chicago one pocket and hall of fame candidates

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
OldHasBeen said:
That's the player who Louie was playing in a bar (and going off to) when Larry Hubbard took over & Got All The Cheese. One of the best bar box matches I've ever seen.

TY & GL
Chino, was a hell of a bar table player, Tom. I liked his end playing Louie there but not Larry. His 8 ball game was better than his 9 ball game. I'm just trying to find out if the guy is still alive. How bout it, Ghost?

champagne

Verified Member
philip guagliardo said:
only once he wanted to watch the ballgame I was 2 games ahead we quit . 9 to 6 and the break ! he beat me in my best game nine ball giving me the 8 . I just beat mexican johnny like a drum same game and could have beat him even but johnny backers said no mas . I figured I finally had artie in a trap , but as usual he paralyze my game ! I should have told him I just beat johnny ! maybe he would have dogged it ? yeah right ! he never dogged it in his lfe . how about that snicker he'd give you when you made a good shot ! it would go right threw my brain , alls I could think about was beating him up or strangling him . race track phil
yeah phil "the snicker" it was great huh.how are you this is sammy

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
I started to read your post and when you said gar and 8 to 7 and got a coach . I said this is sammy ! got a lot of good memories of you , except when you burnt my car with your cigarette , when we were on a cicero drunk . hell they stoled that car on me later that year , glad you put burns in the arm rest . nothing changes with me except I age every year , still betting the ponies . your name comes up a lot when tell old stories about hustlers . I always wondered where you went and dale too ! we had a lot of good times together and you were always a stand up guy and you know I liked that ! hope everything is going well for you . and if you ever stop back in chicago look me up , be good to see you again . phil

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Good thing Artie can barely read or write

Good thing Artie can barely read or write

philip guagliardo said:
I started to read your post and when you said gar and 8 to 7 and got a coach . I said this is sammy ! got a lot of good memories of you , except when you burnt my car with your cigarette , when we were on a cicero drunk . hell they stoled that car on me later that year , glad you put burns in the arm rest . nothing changes with me except I age every year , still betting the ponies . your name comes up a lot when tell old stories about hustlers . I always wondered where you went and dale too ! we had a lot of good times together and you were always a stand up guy and you know I liked that ! hope everything is going well for you . and if you ever stop back in chicago look me up , be good to see you again . phil

Well it looks like all the old North Shore Alumni is signing on. Sammy and Phil are two of my very best pals. All we need now is Artie. Unfortunately, he is not very literate. I used to abuse him for having no education, and then he would bust me playing One Pocket. All these years later, Artie still hasn't got any smarter, only richer. When we would get to wolfing at each other, I would call him dumb and he would call me a One Pocket dunce, and then prove it! Phil, Sammy, and I, still love the rat anyway.
the Beard