Important - Forum has had a major update applied to it

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Greg, sorry for the non-specific comment on the other thread. I'll elaborate here. What happened was something that has also happened before the big update and may be my fault. I had started a post and somehow lost it and had to start over. I've learned that if you're going to post a long one, you should do it in Word first and then copy/paste it to the forum, but this was aonly a couple of sentences. That's all. Also, I viewed a thread that had a WEI diagram and my computer started going into a Shockwave Update routine and I just got out of there because of stories of lockup from Larry and others.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Greg, sorry for the non-specific comment on the other thread. I'll elaborate here. What happened was something that has also happened before the big update and may be my fault. I had started a post and somehow lost it and had to start over. I've learned that if you're going to post a long one, you should do it in Word first and then copy/paste it to the forum, but this was aonly a couple of sentences. That's all. Also, I viewed a thread that had a WEI diagram and my computer started going into a Shockwave Update routine and I just got out of there because of stories of lockup from Larry and others.

I agree, if you're going to do a long post, it is best to copy and paste it every once in a while. I will do the post in the forum and then every couple of paragraphs will just highlight everything and copy and paste it into notepad. I think the fact you lost your post is unrelated to the upgrade.

As far as the WEI table issues, those issues lie with the creator of the WEI table. There is nothing any of us can do about that, except wait for him to fix whatever he broke when he was dinking around with it:)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Greg,

The only problem I've encountered since the upgrade is sometimes when I log in with my username & password, when I click on log-in I'm not logged in and have to repeat the process. No big deal but it does keep happening.

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Greg,

The only problem I've encountered since the upgrade is sometimes when I log in with my username & password, when I click on log-in I'm not logged in and have to repeat the process. No big deal but it does keep happening.

Dennis

Switch to Firefox ! You''l like it.
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Greg,

Dennis

dennis when that happened to me if i closed onepocket.org
then reopened it i was logged on and havent had to re log in since:)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Switch to Firefox ! You''l like it.
Rod.

I was using firefox some months ago Rod and then I got a virus and did a "system restore" to a much earlier date and I've forgotten about firefox. Maybe I'll use it again but I'm so dense with the computer I screw up everything I do on it.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
The multiquote allows you to quote .... well.... multiple quote's:lol

What you do, is you go to whatever posts you want to include in your multiple quote and click the multiquote icon, you can see it turns a bit reddish then. You just go to however many posts you want to quote and keep clicking the multiquote icon.. if you mess up, just click it again and it unselects it.. you'll see the reddish color go away.

When you're all done, then click quote to the post you want to be the main one you're replying to, and it will copy all those other posts in there too.

Now obviously some common sense should be used here.. when you click the muliquote icon, it selects the whole post that person made..maybe you only need a few sentences of it, so just let it paste all those in there, then just go thru each post and delete anything you don't need. Keeping in mind to be careful so you don't delete the QUOTE and brackets at the beginning and end of them, so they "quote" them properly.

HOpe that help!!!!

You can see I used it here in this post. I just went to 4 or 5 posts and clicked the multiquote icon, then hit the quote to your post and it pasted all the other ones in there. Cool , huh????

Greg, I've got a question for you, what is the "multi-quote" function used for? I want to use all available horsepower.

View attachment 4112

I agree, if you're going to do a long post, it is best to copy and paste it every once in a while. I will do the post in the forum and then every couple of paragraphs will just highlight everything and copy and paste it into notepad. I think the fact you lost your post is unrelated to the upgrade.

As far as the WEI table issues, those issues lie with the creator of the WEI table. There is nothing any of us can do about that, except wait for him to fix whatever he broke when he was dinking around with it:)

Greg,

Dennis

dennis when that happened to me if i closed onepocket.org
then reopened it i was logged on and havent had to re log in since:)

I was using firefox some months ago Rod and then I got a virus and did a "system restore" to a much earlier date and I've forgotten about firefox. Maybe I'll use it again but I'm so dense with the computer I screw up everything I do on it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The multiquote allows you to quote .... well.... multiple quote's:lol

What you do, is you go to whatever posts you want to include in your multiple quote and click the multiquote icon, you can see it turns a bit reddish then. You just go to however many posts you want to quote and keep clicking the multiquote icon.. if you mess up, just click it again and it unselects it.. you'll see the reddish color go away.

