Buddt Vs Efren

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
while im asking questions
dennis you pointed out some perils on some selections
"oh zen master:D " what would you shoot??
lll,

Not fair for me to answer. If you'll notice, in post #14, I posted a different picture(Buddy trying to pry off & eat the side pocket) than you did, indicating that I possess the DVD of the match and have seen it today. It's just puzzling how guys who don't have any idea what it's like to play a serious match against a good player think that they'd make a ball or do something else incredibly outrageous in replying to the break of the greatest one-pocket player ever.

Cowboy "zen master D" Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
If anybody had ever shot this shot then you would know hard it is and the pitfalls of it. Do you know how tough it is to bank a single ball(8) into a certain other single ball(14) from this distance & still control the cueball? You must bank the 8 into a small target area on the 14 ball. Here are at least three things that usually go wrong when you shoot this shot from here. Not to mention what would happen if the 8 banked two rails and hit the 4 ball(pink ball I think?) Does anybody just play safe the first shot after the break?

View attachment 1784

View attachment 1785

View attachment 1786
Does anybody just play safe the first shot after the break?

if i knew how to bold this i would.
sage advice zen master:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
tom what were you thinking???
while im asking questions
tom im curious as to why you picked your shot .
ill give you time to see this and give buddy's responce tommorrow

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
lll said:
tom im curious as to why you picked your shot .
ill give you time to see this and give buddy's responce tommorrow

I'm trying not to lose on my first shot.

The 14 & 15 are on my side. IF i can add the13 to my side sticking the Q ball in the stack he doesnt have much of an answer unless he pulls a rabit out of his hat.

The only shot he has after is a back cut bank on the 2, with makeable shots facing my hole.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
jtompilot said:
I'm trying not to lose on my first shot.

The 14 & 15 are on my side. IF i can add the13 to my side sticking the Q ball in the stack he doesnt have much of an answer unless he pulls a rabit out of his hat.

The only shot he has after is a back cut bank on the 2, with makeable shots facing my hole.
tom add a cookie to your thanksgiving day feast:)
thats exactly what buddy shot

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
It looks a little risky coming of the 8 ball for 2 reasons that I can see. First it looks like there may be a kiss with this choice, and secondly what about the possibility of leaving a billiard off the pink, pocketing the 5 ball? I would play safe off the 2 ball and reposition the cue ball between the 13 ball and I believe 7 ball. You will reposition the 13 ball on your side of the table and the next time you get back to the table you should have a more workable solution.

Billy I.
The angle that Buddy has in regard to playing off the 8 ball is an akward one.:eek: The cue ball is positioned too high for him to controll the cue ball comfortably.:( If you can invision the cue ball at least 2 to 3 inches lower,:D then he can follow through the 8 ball and cross it (many ways) and FLOAT under the 4 and 5 ball with much better results. By FLOATING the cue ball he will have much better controll of it resulting in a much higher up side.:cool: Trust me, i'm a doctor

Billy I.

Last edited: