Freddie, come out where ever you are

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
There you....

There you....

......are Freddie.The magic of cyberspace.Its all true what we said about you and your demise here would be like a funeral/dirge for those of us who live for the stories from the vault and your the keeper.This couldnt have happened like this 25 years ago.Instant accessability.So,were back from the darkness,you,us,him and were almost one happy,aging,crazy family ready to keep on keepin on.BRAVO,ENCORE,YAVITZ!!!!!Now...........whats the deal with this crossover in the side?Do I need to spin it,hit it low,turn off the air,open the door or kill it with kindness?HAHAHA.............

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Thank goodness you guys have mended the fences. I am not on this forum much, but I know that you two are among the most valued posters on here. I have known John for many years and have very rarely heard him speak badly about anyone, so I know his remarks were out of character. I've only known Fred for a few years, but consider him a friend as well. It's never pleasant when two people you like are at odds with one another, so I am glad that you two have been able to resolve this issue. I'd love to take the two of you to dinner in January at the DCC, but only if I can host both of you at the same time.:)

I am open to anything free.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
Had a long talk with the ultimate common sense person, Dr Bill Incardona. If you ever need a push back to sensibilty he is the guy to do it. Staying away a few days and never opening 1pkt.org not even once, for all that time was helpful.

Decided to put it all behind me. John has apologized. I accept it. I just hope that drinking doesnt become a real problem for him. It has ruined the careers of many. I speak from a prior substance abuse position.

I am grateful and want to give thanks to those who have been supportive and understanding.

For the record, I have railed, and will continue to do so, and barked about East Coasters (2 barrelers tops), West Coasters (over move, never play a passive safety), Kentucky and Cincinnati boys ( shooters not squeezers).
However, some of my closest friends are from all those places: Brooklyn Jimmy, Johnny Irvolino, Brooklyn Pancho, Truman Hogue in Ky, and Jack and Barbara Cooney from LA and San Francisco. And a whole lot more.

Beard

Finally, let us not forget that I have publicly stated on this forum, several times, that John Brumback is the best bank pool player in the world today.

Fred,thank you so much.I feel so bad and stupid and I deserved every bit of the chewings I got from more than a few people and members here.I am sorry to Fred and to everyone that heard me say all that absolute garbage.I got alot of words of wisdom that I will heed from now on too.

I too had or got a good talk from Dr. Bill,he is good friend to have around that's for sure.For Fred and I.Like I said Fred I did not mean any of that stupid stuff.

I'm bringing your little gift to Tunica and I would like to set down with ya and buy your dinner.I do like alot of your ole stories and I really am a fan of yours when I think about it.

So if it's ok with you..we got some free dinners coming out of this.Really me and Fred were just laying it down to get some free dinners.Good job Fred,It worked:) Your good friend,John B.

PS: I will try to watch my drinking,thanks.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I have never known John to turn down a free meal either, so I guess it's a date.

Hey Bill,do they have a Binions steak house down there too?:eek::lol Your bestest friend,John B.

This is going to be great time for all of us.I can't wait!! I'm leaving wed morn.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Geez I must be a heckuva moderator because I missed the whole interchange that led to this. Maybe it's just as well.

I guess the thing I would say is that last I looked, we are all human (except the spam 'bots' that are always trying to sneak their way into the forum, lol), which means all subject to saying, doing and especially thinking things that are monstrously regretful, and that kind of thing can get compounded by drinking, personal issues and even group psychology. Plus we all have egos, and pool players especially seem to have pretty strong egos and the testosterone to back it up -- seems to come with the territory necessary to succeed at pool, lol.

The thing that I like to come back to is, let's try to get back to the basic fact that we all share common interests here -- different angles, but common interests.

Also, I'd like to point out that different opinions seem to stimulate the process of learning -- so that (to a point) disagreement actually enriches the site -- to a point. Unfortunately if it gets too personal, overbearing or even just too redundant, the basic points of discussion tend to get obscured, and some posters begin to withdraw and presumably some potential new members decide to stick with lurking.

Anyway, I am glad this has been or is getting patched up (I hope it is anyway).

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hey Bill,do they have a Binions steak house down there too?:eek::lol Your bestest friend,John B.

This is going to be great time for all of us.I can't wait!! I'm leaving wed morn.

Sorry, John, I meant at the Horseshoe in Indiana in January. I'm not going to Tunica, but don't let that stop you from bujying Fred a dinner there!:)

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
It's great that this is patched up. Two very knowledgeable posters leaving work hurt the forum. Very glad to hear they will still contribute.

lfigueroa

Verified Member

John, you'll have to go over to The Horseshoe, about three miles away, for Binion's.

Lou Figueroa

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
C'mon down, Lou. You know you want to.:) Don't be skeered of the heat. Just bring a hand fan. You'll be alright. I wouldn't even be surprised if the hotel and the tournament venue will be air conditioned.

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Fred,thank you so much.I feel so bad and stupid and I deserved every bit of the chewings I got from more than a few people and members here. I am sorry to Fred and to everyone that heard me say all that absolute garbage.I got alot of words of wisdom that I will heed from now on too.

