Lacy's Cue Tournament Dec. 2-6, 2015

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Wed: Bank Pool Ring game
Thurs: One pocket race to 4 double elimination (32 man limit)
Calcutta: 7 PM
Sat: Nine Ball race to 7 double elimination (128 man limit)
Calcutta: Noon

Dates were finalized yesterday. Details to follow. Contact Frank Haines at Lacy's Cue in Chalmette for details.

(504) 682-6199

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Happy to hear about the event, Joe! It's great that you followed through and got the thing rolling.

I personally won't be able to take Thurs/Fri. off to play in the 1P, but I'll come over on the weekend to sweat a few matches-- if the 1P is still going.

The room itself is beautiful, with 17 9-footers and 17 7-foot tables, all Diamonds. I presume the 9-ball event will be on the little tables. So there will be plenty of tables for both tournament and action play.

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
Wed: Bank Pool Ring game
Thurs: One pocket race to 4 double elimination (32 man limit)
Calcutta: 7 PM
Sat: Nine Ball race to 7 double elimination (128 man limit)
Calcutta: Noon

Dates were finalized yesterday. Details to follow. Contact Frank Haines at Lacy's Cue in Chalmette for details.

(504) 682-6199
Woo hoo!

Good timing... 6 weeks before Derby, nice weather, etc.

What's the latest on proposed entry fees for the 1P? I assume it will start right after the Calcutta Thur. nite, right?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Woo hoo!

Good timing... 6 weeks before Derby, nice weather, etc.

What's the latest on proposed entry fees for the 1P? I assume it will start right after the Calcutta Thur. nite, right?
Only $300 for the One Pocket and $40 for the bar table nine ball. The owner wants the players to be able to fund themselves instead of having to rely on a stake horse for the entry. I already have $4,000 added for the 1 Pocket and expect to get more commitments to make it a nice tournament, but as you all know, the Calcutta makes the tournament special. We had nearly a $50,000 Calcutta in May and this tournament will have twice the players. With this much time to plan in advance, we believe it will be a very nice time for those of us that love the game. Play begins on Thursday night right after the Calcutta. We will be able to play 16 matches at a time, which allows us to have a larger field.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Only $300 for the One Pocket and $40 for the bar table nine ball. The owner wants the players to be able to fund themselves instead of having to rely on a stake horse for the entry. I already have $4,000 added for the 1 Pocket and expect to get more commitments to make it a nice tournament, but as you all know, the Calcutta makes the tournament special. We had nearly a $50,000 Calcutta in May and this tournament will have twice the players. With this much time to plan in advance, we believe it will be a very nice time for those of us that love the game. Play begins on Thursday night right after the Calcutta. We will be able to play 16 matches at a time, which allows us to have a larger field.
Sweet.

I can't wait.