Bank Pool ring game DCC

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
They were playing 10 ball Banks were they not? What does Busty's 9-Ball break have to do with it?

I noticed that Woodward's Mother was there to witness his play in Tunica and I heard that she was there for the DCC. I'm sure she's very proud of her little budding businessman.

Do you even understand how he & Bustamante cheated the fans, AccuStats, live audience, future DVD audience, commentators, and anyone else concerned?

His being "unbeatable the last rack" means nothing since the monies were already whacked up. It was simply an exhibition after that point.

After Busty & Skyler agreed to whack-up the 1st & 2nd place money nothing that happened in the game meant anything so why brag on it?

The AccuStats commentators were commenting on a match they didn't know was "fixed". If they saw greatness it was only an imaginary greatness.

The match was fixed and you are so proud of it. Good for you.

Dennis

I sure don't see it as cheating, but it does take all the pressure off both players and usually both will play their best. I'm sure they were both trying just as hard to win though.

The fans who paid to watch the match were cheated of an honest effort for their money.

AccuStats hauled their equipment to the DCC to Livestream and record matches for sale. They were cheated of an honest effort the last game of the Ring Game.

I paid $75 for the 9 day stream from AccuStats and even though I missed the game because I had to work, the fans who paid to see it on stream were cheated. They paid to see two players duke it out at the end of the Ring Game and instead they were treated to a farce.

Freddy Bentivegna, as the best BankPool commentator out there, was cheated. He thought he was commenting on a square game and he wasn't. Nothing he said by way of praise for these two players that last game means anything now.

AccuStats has been cheated out of at least one DVD sale that is normally automatic. I will not buy the BankPool Ring Game DVD as I now know that it is a joke.

Would you feel differently about Jack Nicklaus or Arnold Palmer if you found out weeks after a major golf tournament that they had agreed to whack-up the 1st & 2nd place monies as they were strolling to the 18th tee on a Sunday? Or maybe Tiger & Phil?

Sponsors who see things like this will leave with a bad impression and take their money elsewhere, yet it is generally accepted by many players to be a "non-wrong" thing to do. Then some idiot broadcasts it all around the world and lets everybody know how smart he is.

In the end, the players cheated themselves also. They'll never know what would've happened if they had not agreed to the split. As you said, all the pressure was now off but the pressure is what makes or breaks players. What good is the game without the pressure of losing? But they don't care about that, they sold their integrity for $1500 and people here pat them on the back for being so smart.

They are losers.

Dennis

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
If you know you are getting the same payday as the other guy, win or not, I would say that takes pressure off you knowing that you do not have to play your best. Granted everyone wants to be the 'winner'. However I think that players at this level would rather have their wallets stroked than their ego stroked. The sure thing syndrome.

JMHO - ICBW, Pel

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
They were playing 10 ball Banks were they not? What does Busty's 9-Ball break have to do with it?

I noticed that Woodward's Mother was there to witness his play in Tunica and I heard that she was there for the DCC. I'm sure she's very proud of her little budding businessman.

Do you even understand how he & Bustamante cheated the fans, AccuStats, live audience, future DVD audience, commentators, and anyone else concerned?

His being "unbeatable the last rack" means nothing since the monies were already whacked up. It was simply an exhibition after that point.

After Busty & Skyler agreed to whack-up the 1st & 2nd place money nothing that happened in the game meant anything so why brag on it?

The AccuStats commentators were commenting on a match they didn't know was "fixed". If they saw greatness it was only an imaginary greatness.

The match was fixed and you are so proud of it. Good for you.

Dennis

Dennis -

This is really the rule not the exception as you are portraying it.

Someone would really have to be pretty naive to not think that this happens most of the time.

Im not saying that I agree with the practice, but I have done it many times myself. The only difference is when I have done it, it was because I didnt want to play for another hour or two to determine who gets first or second place money in a tournament.

Ken

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis -

This is really the rule not the exception as you are portraying it.

Someone would really have to be pretty naive to not think that this happens most of the time.

Im not saying that I agree with the practice, but I have done it many times myself. The only difference is when I have done it, it was because I didnt want to play for another hour or two to determine who gets first or second place money in a tournament.

Ken

I'm not presenting a portrayal. The OP did. I simply gave my opinion on the practice. It's dishonest and poor sportsmanship to split the 1st & 2nd place money.

When $1500 becomes that important to a player he may want to reconsider his profession.

P.S. When someone does this in a smaller, local tournament because they have to work the next day or drive a long distance to get home I can understand it. No spectators paid to watch the match, AccuStats isn't there expecting an honest effort, sponsors aren't hanging at the Dew Drop Inn looking for a player to sponsor. It's different in a major tournament though.

This is just another reason the public doesn't care about pool or poolplayers.

Dennis

backplaying

Verified Member
I'm not presenting a portrayal. The OP did. I simply gave my opinion on the practice. It's dishonest and poor sportsmanship to split the 1st & 2nd place money.

When $1500 becomes that important to a player he may want to reconsider his profession.

P.S. When someone does this in a smaller, local tournament because they have to work the next day or drive a long distance to get home I can understand it. No spectators paid to watch the match, AccuStats isn't there expecting an honest effort, sponsors aren't hanging at the Dew Drop Inn looking for a player to sponsor. It's different in a major tournament though.

This is just another reason the public doesn't care about pool or poolplayers.

Dennis

It might not be the right thing on a big stage like that, but I don't see how it falls under being dishonest. If one didn't try their best for some reason, then I could see it. I do know is does make them play different without the pressure though, and could see how someone betting the match would be a little hot if he lost and found out they chopped it.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It might not be the right thing on a big stage like that, but I don't see how it falls under being dishonest. If one didn't try their best for some reason, then I could see it. I do know is does make them play different without the pressure though, and could see how someone betting the match would be a little hot if he lost and found out they chopped it.

If you don't see it falling under being dishonest then why you would think it might not be the right thing on a big stage like that?

Dennis

backplaying

Verified Member
I played in the finals in one of Shannon's, Southern Billiards tournaments and had to beat the guy twice, I won the first set, it was around 4 am and very few people were left watching, and the player asked me if I wanted to chop, and I did. I don't see it as being dishonest. I had myself in the Calcutta and was by myself, so, I also put myself in the tournament. I can see people seeing the difference with people who are playing for a living on a much bigger stage, and getting staked. I had the best of it and chopped, because I knew Shannon and Marge were dead tired and ready to get out of there..