2008 Derby City One Pocket Champion

Corey Deuel: DOB 11-20-77 Age: 41
2013 Derby City Classic One Pocket Champion
2018 Derby City Banks Champion

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
My vote would be for Dejango. Obviously, Alex will be inducted but what’s the rush, his list of accomplishments will only continue to grow.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
Not to disparage any of the others but since it is widely felt that alex is the best onepocket player on the planet it is hard for my not to feel it should be recognized as soon as he is eligible, if for no other reason to show him the recognition for the work and effort he has put into this game

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
My vote would be for Dejango. Obviously, Alex will be inducted but what’s the rush, his list of accomplishments will only continue to grow.

It turns out that the BCA Hall of Fame just announced their inductees for this year -- and Alex is the player they are inducting!

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I think bustamante is one of my all time favorite players and people to be around so would be super happy to see him in the hof. Though I still believe that the level of talent and integrity that alex has brought to the game should be recognized as soon as possible to recognize that he is a true champion and great representative of our sport!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I think bustamante is one of my all time favorite players and people to be around so would be super happy to see him in the hof. Though I still believe that the level of talent and integrity that alex has brought to the game should be recognized as soon as possible to recognize that he is a true champion and great representative of our sport!

I'm stickin' with Busty, but everything you say is true. Alex is and has been great for the game.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Pardon Me! But how can you put these kids, (Busty / Alex), ahead of Johnny Ervolino? Answer me that!!!!. He is the only two time winner of the US OPEN ONE POCKET in '71 & '73. Plus known to hustle One Pocket!

Replies & counter replies very welcomed!!! Back up your choice over mine if you can!

Johnny learned from Lineen, as did Jersey Red & Liscotti, and they in turn passed it on. Keith (Squirrel) Thompson is a recipient, & winner of Johnston City, he studied under Jersey Red. This is our 'heritage', An American One Pocket Heritage, & we Americans created this game, and why are you guys ignoring our American Heritage of this game, and the great players that made this game famous!!! These kids will have their do, but lets take care of past American greats first! Whitey

Here! Here!

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It's a little odd talking about our HOF in July, when the topic doesn't usually get raised until wintertime, at which time we'll rehash all of this again.

Joe must have had a slow day at work...;)

~Doc

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Francisco Bustamante: DOB 12-29-63 Age: 55
2018 Derby City One Pocket Champion
2019 Derby City One Pocket Champion
2013 Derby City Banks Champion
2017 Derby City Banks Champion

Somehow I didn't realize that Busty took the last 2 Derby City's back to back.
It's a crime that he's not in the HOF already.

baby huey

Verified Member
We tend to pick players for the One Pocket HOF induction from the top players of yesterday and today. Last year I recommended Eddie Robbins for his written contributions via his book and I would like to re-nominate him again. Don't forget we have a member who should also be considered AKA Tom Wirth. In all sports we have inductions for great players but we also induct persons for their contributions to the sport. IMO Johnny Ervilino did not reach the playing skill to win this nomination. He certainly was a good player but I did not think he reached the greatness to receive this nomination.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I think we should induct Bustamante AND Alex at the same time. They are great friends, roommates and road partners. We might have a pretty good turnout for that HOF ceremony.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
having busty and alex go at the same time would make for an unbelievable diner, might need a bigger space for it though