Louisville (long) Trip Report

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
First off - A big thank you to Kyle Ferguson, RailYard Billiards and staff. Kyle, a very friendly first rate owner, promoter and enthusiast. He also helped John and Steve
a lot running the tournament (DigitalPool). All of the staff was very friendly and attentive. All of the food was great. My wife's favorite was the grilled chicken salad.

If you are ever near Louisville, RailYard Billiards is a must to go by. They have 8 9ftrs and 22 7ftrs. All well maintained. Darts, machines and Friday night poker league.
Kyle knows how to make it all work.

All the onepocket.org members, and especially the tournament players, owe Steve Booth and John Crabb a tip of the hat.

Met RedCard (Chuck) and his wonderful wife, Kathy. Thank you, Kathy, for keeping my wife company while I was playing. She really enjoyed talking with you.
Paula had a long week with me sweating one pocket.

Always good to see Col. Bille, CincyKid (Chris Heinrich), Dustin Miller, Chicago Mike Eck, Dave Gross and all the other regulars. Met fellow Texan, Bill Dagg
(beltsanderbill), from Austin. Got to see my friend jokerly (Joe Kerley) who I hadn't seen for several years.

Good timing Mitch on missing this tourney, Rowsey was in dead stroke, You saved some money. :) Also missed our 2 Nicks. My friend Jakie (Principe)
and my Canadian relative, Nick B (Beratonos). Also, Warren asked me if Chicago Fats attended. Dan, I know you are very busy. We may have to find you another
nickname, too.

John Daminato, you helped me keep my lucky streak going in the players auction. I have now picked the winners in 5 of our MOTs.

I would like to thank 2 top local players, J.T. and Mike Brown, for helping get me in stroke before the tournament. Pressure does that.

Very nice to meet Sandy and her friend, Liz. Both very good players. Was impressed by Liz' speed control and straight shooting. Every time I saw Sandy shooting, she was making a ball one-handed - jacked up. Yes, Sandy, you got me. But, I get to use the rail.:giggle:

Finally, I feel very fortunate and blessed to be able to join ThePilot (Jim Tomassoni) as a 2 time MOT winner at age 75. That is the great thing about pool,
and especially one pocket, is that as long as you have your nerves and eyesight you can be competitive for a long time. This tourney had a very tough field.

RECAP
1st match - My friend and one of our stalwart members - Dustin Miller. Won

2nd match - Local straight shooter - Justin Tingle. He got 2nd in bank tourney to Mark Mariani. Won

3rd match - Another local straight shooter - Mike Brown. He destroyed me. On to B side.

4th match - Sacramento's Tony Lopez. Nice guy and good player. Won

5th match - Always tough, Dave Gross. Past winner in Philly. Won

6th match - Forfeit. Must have known who he was going to play.:ROFLMAO:

7th match - Arizona Jay Pettlon. Great player. Had to win 3 in a row. 3-2 Won Oh, by the way, Jay is from St Louis

Semifinal - One of Chicago's finest, John Rawski (JR). Won

Finals - St Louis's Lou Figueroa. Very straight shooter. I got a lot of lucky rolls. WON !!!!

P.S. - Thanks to one of the streams sponsors, Michelle Griffin. Took my wife to Big Bad Breakfast on Barrett. Great breakfast spot. I had to try a
Louisville Hot Brown. Not bad. About like when I tried the Cincinatti chili.

Again, thank you Kyle and RailYard Billiards. Look forward to seeing you again.

Robert "The Nuke" Newkirk

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Great write up Robert and very good to see you and Paula again! You are beyond impressive my friend and it couldn't happen to a better man. Hope to see you again soon!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Dang, that is a busy 4-5 days. I'm exhausted just reading your report lol. It was nice seeing you and Paula again, as always.

Reactions: lll

Fanatic

Verified Member
First off - A big thank you to Kyle Ferguson, RailYard Billiards and staff. Kyle, a very friendly first rate owner, promoter and enthusiast. He also helped John and Steve
a lot running the tournament (DigitalPool). All of the staff was very friendly and attentive. All of the food was great. My wife's favorite was the grilled chicken salad.

If you are ever near Louisville, RailYard Billiards is a must to go by. They have 8 9ftrs and 22 7ftrs. All well maintained. Darts, machines and Friday night poker league.

All the onepocket.org members, and especially the tournament players, owe Steve Booth and John Crabb a tip of the hat.

Met RedCard (Chuck) and his wonderful wife, Kathy. Thank you, Kathy, for keeping my wife company while I was playing. She really enjoyed talking with you.

