efren/corey make it happen #82

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If the 3 is frozen, Effy is going to have to show off his billiard skills somewhere, somehow. If it is not frozen he can nudge, but Corey can nudge back and pretty soon the 3 would most likely end up frozen. I would nudge if the cue ball is not frozen -- might as well try it.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't think Efren can win a nudge battle with the 3 ball. He has lots of shots available. I would probably either just roll into the 14 trying to keep the CB right in front of the 14 (so Corey would have to shoot over the 14), or bat the 14 away with low english leaving the CB on the rail. That leaves a very long tough cut on the 9, of which if Corey misses, the game is over. Even he were to make it, he'd only get one or two.

There again, Efren happened to pick the wrong shot in the previous inning. A three ball cluster in that position is tough to free up using the lead ball. He should have banked the 9 to his own hole, leaving whitey up on the center head rail; or he should have simply batted it away, leaving the CB tough. He should have thought to himself, "What would Nick Varner do here?":)

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I don't think Efren can win a nudge battle with the 3 ball. He has lots of shots available. I would probably either just roll into the 14 trying to keep the CB right in front of the 14 (so Corey would have to shoot over the 14), or bat the 14 away with low english leaving the CB on the rail. That leaves a very long tough cut on the 9, of which if Corey misses, the game is over. Even he were to make it, he'd only get one or two.

There again, Efren happened to pick the wrong shot in the previous inning. A three ball cluster in that position is tough to free up using the lead ball. He should have banked the 9 to his own hole, leaving whitey up on the center head rail; or he should have simply batted it away, leaving the CB tough. He should have thought to himself, "What would Nick Varner do here?":)

Doc

Or The Ghost.:sorry

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I like banking the fourteen down toward the cluster and sticking the cue ball. I'm not afraid of putting balls in play like that fourteen. After all, in a way it kind of already is in play.
The angle looks perfect for this shot and it will put a great deal of pressure on Corey if Efren can loosen all those balls near his pocket. He could even get lucky and make one of them here.

Tom