CA Billiards for Bank Pool and One Pocket

cabilliardclub

Verified Member
I am planning a 4 day event, starting with Bank Pool (2 days) and finishing with One Pocket (2 days). My thoughts are a field of 24 for bank pool and 48 for one pocket.

My question to all the players out there, What month is a good time for this event and what would you like to see for added money and entry fee?

Please take your answers seriously, These are not just questions for the hell of it, this event will happen I would just like it to go off correctly for everyone!

Thanks for your comments,

Chris Swart, California Billiard Club

SactownTom

Thurday, Friday, Sat-Sun event?
or
Sat-Sun Mon-Tue event?

One Pocket on the weekend days

Summer Special maybe mid July or mid Aug.

24 x $50 = $1200 Added would be $300 for a $1500 total
Pay 6 places $500 for first.

48 x $50 = $2400 Added would be $600 for a $3000 total
Pay 8-12 places (12 places is 25% of the field) first $750

Just some quick thoughts

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Bank Pool...in sunny Cal..?

Bank Pool...in sunny Cal..?

Chris,

You know better than I, but do you have enough bank pool players in the area, to support even a short field ? Doubt anyone would travel far for those numbers...Wouldn't a larger, 3 day 1 pocket event be more well attended, and more fruitful ?..(.Jes askin'..:cool:)

By the way, congrats on a great tournament last week..Wish I could have made it..:)

Dick

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
cabilliardclub said:
I am planning a 4 day event, starting with Bank Pool (2 days) and finishing with One Pocket (2 days). My thoughts are a field of 24 for bank pool and 48 for one pocket.

My question to all the players out there, What month is a good time for this event and what would you like to see for added money and entry fee?

Please take your answers seriously, These are not just questions for the hell of it, this event will happen I would just like it to go off correctly for everyone!

Great plans, Chris! For smaller fields like that, I don't think many would balk at higher entry fees-- say, $100+.

We charged $125 entry ($15 to the house) for our 48 man 1P tournaments, and no one batted an eye. I realize California players are used to very low entry fees; but on the other hand, better players will travel further if there are bigger paydays. When you think about it, a $100 bill is not worth much today. They spend about like $20's used to...:rolleyes:

You might even consider charging the pros $125 and the lesser players $75. That might assuage the amateurs.

Higher entries plus $2000 added would ensure the top 4-5 players getting decent dough. I don't know if Calcutta's are allowed where you are. That's always a big plus.

If you haven't tapped your vendors for added dough, that's a good idea. Especially the beer distributors like to advertise, and they all have budgets for that.

Doc

John Brumback

Verified Member
cabilliardclub said:

Hey Chris,Just want to say first that you have a great looking and sounding pool room! Man that place Is sweet!!! Those gold crowns looked like they played good.I watched some of the stream.It was good.

Full rack bankpool..race to 3.
as much $ as you can add
sept.or Oct.

Good luck Chris,Sounds like you know how to get the players and to have a good turn out!! Mnt.view,Is It??? hmmm. John B.