Bank Games

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I never really played a lot of bank pool other than a weekly draw partners tournament that we used to have once a week when Beechmont Billiards was still around. However, when I would see people match up, they would always play a race to whatever and spot similar to one pocket (5-4 or 9-7 or whatever the case may be).

I have been seeing a lot of match ups lately where they play "by the rail" and don't even count balls any more, its all rails. So if I make a 2 railer, I get 2 points. 3 railer gives me 3 points, etc...So instead of a race in games, I have been seeing people do matches like 40 ahead (first one to get 40 points or rails ahead wins).

Is that something common or just around my local room here?

Just curious...thanks!

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
At the Derby City Classic for at the past four years, I have seen mostly players from Ohio and Kentucky who play in and usually master the multiple rail "ring" games.

Also a couple of years ago I watched a match at the Derby City Classic where a Chicago player who hit the one rail shots better than an Ohio player matched up to just play one fifteen ball rack, multiple rail contests to eight points. However, no single rail banks counted as a point and only a multiple rail bank counted as a point. That is two, three, four, etc. rail banks were the only way to score and it was only worth one point. The Chicago player looked like a fish out of water.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if you use the new "metrics" of the NBA
a 3 point shot is worth more than a 2 point shot
meaning you can afford to miss more 3 pointers and still win
for example shooting 50%
2 pointers 25/50 =50 points
shooting 40 % 3 pointers (you are going to miss more)
20/50 = 60 points
i think i saw a bank game where shane was only trying 5 rail banks alot of the time

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
At the Derby City Classic for at the past four years, I have seen mostly players from Ohio and Kentucky who play in and usually master the multiple rail "ring" games.

Also a couple of years ago I watched a match at the Derby City Classic where a Chicago player who hit the one rail shots better than an Ohio player matched up to just play one fifteen ball rack, multiple rail contests to eight points. However, no single rail banks counted as a point and only a multiple rail bank counted as a point. That is two, three, four, etc. rail banks were the only way to score and it was only worth one point. The Chicago player looked like a fish out of water.

A lot of the younger Midwest bar box circuit players have been playing a lot of by the rail ring games for the last 4 or 5 years. Chip, Sky, Danny, Richie, Billy, Alex O etc. And they all have become very good one pocket players. We have a local BTR ring game here every Friday night

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
A lot of the younger Midwest bar box circuit players have been playing a lot of by the rail ring games for the last 4 or 5 years. Chip, Sky, Danny, Richie, Billy, Alex O etc. And they all have become very good one pocket players. We have a local BTR ring game here every Friday night

Yea, watched Danny play some this weekend BTR..crazy game. When he is in stroke he hits those 4 railers so damn good it's sick.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Yea, watched Danny play some this weekend BTR..crazy game. When he is in stroke he hits those 4 railers so damn good it's sick.
Me and you should play some banks in Chicago. It would probably be a good match.
I would also like to re hash our talk about working on my website if you think you have time in June. I slow down then so i have more time to work on it. I need help to get it next level.... :D

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'd be interested in that sort of by the rail banks in Chicago too -- but not with certain Chicago monster players sorry Mike lol :eek:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Me and you should play some banks in Chicago. It would probably be a good match.
I would also like to re hash our talk about working on my website if you think you have time in June. I slow down then so i have more time to work on it. I need help to get it next level.... :D

Maybe on the banks game John, but I really don't play it..even thought I know I should being from cincinnati and/or kentucky both hehe...

Assuming we get the new design completed on onepocket.org before the tourney in June (which we should and something I already stated so we will make sure it happens!), I may be 'websited out' for a bit but I am happy to help and we can talk more about it for sure.

Either way, looking forward to seeing you again, we will definitely hang some in chitown ~

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Maybe on the banks game John, but I really don't play it..even thought I know I should being from cincinnati and/or kentucky both hehe...

Assuming we get the new design completed on onepocket.org before the tourney in June (which we should and something I already stated so we will make sure it happens!), I may be 'websited out' for a bit but I am happy to help and we can talk more about it for sure.

Either way, looking forward to seeing you again, we will definitely hang some in chitown ~

No hurry on the website. I've got a lot of videos and new pictures of products to do first .

chicagomike

Verified Member
I'd be interested in that sort of by the rail banks in Chicago too -- but not with certain Chicago monster players sorry Mike lol :eek:

No worries Steve...anything more than 1 rail makes my brain hurt anyway:frus

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Bille and I got in a handful of short rack banks in Chicago. He played and made two different short rail z banks down at the very end of the table. One three rails and one two rails -- both hit PERFECT!!!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Bille and I got in a handful of short rack banks in Chicago. He played and made two different short rail z banks down at the very end of the table. One three rails and one two rails -- both hit PERFECT!!!

BTW both of these were on one of the Diamond tables at Chris's. for the three-rail shot, I swear the object ball hit the opposite rail about a half diamond above the corner and it still reversed perfectly to go! The two rail version stayed a lot closer to the corners to begin with. It was also quite humid there at Chris's.

Somehow despite those two shots, I came out ahead by one slim game :)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
BTW both of these were on one of the Diamond tables at Chris's. for the three-rail shot, I swear the object ball hit the opposite rail about a half diamond above the corner and it still reversed perfectly to go! The two rail version stayed a lot closer to the corners to begin with. It was also quite humid there at Chris's.

Somehow despite those two shots, I came out ahead by one slim game :)

I am a witness!! LOL

Col Bille called the 3 rail shot and I whispered to Steve (or maybe someone else watching) that there as no way this ball was going to go and it went like it had eyes!

I can see those visits to our buddy's house in Owenton, KY is paying off :)

Good shooting sir ~