Bugs report

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
He aint too hot, fellas. He's still in infectious isolation (you gotta wear a mask, gloves and a gown to visit) and he aint answering the phone. I talked to the nurse and she said he dont want to talk on the phone. He is also hallucinating somewhat, at night, off of the plethora of medicine and drugs he is on. He's better during the day. The nurse said he's going through a depression stage and said he might perk up with a visit. I got the final check from the raffle and I'll bring it out there tomorrow. That should pick up his spirits. Later.

the Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Prayers are all that's left

Prayers are all that's left

Bug's daughter called me last night. Bugs has been moved to another hospital. South Shore Hospital. Pho # and address no longer matter. His next stop is a hospice. Just about everything has stopped working. Liver, lungs, eating etc. I'll try to get out there one more time. Whether he will be able to acknowledge me is another matter. Once more, thanks to everyone who helped out and even thanks to those who wished they could have. His family is still in tough shape. His mother is alive but not doing too good, his daughter, Sandrea just had heart surgery herself. She said to thank everyone. It's still amazing that she never knew, until now, that her father was a champion.

the Beard

JAM

Verified Member
God bless Bugs. I sure hope he can get through these difficult times. I cannot imagine how hard it must be for him, especially having to endure all of the medical treatments. This post makes me sad. I'm putting Bugs on the top of my prayers!

JAM

JAM

Verified Member
Please send him my and Keith's very best wishes, Freddy!

JAM

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Aint going back no more

Aint going back no more

Went to South Shore hospital this morning. I aint going back no more. I just cant take it. Bad as Bugs looked before, he looked way worse today. Amazingly, and it was the only good news of the day, he recognized me and was semi-lucid. Artie Bodendorfer wanted me to call him while I was there and I did. Bugs did acknowledge Artie also but had much trouble hearing over the phone. I told him he was in everybodys prayers throughout the country and I think he was moved by that. As it stands, there aint many things still funtioning for him, so its just a matter of time. Later I'll do a little requiem, but right now I aint in the mood.

the Beard

mosconiac

Verified Member
You have my respect, Beard, and I empathize with you. It's painful to visit someone when you know they are dying before your eyes, but you must believe that your visits (even if only a few minutes in length) are comforting that person in their final hours.

Sometimes, we don't even know what to say to them. What you say is not important. It's the heart-felt gesture of just being there that matters. When words fail you, take their hand in your own and say nothing. They know why they are there and what is about to happen.

It's noble...repeat NOBLE...of you to put your own distress aside in the hopes that your presence can comfort him at his bedside.

ALAN ENDE

Thanks For All You've Done Freddy !!

Thanks For All You've Done Freddy !!

Freddy Has His Place Well Solidified In Heaven For All He Has Done For "bugs",,,,the World Needs More Heartfelt, Sincere , Loving And Caring People Like Freddy B.........

You're A World Class Guy "mr. B" !!!

Alan

The Woim

Suspended
I concur with what Alan said. At the end of his days, Freddie was always there for Bugs. This should be noted in the annals of stories of pool.

I hate the passage of time but it's a futile hate. Most of the people I loved as a child are now departed and even though my religious beliefs maintain an eternity, this doesn't make the parting any easier.

Sincerely,

The Woim

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
I personally think Freddy has helped everyone know Bugs a little better with his updates and should be applauded for his friendship to a man in need . I told freddy that I would go with him to see Bugs , but I really do not want to see one of the greatest players in the shape he is in and suffering ! I just cant stand to see old friends in bad shape and I know Freddy doesn't either , but he still tries to give him support with his visits something that I think is very hard to do . One thing about most pool players you might battle like your in a war playing each other in life , but there is a special bonding with those players after years and years playing each other and they are great memories later in life . Bugs , Freddy , and Artie all battled for years trying to beat each other ! The wind up in those battles was they all won because they became lifelong friends and I feel proud to have shared great moments with them . Just remember when someone leaves this earth the relationship you have with this person never leaves your thoughts . I'm sure the great Bugs will battle as hard as he can to survive just like he battled in every pool game he ever played . We can all help by saying a little prayer for the great one .
Phil