game ball

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
How do you play this shot? Fire it or rollit?[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ACHh4BfLQ3CdgF4DfDE4Ednv4FcyA3Gdny3HeVC3IdOp1PBJW@[/CUETABLE]

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
blackeee said:
How do you play this shot? Fire it or rollit?[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ACHh4BfLQ3CdgF4DfDE4Ednv4FcyA3Gdny3HeVC3IdOp1PBJW@[/CUETABLE]

Depends on how I'm shooting..

If I'm hitting them well, I'll shoot however I feel comfortable making it.. probably a solid/firm hit.

If at all questionable.. roll it to leave the CB near/on a rail and the ball in/near the pocket.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
blackeee said:
I wouldn't fire it or roll it, I'd hit it with a moderate stroke. I wouldn't worry about being safe on this shot if I missed it, I'd be happy to have a shot at the game.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Roll it...

Roll it...

Roll it in pocket speed. Cue ball down to short rail. Leaving maximum distance and the minimum of a return shot. Make it you win. Miss it, you get more chances to make it. Everything to gain, very little to lose.

Beard

The number of bank pool players in Chicago that would hit this shot with speed wouldnt fit on a motorcycle.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I'm with the Beard on this.Pocket speed since It's laying so good and easy.
No chance of scratching. I'm thinking the same thing.It's like I'm getting at least 2 chances If I roll It down there. At worse you should hang It up. If I do he will have to shoot It In and spot It.And now I've got another shot at It.

Now If there was any cahnce that I would have to avoid a scratch,I might go ahead and shoot with a good firm speed. But with this shot,That's not the case. John B.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
John Brumback said:
I'm with the Beard on this.Pocket speed since It's laying so good and easy.
No chance of scratching. I'm thinking the same thing.It's like I'm getting at least 2 chances If I roll It down there. At worse you should hang It up. If I do he will have to shoot It In and spot It.And now I've got another shot at It.

Now If there was any cahnce that I would have to avoid a scratch,I might go ahead and shoot with a good firm speed. But with this shot,That's not the case. John B.
Interesting. The two best bankers on the forum agree with me.:)

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
...my motto....

...my motto....

...case bank...always "fire it in"....and that probably explains why my opponent either laughs or cry's when I shoot "casey"....:eek:....glad I'm not in Chicago with Freddy.....lol...I have a big azz....don't think I'd fit on that motorcycle...

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
All depends on what's important

All depends on what's important

onepocket926 said:
...case bank...always "fire it in"....and that probably explains why my opponent either laughs or cry's when I shoot "casey"....:eek:....glad I'm not in Chicago with Freddy.....lol...I have a big azz....don't think I'd fit on that motorcycle...

...Do you want to have fun, or maybe always be comfortable, or do you want to win? It is unfortunate that the path to winning usually involves, effort, discomfort, patience, and having to shoot non glorious shots.

Beard

Ask Chris Macdonald how that wide open California style 1pkt worked out for him the last time he and I played.

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
...fun????....

...fun????....

...if it ain't fun....I don't wanna do it......I think I get more out of winning while having fun than winning....while working at it....if it was all about the win...or the money...the smartest thing would be to get a job.....been there....done that....to me...I think I wanna be able to say....I did it....just because I could......not the glory....and I'm not saying that's for everyone....but at my age it'll do....lol...haven't seen Chris in a few years.....but next time I do......I'll ask him if it feels any better to have you beat him...or me.....lol...and maybe someday we'll meet and match up...(hopefully there will be a ....bumper pool table...so I wont have to see so far).....

Last edited: