Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Whitey & lll, Howdy;

Here's another, against Appleton this time, 2012 US Open 9-Ball
The two are Hill-Hill last rack.

hank
Thanks Hank,
This kick is worthy of having its own thread.
I do not get it when Efren is pointing his stick and lining up an angle either towards the foot rail or the pocket, really can not tell which for the pocket is cut off from view.
But is he playing some kind of kick system?

I believe Efren is kicking into the 4 to directly knock the 9 in the side. Because if he directly kicks the 4 into the cross corner pocket then it will not leave a shot on the 5.
It sure is a joy watching Efren celebrate. thanks again, Whitey

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Efren's the best and my favorite player. Thanks for the links. I ordered this t-shirt from Dr. Dave last week:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201015-141121.png
    Screenshot_20201015-141121.png
    879.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: lll

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Whitey, Howdy;

After looking at it again it looks like he's figuring the carom angle for where the 4 will hit after bumping the 9.
If you follow the 4 ball's track it comes off the very edge of the Right Side rail at the corner, bumps the 9 then
goes to where he touches the rail on the Left. But, ... that's just how I see it.

hank

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Whitey, Howdy;

After looking at it again it looks like he's figuring the carom angle for where the 4 will hit after bumping the 9.
If you follow the 4 ball's track it comes off the very edge of the Right Side rail at the corner, bumps the 9 then
goes to where he touches the rail on the Left. But, ... that's just how I see it.

hank
Hank, that makes perfect sense! Man I am glad you figured that out, because wow, I was wondering if I needed to learn a whole new kicking system!
LOL! take care, and thanks! I sure will be glad when you rec room opens back up, I and we all miss your stories on your thread! Whitey