John,

As a proper way of saying you're sorry for putting me through all that stress and grief on my homeboy Freddy's behalf...for me to forgive you...I feel you should give me 10-5 playing banks for $300 a game at the next DCC...:eek:....:)

- Ghost

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
John,

As a proper way of saying you're sorry for putting me through all that stress and grief on my homeboy Freddy's behalf...for me to forgive you...I feel you should give me 10-5 playing banks for $300 a game at the next DCC...:eek:....:)

- Ghost

10 to 5:eek: I thought you were a player,jk jk:lol John B.
PS: I would but some ole guy told me that you might poke my eye out iffin I was close to where you were at:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
10 to 5 :eek: I thought you were a player, jk jk :lol John B.
PS: I would but some ole, crazy, decrepit guy told me that you might poke my eye out iffin I was close to where you were at :D

Yeah, I know...10-7 is the fair game..:)..but I got's to penalize you 2 extra balls for brutalizing my homeboy...:heh

- Ghost

lfigueroa

Verified Member
C'mon down, Lou. You know you want to.:) Don't be skeered of the heat. Just bring a hand fan. You'll be alright. I wouldn't even be surprised if the hotel and the tournament venue will be air conditioned.

Doc

Yeah, well, maybe, for a day or three.

Lou Figueroa

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Whadda I miss? I was very busy the past few days and missed all the hulla ka boo.
I think Freddie that what has hurt you the most is the criticism coming from someone you respect very much. I don't blame you. If John went public on how he really feels about me, I wouldn't leave my house for life. I'm glad you guys got it straightened out.
Free meals?
After all the things you have said to me and vice versa, Freddy, you owe me a few free meals. When you come out for the 8-7 I will let you take me to Vascilli's in Santa Cruz. Best Greek hamburger in the US.
Quit ducking all the top players, Freddy, I have a whole list somewhere. I just can't find it.:eek::eek:
Damn. John, you are one of the nicest guys I have ever met, for a pool player, what happened? Have you been hanging out with Truman and that Early Times. Booze, the gateway drug to bad behavior. One drink, two drink, three drink, floor.
Although Freddie will never admit I even know Truman, the time Truman, Eric and I were on the road in Kentucky, it was my duty to go to the moonshiners to make sure Eric and Truman had enough Early Times to play. In those days, before the flood, most Kentucky counties were dry. Back then if a town had a post office, they had a pool room. We would go in and ask for the best player and then the booze. At the end of the trip, which was Bowling Green, Kentucky, we were broke and three of us were sleeping it off in my Corvair convertible after a drunken match with John Edwards.
I'm at the top of my game Freddy, which is just below beginner.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 0

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Whadda I miss? I was very busy the past few days and missed all the hulla ka boo.
I think Freddie that what has hurt you the most is the criticism coming from someone you respect very much. I don't blame you. If John went public on how he really feels about me, I wouldn't leave my house for life. I'm glad you guys got it straightened out.
Free meals?
After all the things you have said to me and vice versa, Freddy, you owe me a few free meals. When you come out for the 8-7 I will let you take me to Vascilli's in Santa Cruz. Best Greek hamburger in the US.
Quit ducking all the top players, Freddy, I have a whole list somewhere. I just can't find it.:eek::eek:
Damn. John, you are one of the nicest guys I have ever met, for a pool player, what happened? Have you been hanging out with Truman and that Early Times. Booze, the gateway drug to bad behavior. One drink, two drink, three drink, floor.
Although Freddie will never admit I even know Truman, the time Truman, Eric and I were on the road in Kentucky, it was my duty to go to the moonshiners to make sure Eric and Truman had enough Early Times to play. In those days, before the flood, most Kentucky counties were dry. Back then if a town had a post office, they had a pool room. We would go in and ask for the best player and then the booze. At the end of the trip, which was Bowling Green, Kentucky, we were broke and three of us were sleeping it off in my Corvair convertible after a drunken match with John Edwards.
I'm at the top of my game Freddy, which is just below beginner.

Bill, I think all those mushrooms have made guacamole out of your brain pan.:sorry The next time I see you I will have an ample amount of taco chips to dig around in your deranged noggin.:lol I hereby promise you 8 to 7.

Beard

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill, I think all those mushrooms have made guacamole out of your brain pan.:sorry The next time I see you I will have an ample amount of taco chips to dig around in your deranged noggin.:lol I hereby promise you 8 to 7.

Beard

It's the IV of Timothy Learys best that gets me through the day. How do you think I get that glow?
10-7? :lol:lol First the free dinner at Vasilli's.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
It's the IV of Timothy Learys best that gets me through the day. How do you think I get that glow?
10-7? :lol:lol First the free dinner at Vasilli's.

I took acid once. I was unfortunate enough to land on the most potent batch probably ever made. The trip lasted a full year with recurring flashbacks for the next 10 years. Others who were up with that batch said it was stronger than the Sunshine Pill and STP.

Two hard core acid heads spent the next 5 years trying to track down another dose of it. They went patrolling up and down northern California in search of it.

Beard