tournament 2019

The reason we wanted it to be Saturday and Sunday only was to be more inclusive to members who can't attend a 3-4 day tournament. I'm sure there will be more than a few of us that will be there Friday night for action matches.

Yeah, I’ll be there Thursday night. Come get some. ;)

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Shooters MN

Shooters MN

Paste/copy....from their website.

Roomy pool parlor with more than 60 tables, plus an arcade, TVs & a bar & grill serving pub grub.
Located in: Town & Country Square
Address: 1934 State Hwy 13, Burnsville, MN 55337
Phone: (952) 894-1100

Anyone been here? There's a major airport in MN. Diamonds and GC's at this location.

It's 19 miles south of the pool room, along the river.

I'm sure prices and hotels would be reasonable. I just checked airfares in/out r/t from Denver to MSt. Paul. As low as $61 one way non-stop.!

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Roomy pool parlor with more than 60 tables, plus an arcade, TVs & a bar & grill serving pub grub.

Anyone been here? There's a major airport in MN. Diamonds and GC's at this location.

I'm sure prices and hotels would be reasonable. I just checked airfares in/out r/t from Denver to MSt. Paul. As low as $61 one way non-stop.!

Good to see another room potentially on the ballot. This is reminding me to try to summarize what we need for information for each room proposal that is going to be on the ballot. I just searched but failed to find what has been posted in the past about this, but I know it is out there... anyway here it is again to the best of my recall.

Guidelines for poolrooms on the ballot for our annual members tournament

These are the things that would be good to know ahead of time so we can take all this into consideration when we vote to choose a location:
  1. The room owner has to be contacted and clearly be on board about hosting us
  2. The number of 9' tables and what kind they are
  3. What is available for food/beverages on site, or alternatively, what is available conveniently nearby that can be brought in
  4. Nearby major airport
  5. Nearby hotel options -- especially if there is a special arrangement discounted rate available
  6. Smoking or non-smoking
  7. Hours of operation; how early are they willing to open for us, and how late are they willing to stay open?
  8. Green fees if any, and what will our play rate be for action and friendlies outside of the tournament?
  9. Lastly, area unique local ambiance and attractions in case some of us or our spouses want to explore beyond the poolroom

What did I miss?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

These are the things that would be good to know ahead of time so we can take all this into consideration when we vote to choose a location:
  1. The room owner has to be contacted and clearly be on board about hosting us
  2. The number of 9' tables and what kind they are
  3. What is available for food/beverages on site, or alternatively, what is available conveniently nearby that can be brought in
  4. Nearby major airport
  5. Nearby hotel options -- especially if there is a special arrangement discounted rate available
  6. Smoking or non-smoking
  7. Hours of operation; how early are they willing to open for us, and how late are they willing to stay open?
  8. Green fees if any, and what will our play rate be for action and friendlies outside of the tournament?
  9. Lastly, area unique local ambiance and attractions in case some of us or our spouses want to explore beyond the poolroom

What did I miss?
This is also a good list of what you need to ask the room owner if any of you want to contact a poolroom to potentially get them on the ballot.

unoperro

Verified Member

I would so love this but I believe the east coast was promised. I know promises can be broken but 2020 in Minnesota?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

1. One of our members needs to volunteer to "sponsor" the prospective room, gather & share information between members here, and room management on site, prior to the voting. And in the event their poolroom is chosen, this member will be called upon to help with local player qualifying & vetting as necessary, and ultimately act as local liaison and concierge/host!
  2. The room owner has to be directly contacted and clearly be on board about hosting us
  3. The number of 9' tables and what kind they are
  4. What is available for food/beverages on site, or alternatively, what is available conveniently nearby that can be brought in
  5. Nearby major airport
  6. Nearby hotel options -- especially if there is a special arrangement discounted rate available
  7. Smoking or non-smoking
  8. Hours of operation; how early are they willing to open for us, and how late are they willing to stay open?
  9. Green fees if any, and what will our play rate be for action and friendlies outside of the tournament?
  10. Lastly, local area unique ambiance and attractions in case some of us or our spouses want to explore beyond the poolroom

I added the first item :D

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I would so love this but I believe the east coast was promised. I know promises can be broken but 2020 in Minnesota?

I'm just tossing out ideas and it's close to a Major Airport, many northern rooms have allot of tables due to long winters. One things for sure, prices will be waay lower than coastal cities, but the perch/walleye/crappie and all in all the food up north is great.

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
MN in 2020

MN in 2020

Seasonal conditions persists in all locations. MN sounds good, but just stay out of mosquitoes and tornado seasons.

Last edited:

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN

This is Shooter's Billiards and is about 15 minutes from my place. I approached the owner about hosting the tournament a couple of different times and he did not seem too excited about it. I can approach him again when I am there next about hosting a in the future.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Seasonal conditions persists in all locations. MN sounds good, but just stay out of mosquitoes and tornado seasons.

Howard, since you have shown such interest in OPOrg tournaments, I suggest you put together a West Coast memebers only tournament. I hear there is a nice place in Medford that would bring together enough players for a two, three day event.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
This is Shooter's Billiards and is about 15 minutes from my place. I approached the owner about hosting the tournament a couple of different times and he did not seem too excited about it. I can approach him again when I am there next about hosting a in the future.

I think twice is enough. Isn't there another Large room in the area?

baby huey

Verified Member
It might be fun to have a one nighter for One Pocket Org members at DCC. We could race to two and test out the Grady Rule or shot clock. I'll bet we could get sixteen players to sign up as there's usually that many members there.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
It might be fun to have a one nighter for One Pocket Org members at DCC. We could race to two and test out the Grady Rule or shot clock. I'll bet we could get sixteen players to sign up as there's usually that many members there.

That's awesome Jerry but the problem (up until now) has been that there are no tables available to play on. :mad:

If we are lucky we usually grab one or 2 of the action room tables and try to keep them within the membership but as far as any side tourney its next to impossible. There was another pool room close to the derby but it closed down last year or the year before I forget.

Great idea, just not sure how to make it happen!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
That's awesome Jerry but the problem (up until now) has been that there are no tables available to play on. :mad:

If we are lucky we usually grab one or 2 of the action room tables and try to keep them within the membership but as far as any side tourney its next to impossible. There was another pool room close to the derby but it closed down last year or the year before I forget.

Great idea, just not sure how to make it happen!

And the room in Louisville closed:mad:
Their tables are for sale

tdietrich1972

Verified Member
From
And the room in Louisville closed:mad:
Their tables are for sale

That's so depressing - played there year before last while at DCC - nice room & really friendly people there. Great place when you weren't in tournament to get some practice in without fighting for a table.

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Scrzbill: One Pocket.Org Tournament West Coast

Scrzbill: One Pocket.Org Tournament West Coast

Bill,

What is the room like in Medford? How many tables? Close to large airport? Good food? Reasonable hotel cost? Why don't you scope it out for me. Personally, I think California Billiards is the nuts. I guess we'll have to wait another 3-4 years to have it there again.