Bankin tip..good one too...

John Brumback

Verified Member
Draw make pocket small...stun or high......make pocket bigger. Don't knock it till ya'll try it.Thanks, JB

Last edited:

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Draw make pocket small...stun or high......make pocket bigger. Don't knock till ya'll try it.Thanks, JB

I've made banks a much higher percentage after you shared this tidbit on the forum and your video.

You can stop telling others now if you want. :) I'd appreciate it.

Dudley

John Brumback

Verified Member
I've made banks a much higher percentage after you shared this tidbit on the forum and your video.

You can stop telling others now if you want. :) I'd appreciate it.

Dudley

I would Dud,but maybe someone will buy me somethin to eat somewhere down the road:p Thanks pal,JB

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Draw make pocket small...stun or high......make pocket bigger. Don't knock it till ya'll try it.Thanks, JB
Thanks for giving us a tip, John! Do you mean shooting banks cross-corner, cross-side, straight-back, or all three?

Coincidentally there is currently a discussion on the main forum about the effects of draw or follow on bank shots.

Good to see the Banks forum being used.

~Doc

John Brumback

Verified Member
Thanks for giving us a tip, John! Do you mean shooting banks cross-corner, cross-side, straight-back, or all three?

Coincidentally there is currently a discussion on the main forum about the effects of draw or follow on bank shots.

Good to see the Banks forum being used.

~Doc

Doc,as far as I'm concerned...a bank is a bank. JB

PS: I saw that discussion:cool:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Brumback method

Brumback method

For those of you that doubt it, don't... He showed me how to make the pocket bigger, from anywhere on the table, really. However learning how to make banks and never hitting the cue more than a tip outside of center is interesting to say the least.

The only reason I use draw on banks now is to get the cue out of the way...

Just saying...

B

PS if you take what Freddie showed me and then what John did, you would think I could bank a ball or two... I'll take 10 to 6 against anyone on this site, except John, full rack banks for a 100 a game...

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I would Dud,but maybe someone will buy me somethin to eat somewhere down the road:p Thanks pal,JB

I'm still trying to understand that stuff you showed us a couple of years ago in DCC at Freddy's seminar. I was sort of distracted because after you warmed up, you never missed a stinkin' bank. When you were getting ready to shoot, I thought you were dialing the caliper on your cue. Later that year, when I met with Freddy in Chicago, he called you a freak of nature. It was a compliment.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I think I've heard you say before that overcutting and shortening a bank makes the pocket bigger. Is this the same principle?

Thanks for the tips!

pj
chgo

John Brumback

Verified Member
I think I've heard you say before that overcutting and shortening a bank makes the pocket bigger. Is this the same principle?

Thanks for the tips!

pj
chgo

Yep,It's the difference between coming into a small pocket vs a large pocket,but on the same table. I grew up playing with some of the best bankers in the world
and that's what I learned from them even though none of them could or would explain to me the reason they held most all of their banks. I figured it out on a napkin in a hotel room with a top bank player that I will refuse to name. I drew it out and asked him... is this the reason?...to make the pocket bigger?,and he just said.........hell I guess so :lol John B.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
A lot of times the holdup English helps you escape the kiss. Freddie didn't like it too much because of the possible scratch in the side off the end rail. What do you say to this? I do like it. I have scratched but not that often.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Probably me - lol

Cindy is coming to derby with me so you knows we all gots to eat and conversate

Later, Pel

Man I hope that Binions is still there:lol Thats' the best food ever:p JB

PS: I can't wait to hang out like we do.First rounds on me:)

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
Bigger Pockets

Bigger Pockets

I just purchased both of Johns DVD's last week and they were well worth it. Lots of great information including this tip he just gave. I use to bank a lot of my shots with draw and at speed - but without recording the shot and watching it slowly you'd never see that the object ball gets forward which off the rail the ball curves forward slightly wide. Now banking with this tip - "Draw make pocket small...stun or high......make pocket bigger." and watching in his videos you can clearly see that the object ball starts going wide of the pocket and curves back slightly. This gives the incoming angle of attack a bigger target and hence makes more balls drop.

Great advice John!!