Always good to see Col. Bille, CincyKid (Chris Heinrich), Dustin Miller, Chicago Mike Eck, Dave Gross and all the other regulars. Met fellow Texan, Bill Dagg
(beltsanderbill), from Austin. Got to see my friend jokerly (Joe Kerley) who I hadn't seen for several years.

Good timing Mitch on missing this tourney, Rowsey was in dead stroke, You saved some money. :) Also missed our 2 Nicks. My friend Jakie (Principe)
and my Canadian relative, Nick B (Beratonos). Also, Warren asked me if Chicago Fats attended. Dan, I know you are very busy. We may have to find you another
nickname, too.

John Daminato, you helped me keep my lucky streak going in the players auction. I have now picked the winners in 5 of our MOTs.

I would like to thank 2 top local players, J.T. and Mike Brown, for helping get me in stroke before the tournament. Pressure does that.

Very nice to meet Sandy and her friend, Liz. Both very good players. Was impressed by Liz' speed control and straight shooting. Every time I saw Sandy shooting, she was making a ball one-handed - jacked up. Yes, Sandy, you got me. But, I get to use the rail.:giggle:

Finally, I feel very fortunate and blessed to be able to join ThePilot (Jim Tomassoni) as a 2 time MOT winner at age 75. That is the great thing about pool,
and especially one pocket, is that as long as you have your nerves and eyesight you can be competitive for a long time. This tourney had a very tough field.

RECAP

2nd match - Local straight shooter - Justin Tingle. He got 2nd in bank tourney to Mark Mariani. Won

3rd match - Another local straight shooter - Mike Brown. He destroyed me. On to B side.

7th match - Arizona Jay Pettlon. Great player. Had to win 3 in a row. 3-2 Won Oh, by the way, Jay is from St Louis

Finals - St Louis's Lou Figueroa. Very straight shooter. I got a lot of lucky rolls. WON !!!!

P.S. - Thanks to one of the streams sponsors, Michelle Griffin. Took my wife to Big Bad Breakfast on Barrett. Great breakfast spot. I had to try a

It was great meeting you and Paula Robert…. Loved the way you played the game with such confidence!! Congratulations on your win…. You really deserved it. Hopefully we’ll meet up to play that one handed game…. I’ll let you play on the rail if you insist. I understand you need those training wheels 😜🤣
Again congratulations 🍾🎊
you made a fan of Liz and I … super impressed. Hugs to Paula, I don’t think I got to say goodbye to her
XOXO

Reactions: lll

{$Tingle$}

nickname, too.

RECAP

Great job man it was impressive to say the least ..I wish I gave you more of a challenge but it was probably my worst match all weekend ... Hopefully see you again in the future!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Great job man it was impressive to say the least ..I wish I gave you more of a challenge but it was probably my worst match all weekend ... Hopefully see you again in the future!
…like the end of May for our “mini” MOT at Buff3 the Fri and Sat of the major Buffalo’s pro 1P tournament

liz taylor

nickname, too.

RECAP

Robert "The Nuke"

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Great write up, Robert; and congrats again on the win! You are right that is a tough field and you are a monster!!!

Like our Fanatic said, I also really enjoy your style of play. Your joy in playing is obvious and infectious and what’s more, you are the person who taught me to laugh when I miss a ball. (It’s come in handy often 🤣).

Thanks for the warning on Rousey. I’ll let him know you said I need 9-7 at Buffs!

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Great write up, Robert; and congrats again on the win! You are right that is a tough field and you are a monster!!!

Like our Fanatic said, I also really enjoy your style of play. Your joy in playing is obvious and infectious and what’s more, you are the person who taught me to laugh when I miss a ball. (It’s come in handy often 🤣).

Thanks for the warning on Rousey. I’ll let him know you said I need 9-7 at Buffs!
Hey now, I don't want to queer any of Bill's action ! :ROFLMAO:

Mitch, I hate to tell you that the hot brown tastes a lot, lot better than your scrapple. I like to sample different dishes from areas of the USA.

Our friend, Nick (Jakie), introduced me to Cincinatti Chili when we attended a tournament at Michael's a couple of years ago. I can tell

that it tasted a little different, but I liked it.

Hope to see you in NOLA>

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
You must have had "chili 3-way" (or 4,5,6, etc). Delicious. I ate a ton of it when I lived there.
My dad lived in Cincinnati when I lived in Louisville. I got to try many versions of “chili”in those days. Louisville had many versions to but, being downriver, I think changed the taste. The worst was spaghetti with chili over it. NOPE.