Information about Eddie Chris McGeahan

Don Smith

Verified Member
I saw Chris play a few times at Stardust Bowl in Hammond Indiana, about 40 years ago. Locals called him "The Old Man From Gary" Onetime he played Brooklyn Charley straight pool to 150. Brooklyn Charley was ahead 68 to minus 3. Chris won the game 150 to 65. I have seen Chris mentioned a few times on the internet, but only briefly. Does anyone have any information or stories about him. How good was he? I don't know if he played one pocket.

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Don Smith said:
I saw Chris play a few times at Stardust Bowl in Hammond Indiana, about 40 years ago. Locals called him "The Old Man From Gary" Onetime he played Brooklyn Charley straight pool to 150. Brooklyn Charley was ahead 68 to minus 3. Chris won the game 150 to 65. I have seen Chris mentioned a few times on the internet, but only briefly. Does anyone have any information or stories about him. How good was he? I don't know if he played one pocket.
Chris Mageean was a great all aroun player and he played great one pocket. And he was a great one handed player. And you are correct he came to hammond Indiana and that use to be a great action spot were all the hustlers and players came after houers. THe were open all night. And the had a big bowling alley. Chris played bugs in hammond one pocket I dont remember who won because if I didnt have a bet on the game it did not mater to me who one. But as far as a great player Chris Megeean played all the games champion calaber. And he played in Johson City tournaments. He use to play Jerry Briseth in Milwakie at the Antlears Hotel the played nine ball 20 dollares a game I dont no who won. Jerry Briseth was playing real good nineball at the time and he played good straight pool too. His one pocket game was not to much. But chriss Mageean played good one pocket. And Chriss Mageean never got the recignition he desirved. He was like the lonesme dove. Put he also hustled pool. He wanant just a tournament player. Chris Mageean was great. And I will allways remember him.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Chris Mageean was a great all aroun player and he played great one pocket. And he was a great one handed player. And you are correct he came to hammond Indiana and that use to be a great action spot were all the hustlers and players came after houers. THe were open all night. And the had a big bowling alley. Chris played bugs in hammond one pocket I dont remember who won because if I didnt have a bet on the game it did not mater to me who one. But as far as a great player Chris Megeean played all the games champion calaber. And he played in Johson City tournaments. He use to play Jerry Briseth in Milwakie at the Antlears Hotel the played nine ball 20 dollares a game I dont no who won. Jerry Briseth was playing real good nineball at the time and he played good straight pool too. His one pocket game was not to much. But chriss Mageean played good one pocket. And Chriss Mageean never got the recignition he desirved. He was like the lonesme dove. Put he also hustled pool. He wanant just a tournament player. Chris Mageean was great. And I will allways remember him.
I think that Jerry Briseth gives pool lessions too. He is supose to be a pretty good teacher. BUt I realy dont no because I cant say unless I see what he is teaching. But what I her he is suppose to be good. Chriss Megeean didnt have any week games. And he was a winner.