John Henderson's Challenge to The Ghost

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sorry, Tony never made the cut.

Beard

Weenie Beenie, is not spelled Weenie BeAnie. You would think his old pal the Claim Jumper would know that. He should also know that that noted "Gentleman Pool Hustler," Beenie, used to travel the college campus circuit with a "juiced-up" Keno board that he would put on a pool table, and whack out the 18-21yrs old at $3 a pop.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Vegas Lenny; I'm not sure about all the people that are included in Freddie's book. I just know who definitely is NOT!

I hope I've answered your burning questions to your satisfaction, I here to help as much as I can!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"[SIZE]

I here to help too Lenny (there he goes, trying to form words again !)... If he only knew, how much pain and rejection,
his [sic] words cause me !..If I'm NOT in F..d's book, I may "suicide bomb" all 3 of us :frus ..The only satisfaction I get, is knowing how far below Annigoni he is, in the SS ranking's..(is he dead last F..d ?).:rolleyes:..He actually makes Tony look like a 'prince of a guy' !..
:eek:

PS..I just hope he gets his publishing problem's solved...I too, am anxious to recieve my 'pre-paid' copy of "Shots, Moves and Stategie's of Position Play in 3 Cushion Billiard's" (or whatever its called ?)..I sure hope Eddie Robin isn't suing him for "title theft" !
He does not have a lot of ORIGINAL thoughts, ya know !..:cool:

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I am also helping get a handicapped one pocket league off the ground in Northern California. We have around 60 players playing out of three of the larger rooms here and are going into our 10th week of competition out of a 22 week season. You can check out the website at: californiacuesports.com

John, the 1P league sounds great! I looked at the website, but couldn't find anything about how the handicapping works. Is it A-B-C-D, or something more complicated? Is Gene Miller helping out as well?

Cheers~ Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John, the 1P league sounds great! I looked at the website, but couldn't find anything about how the handicapping works. Is it A-B-C-D, or something more complicated? Is Gene Miller helping out as well?

Cheers~ Doc

Doc, a panel who knows the players, establishes the starting handicap number.

There is a scoresheet for each match played that records ball count and win/loss in a race to three. The sheets go to the computer guy and the handicaps are updated weekly depending on the performance of each player.

As I understand it, the handicap program is an offshoot from a straight pool program that Bob Jewett had something to do with.

Gene has nothing to do with our program. He is still running tournaments at a few locations in San Francisco and promoting his NPL handicap tournaments.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I here to help too Lenny (there he goes, trying to form words again !)... If he only knew, how much pain and rejection,
his [sic] words cause me !..If I'm NOT in F..d's book, I may "suicide bomb" all 3 of us :frus ..The only satisfaction I get, is knowing how far below Annigoni he is, in the SS ranking's..(is he dead last F..d ?).:rolleyes:..He actually makes Tony look like a 'prince of a guy' !..
:eek:

PS..I just hope he gets his publishing problem's solved...I too, am anxious to recieve my 'pre-paid' copy of "Shots, Moves and Stategie's of Position Play in 3 Cushion Billiard's" (or whatever its called ?)..I sure hope Eddie Robin isn't suing him for "title theft" !
He does not have a lot of ORIGINAL thoughts, ya know !..:cool:

Annigonis name has been removed from the list. If John tells me when he is going to Chicago, I might go with him and stream the beating ghost will get, plus pick up a couple of grand.:heh

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
As much as I hate the stall, I have to put it off again.

as far as the $$ goes, (More for the Ghost when I finally get there)

I will do everything I can to make a trip back as soon as possible, but April is out of the question. Hold on to that $$ a little longer, that lemon I laid down four years ago is finally going to pay off..:D

Ok Johnny...I'll tell all the waiting side-betters and railbirds to hold on a little while longer - hopefully May or June - cuz I don't know how long I can hold out against Riva - she wants me to take your 3k winnings out of that account and use it for us to take a vacation to the Caribbean in June...:eek:...:heh

- Go-off Ghosty

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Not all true

Not all true

Weenie Beenie, is not spelled Weenie BeAnie. You would think his old pal the Claim Jumper would know that. He should also know that that noted "Gentleman Pool Hustler," Beenie, used to travel the college campus circuit with a "juiced-up" Keno board that he would put on a pool table, and whack out the 18-21yrs old at $3 a pop.

Bill told me himself, in Myrtle Beach that he spells it "Beanie" as much as "Beenie" but prefers the "A" spelling. Surely you don't think I would mis-spell my best friend's name in my book.
Keep it debatable. Alfie

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Bill told me himself, in Myrtle Beach that he spells it "Beanie" as much as "Beenie" but prefers the "A" spelling. Surely you don't think I would mis-spell my best friend's name in my book.
Keep it debatable. Alfie

I think most people would go by how he spelled the name of his hot dog stands.

Which was Weenie Beenie.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think most people would go by how he spelled the name of his hot dog stands.

Which was Weenie Beenie.
The story Beenie himself told me was that his brother (who was in with him on the first hotdog stand) had the name printed or sign made (or name registered or whatever happened first) as "Beenie", not "Beanie". Bill was annoyed but they decided to go ahead and leave it because it wasn't worth it to fix it -- that's how the stands got the name, which later became his nickname -- but at the time they started the first stand Bill was not a pool player at all.

Interview is here:
http://www.onepocket.org/StatonInterview.htm

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Dear forum brothers...please stop hijacking my very important thread re. my impending 3k match with John, to talk about Weenie fukking Beenie for the umpteenth time, or any other unrelated people/topics - there's a jillion other threads for y'all where these topics are already in place...:rolleyes:

Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation, Gh:cool:st

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Back on topic...

Back on topic...

As much as I hate the stall, I have to put it off again.

as far as the $$ goes, (More for the Ghost when I finally get there)

I will do everything I can to make a trip back as soon as possible, but April is out of the question. Hold on to that $$ a little longer, that lemon I laid down four years ago is finally going to pay off..:D

Ok Johnny...I'll tell all the waiting side-betters and railbirds to hold on a little while longer - hopefully May or June - cuz I don't know how long I can hold out against Riva - she wants me to take your 3k winnings out of that account and use it for us to take a vacation to the Caribbean in June...:eek:...:heh

- Go-off Ghosty

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
The story Beenie himself told me was that his brother (who was in with him on the first hotdog stand) had the name printed or sign made (or name registered or whatever happened first) as "Beenie", not "Beanie". Bill was annoyed but they decided to go ahead and leave it because it wasn't worth it to fix it -- that's how the stands got the name, which later became his nickname -- but at the time they started the first stand Bill was not a pool player at all.

Interview is here:
http://www.onepocket.org/StatonInterview.htm

There is nothing in the interview that says that Steve.

Since this is the internet and you can't put anything on the internet unless it's true (heard that on the internet) you can get a mulligan in this spot. :eek:

Wait!!!!

But on the internet it says its Weenie Beenie so that must be true. :rolleyes:

God I'm sooooo confused. :confused: :frus :confused:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Dear forum brothers...please stop hijacking my very important thread re. my impending 3k match with John, to talk about Weenie fukking Beenie for the umpteenth time, or any other unrelated people/topics - there's a jillion other threads for y'all where these topics are already in place...:rolleyes:

Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation, Gh:cool:st

Ohhhh Stop!!!!!

He aint coming out there....and he aint gonna play you.

Go on the damn vacation. :)

ulikastr8pool

Well-Known-Member
From
NYC

- Go-off Ghosty

Why don't you guys just go vacation in Cali and play John while you're there? Heard it's lovely there this time of year. :D