frmn at the us open

frmn

Verified Member
I want to say thanks to Mark Griffin and his staff at Grif's for putting on the US Open Banks and Onepocket. Mary Kaufman as the tournament director did a great job. The tables played true from one to the other. I actually heard from a local customer complain that they recovered to often. You can't please everyone.

There has been a lot of commentary tainting these US Opens due to the absence of the players at the Scotty Townsend. Believe me there were plenty of great players at Grif's. Many local Las Vegans stepped up and showed a lot of talent along with several players from Phoenix and Seattle.Thanks to the pros that played and Dee Adkins for representing Ohio.

Saw Many onepocket.org players Bernie P,SCBill, Col Billie,Wayne and Nick B.Nick was very impressive in the 2 matches I watched him play againstShane and Warren. He had them scratching their heads and saying "who is this guy playing so good against me".

Next year I hope the tournament is bigger and better. If you love our game make the commitment to not only attend but play in the 2019 US Open Banks and Onepocket. Show the world how onepocket is played in your town.

Thanks FRMN

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
caught part of your match friday evening. thought you played very strong. also appreciated the way you dressed for a premier event. (if i would've been there, would have bought you a couple coors lights.....)
:)

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
I want to say thanks to Mark Griffin and his staff at Grif's for putting on the US Open Banks and Onepocket. Mary Kaufman as the tournament director did a great job. The tables played true from one to the other. I actually heard from a local customer complain that they recovered to often. You can't please everyone.

There has been a lot of commentary tainting these US Opens due to the absence of the players at the Scotty Townsend. Believe me there were plenty of great players at Grif's. Many local Las Vegans stepped up and showed a lot of talent along with several players from Phoenix and Seattle.Thanks to the pros that played and Dee Adkins for representing Ohio.

Saw Many onepocket.org players Bernie P,SCBill, Col Billie,Wayne and Nick B.Nick was very impressive in the 2 matches I watched him play againstShane and Warren. He had them scratching their heads and saying "who is this guy playing so good against me".

Next year I hope the tournament is bigger and better. If you love our game make the commitment to not only attend but play in the 2019 US Open Banks and Onepocket. Show the world how onepocket is played in your town.

Thanks FRMN

Sir,
You played GREAT! Love the Chew and Coors. Great touch for a Big Dude. The extended pinky and french cuffs had an air of Mizerak. Nicely done.

We really need to support this tourney and Mark G. Maybe have a few regional qualifiers? I would do one up in Vancouver but I suspect I would be playing with myself (no jokes please) because as mentioned before nobody up here plays. Therefore I would throw my hat in with the Pacific Northwest Guys.

Here is an idea. At our One Pocket Org event. We have a losers mini for entry into the event? Guys are standing around and it keeps them busy????

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
I failed to mention Mary. There is something about Mary. Super nice and runs a tight ship. Mark is lucky to have here. Actually all the staff are great ambassadors. Smiles, Good Service, I come in every 4 months and Markus the bartender remembers my name and that I drink bottled water and wont go near a bar box.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 0

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I have always wanted to play in the US open one pocket but haven't had the chance to yet. I hope to try for it in 2019! Is it going to be around the same time frame next year did Mark say and I missed it?

frmn

Verified Member
two things I forgot to mention.
In the dispute over the number of 9 footers there was one more and that was the table that had the tournament bracket on it.

The second thing is if you are going to have a dress code, enforce it. I know the turnout was less than expected and "we needed the dudes" but either we have a dress code or we don't.

markgriffin

Verified Member
US Open one pocket

US Open one pocket

two things I forgot to mention.
In the dispute over the number of 9 footers there was one more and that was the table that had the tournament bracket on it.

The second thing is if you are going to have a dress code, enforce it. I know the turnout was less than expected and "we needed the dudes" but either we have a dress code or we don't.

I actually totally agree - the dress code got away from us. Next year, it will be mentioned more often and enforced. I got stuck in the booth and it got away from me.

There will also be a couple of modifications done on 'jeans' and tennis shoes. The biggest offender was Alcano and we talked to him. But I accept the blame....

Mark Griffin