Ike??

u12armresl

Verified Member
May be inaccurate information, but someone down here said Ike opened up a room.

My first choice will always be Red Shoes, but after getting my brains beat in there, I would like to help support pool if I can.

Any ideas if that's true?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I doubt that he'd have the capital to open a room. But if he did, I'd be glad to hear it. But perhaps he's agreed to be houseman somewhere, or be partners. He's signed up for the New Orleans shootout, so I'll ask him about it then.

~Doc

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Doc; I don't understand how you can 'pre-assume' that Ike wouldn't have the resources to open His own pool room! It's like implying that Ike's a 'broke!' 'I' would assume, the ONLY people that REALLY know what Ike's financial status is, Himself and immediate family!

I just think it's VERY pretentious of you, to make that statement and assumption! JMO!

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Ike Runnels was posting on Facebook about getting staked and said this just the other day...

"I've always done very good n 1pkt tournaments an gambling but backers n my area aren't very kool. An I booked all winners at home. They dont take care of the players. When gambling I got guys who side bet my opponent more than I'm betting, and will not even donate a penny on your table time. Definitely no snap. Lol I just play pool in Chicago not from there."

"These guys want outrageous spots for $10. They wanna beat me an learn. Lol. Guy wants 2 or 3 hit & pic for $10. Then I said if u want to gamble bet more. They decline!"

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Ike Runnels was posting on Facebook about getting staked and said this just the other day...

"I've always done very good n 1pkt tournaments an gambling but backers n my area aren't very kool. An I booked all winners at home. They dont take care of the players. When gambling I got guys who side bet my opponent more than I'm betting, and will not even donate a penny on your table time. Definitely no snap. Lol I just play pool in Chicago not from there."

"These guys want outrageous spots for $10. They wanna beat me an learn. Lol. Guy wants 2 or 3 hit & pic for $10. Then I said if u want to gamble bet more. They decline!"

Can you post the link to the Facebook page you found this post by Ike?

u12armresl

Verified Member
This thread was really hijacked, does anyone know if he really did open up a room?

I've always enjoyed talking with Ike, and didn't know until recently that he is an incredibly healthy eater. Thanks for that John :) Although Pratico should buy your slutty joes instead of bringing in his own meals LOL.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
This thread was really hijacked, does anyone know if he really did open up a room?

I've always enjoyed talking with Ike, and didn't know until recently that he is an incredibly healthy eater. Thanks for that John :) Although Pratico should buy your slutty joes instead of bringing in his own meals LOL.

On a 2013 DCC match, the commentators discussed his poolroom/barbershop. I have not personally seen it, but Accu-Stats commentary is good enough for me.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
We have several members who either live in the Chicago area, or have connections there (e.g. Ghost, Bill S., ChicagoMike, PJ, etc.). Surely one of the guys would know about Ike's establishment. Is it a secret?:D

~Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Ike Runnels was posting on Facebook about getting staked and said this...

"I've always done very good n 1pkt tournaments an gambling but backers n my area aren't very kool. An I booked all winners at home. They dont take care of the players. When gambling I got guys who side bet my opponent more than I'm betting, and will not even donate a penny on your table time. Definitely no snap. Lol I just play pool in Chicago not from there"

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
We have several members who either live in the Chicago area, or have connections there (e.g. Ghost, Bill S., ChicagoMike, PJ, etc.). Surely one of the guys would know about Ike's establishment. Is it a secret?:D

~Doc

I've been I Florida for the last 11 years, although, I do speak with Buddy the Owner of Chris's once a week. I'll ask Him today.

Just got off the phone with Buddy, to His knowledge, Ike doesn't own a pool room!

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Verified Member
Ike and his pool hall

Ike and his pool hall

I saw Ike at Red Shoes Wednesday. He's talking about opening up a pool hall in Kankakee, but nothing yet.