Freddy - Ever heard of playing One Pocket this way?

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Freddy - Have you heard about playing One Pocket "One Foul, Ball In Hand"?
I've heard (from a reliable source) that this will be the DCC rules this year. Seems to me like it will change the whole game. It sure will make it quicker. What are your views on this?

Thanks, Tom, OHB

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sounds horrible

Sounds horrible

OldHasBeen said:
I've heard (from a reliable source) that this will be the DCC rules this year. Seems to me like it will change the whole game. It sure will make it quicker. What are your views on this?

Thanks, Tom, OHB

I will check with Greg Sullivan. I cant believe he would do that. The Speedo Onepocket rules that I suggest dont change the integrity of the game. They just eliminate those stall times when all the balls are hanging in pockets and all the banking lanes are closed.
the Beard

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
one foul, ball in hand

one foul, ball in hand

I hope that this is "ONLY A RUMOR" I for one hope that this "DOESNT" happen, this would totally change the interigty of the game , this should be reserved for proposition games and not the pure form of one pocket, besides I dont remember reading any of this in registration for 1P????????????,you shouldnt be able to make changes in the normal rules of 1p the day of tournment and implement new rules

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Fu#% That Rule Change

Fu#% That Rule Change

OldHasBeen said:

Thanks, Tom, OHB

As my sparring partner Freddy also said...That's the most idiotic rule change/suggestion I've ever heard - among other things it eliminates the offensive and defensive intentional foul - an integral part of advanced one pocket strategy.

And as Cal posted - I don't think it's even allowable for a major tournament to make that blatant of a rule change without announcing it before players have entered/paid their entry fee. Ghost

ironman

Verified Member
OldHasBeen said:

Thanks, Tom, OHB

Why would they take the intentional out of the game. It has been a part of the game since buttons on a shirt.
The only thing that figures into this is the time factor, but time wasn't a big factor last year was it?
Not all, but a lot of us play 1-pcket to slow down a bit and now they want to speed up. I just can't see the logic.

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Wait a min - It was just a rumor (from a good source).

Wait a min - It was just a rumor (from a good source).

It sure as hell wasn't my idea. I just heard about it being rumored about.
I can't see it being implemented without discussion either.
Just wanted to get Freddy's opinion on the concept.
It would be a whole new game that would favor the shooters over the movers.

TY & GL