When you're all done, then click quote to the post you want to be the main one you're replying to, and it will copy all those other posts in there too.

Now obviously some common sense should be used here.. when you click the muliquote icon, it selects the whole post that person made..maybe you only need a few sentences of it, so just let it paste all those in there, then just go thru each post and delete anything you don't need. Keeping in mind to be careful so you don't delete the QUOTE and brackets at the beginning and end of them, so they "quote" them properly.

HOpe that help!!!!

You can see I used it here in this post. I just went to 4 or 5 posts and clicked the multiquote icon, then hit the quote to your post and it pasted all the other ones in there. Cool , huh????

Greg
that is REALLY COOL:):)
ive been wondering how to do that for a long time and now you have made it user friendly
thanks

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Pleas post any issues or problems, or anything out of the ordinary that you see, so I can track it down and find a solution. Please describe with as much detail as possible to it's easier to duplicate the issue.

Over the next few weeks, Steve will be looking at any new features that we can implement, but we will need to do testing on everything before it's rolled out. There is actually a even bigger major revision of the software, a completely new look with a ton of new features in version 4. That rollout will come in the future too, but wanted to get this version completely free of any bugs or issues, before getting into that one:)

I will start a new thread, maybe a sticky of any new features and stuff, so everyone is aware of them, as we release them. Having them in one place would be a good idea I think.

I'm excited, there's going to be some really cool stuff available to us now, to make our forum life more exciting!!! Yippee!!! hehe.. lamer alert, lamer alert.

Thanks guys !!!

Greg (Your resident IT dude) <--- how many IT dudes/or geeks do you know that love the game of onepocket?

I sign in and it looks likes every thing cycles through, but then I'm still not logged in. I refresh the page and then I'm logged in.

Lou Figueroa

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I sign in and it looks likes every thing cycles through, but then I'm still not logged in. I refresh the page and then I'm logged in.

Lou Figueroa

I noticed that a few times myself, but it was as simple as just hitting refresh and it picked it up. Very minor issue, but one I will address in the very near future. I would think it has something to do with the cookie. I would be curious if someone would clear their cookies (you don't have to clear them all, you can pick out the onepocket one) and then let the forum lay down a fresh cookie and see what happens. It's intermittent for me, so it makes it tougher to deal with.

Onepocket.org now has a newer version of the forum software, then AZB:heh They're on 3.8.1 and we're on 3.8.7

EDIT: I also wanted to remind everyone.. I need to know any issues, even small ones and I need to hear from as many people as possible. So if you see a issue on here and you're having it too, please tell me. I need to get a idea of the scope of people that are affected by it. So like Lou, even though it was a minor inconvienece and he quickly figured out all he needed to do was refresh, it's helpful to know how many people it's affecting and how often it happens. Thanks much to all that have replied with their issues.

All in all, we are doing great for a update of this size.. we're talking about 5 years of updates and we're still rocking and rolling right along like nothing ever happened.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I noticed that a few times myself, but it was as simple as just hitting refresh and it picked it up. Very minor issue, but one I will address in the very near future. I would think it has something to do with the cookie. I would be curious if someone would clear their cookies (you don't have to clear them all, you can pick out the onepocket one) and then let the forum lay down a fresh cookie and see what happens. It's intermittent for me, so it makes it tougher to deal with.

Onepocket.org now has a newer version of the forum software, then AZB:heh They're on 3.8.1 and we're on 3.8.7

EDIT: I also wanted to remind everyone.. I need to know any issues, even small ones and I need to hear from as many people as possible. So if you see a issue on here and you're having it too, please tell me. I need to get a idea of the scope of people that are affected by it. So like Lou, even though it was a minor inconvienece and he quickly figured out all he needed to do was refresh, it's helpful to know how many people it's affecting and how often it happens. Thanks much to all that have replied with their issues.

All in all, we are doing great for a update of this size.. we're talking about 5 years of updates and we're still rocking and rolling right along like nothing ever happened.
Is there a "sheepish" emoticon? Five years! that's how long I neglected the software update :eek:

Greg, I cannot thank you enough!