Frost/Reyes write-up

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nice write-up on the Frost/Reyes contest, Steve. If that last picture in the quartet were in black & white, it would pass for one that might have come right out of "The Hustler". Rixx has some very fine photos in his gallery. I am surprised that there wasn't more dough put up. With all the sponsors, and those big name players, $2500 seems pretty paltry.

Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
By the way, the "live" feeds for this match are still up and available to watch. I watched a couple more racks last night and could see a little more of why Efren lost. during the racks I watched, at least twice he inexplicably played either a bad shot or a very ineffective safety when Scott put him in a position late in the game, with most balls up table, but Scott got a ball or two relatively near his pocket (but not hanging or anything), and left Efren snookered on those balls. With his cue ball control there were a dozen kicks or similar outs he could have taken advantage of to escape -- many of which wouldn't have even cost him an intentional foul. Instead he tried crazy stuff. It definitely looked like Scott "wanted" this match a lot more than Efren did...

Oh, here's the link:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eclipsepool