Hear ye, Hear ye: One-Pocket Action Tonight

JAM

Verified Member
There's a good one-pocket action match happening tonight for a nice chunkie between two veterans of the game. One hasn't been in action in a long while.

I can't say where or who, but you heard it here first! :D

After the dust settles, I'll provide the details. :p

JAM

Verified Member
Okay, I'll give a clue. One of the players, his first name begins with "K." :D

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Match

Match

Good Luck, Keith. Where ? I hope it happens at Top Hat. Jam your the BEST.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hear ye, Hear ye: One-Pocket Action Tonight

Action: good to hear.

Big action: great to hear.

A player coming out if retirement: fantastic.

K in big action: priceless :) :)

JAM

Verified Member
Great to hear! Best of luck to that skinny little bugger.

Beard

I must admit that I was deliberately deceptive in my description of the match, just trying to be playful, I guess. :eek:

The veteran's name that begins with a "K" is Kim Davenport.

He played against Ronnie Wiseman, an 8-ahead set for 15 large. Ronnie came out on top.

Rumor mill has it they may dance again tonight, but that's still up in the air. :cool:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I must admit that I was deliberately deceptive in my description of the match, just trying to be playful, I guess. :eek:

The veteran's name that begins with a "K" is Kim Davenport.

He played against Ronnie Wiseman, an 8-ahead set for 15 large. Ronnie came out on top.

Rumor mill has it they may dance again tonight, but that's still up in the air. :cool:

At a big tournament in St Charles IL, years ago, Kim tried to make a game with me. He offered me the 5 ball playing Nine ball but wanted 8 to 7 playing banks or 9 to 8 playing one pocket!

Beard

Disappointed it wasnt the other K-name.

JAM

Verified Member
At a big tournament in St Charles IL, years ago, Kim tried to make a game with me. He offered me the 5 ball playing Nine ball but wanted 8 to 7 playing banks or 9 to 8 playing one pocket!

Beard

Disappointed it wasnt the other K-name.

It will be interesting to see if they play again. I think it didn't take long for the 8-ahead to happen, maybe 6 hours, but that is subject to check. Ronnie is a slow player, and so is Kim.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Wow, Jennie. 8-ahead 1P could turn out to be a helluva grind, especially for veteran players. Perhaps Wiseman was able to dominate. He was definitely in stroke at Tunica, of course since he plays continuously, I'm sure that he STAYS in stroke.

Davenport was mostly known as a 9-baller, although I'm sure he's played all games. Do you know if they played even?

Best~ Doc

JAM

Verified Member
Wow, Jennie. 8-ahead 1P could turn out to be a helluva grind, especially for veteran players. Perhaps Wiseman was able to dominate. He was definitely in stroke at Tunica, of course since he plays continuously, I'm sure that he STAYS in stroke.

Davenport was mostly known as a 9-baller, although I'm sure he's played all games. Do you know if they played even?

Best~ Doc

Hi, Doc! Yes, it was even steven, no weight. :)

JAM

Verified Member
Just got the smut.

Kim won the first two games. Everybody was clapping and cheering for him, stomping their feet. Oo-ha-ha, oo-ha-ha.

Ronnie win the next two games. He started clapping for himself. :D

They each won one apiece, so they're still even.

Ronnie proceeded to win three in a row. Silenced the crowd a little bit.

Kim win one game. Ronnie win six in a row. Tic, tac, toe.

Ronnie said Kim was looking for an oxygen mask. :eek:

JAM

Verified Member
Michael Coltrain was there to see the action. He asked Ronnie for a little piece of the action before the set began, just a couple beans, though. Johnny Archer was also present.

I don't think there will be another game. All Ronnie can win is one set now. I think Ronnie has been around long enough to realize he ain't going to turn a winner into a loser for one set.

But I'm sure if they agreed to put up two sets that Ronnie would give up some weight, standing on his head, but if he can only win one set, I kind of doubt there will be any further action.

But who knows!? ;)

JAM

Verified Member
Yeah, he still currently lives in Big Sleazy.;) My guess is that he's hooked up with a honey-- who has a job!:D

I don't know where the Wiseman/Davenport match-up took place though.

Doc

It took place at Johnny and Kim's pool room in Marietta, GA. :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It took place at Johnny and Kim's pool room in Marietta, GA. :)

Home of Life University, initially a chiropractic college, now branched into other health sciences. I hear that the locals pronounce their city, "May-RETTA". Must have a good poolroom, too.

Doc