Back Pocket 9 ball rules - clarification

mohrt

Verified Member
From
Lincoln NE
I was playing some back pocket 9-ball with a friend and we ran into some rule questions, I was wondering if anyone could clear them up.

* if you foul on an illegal shot is it ball in hand, or is it option rules?
* illegally pocketed balls stay down or spot?
* scratch or ball off table foul, is it in the kitchen or BIH?
* if the 9-ball is in the jaws of your opponents pocket, can you shoot the 9 in and follow it in with the cueball so your opponent has to bank into his pocket? (applies to above question about kitchen vs. BIH)

TIA

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Back Pocket 9 ball rules - clarification

Answers in your quote below.

We play a lot of BP 9 ball in my area. (I was actually gambling at it tonight for the second time in years). ((After 1p gambling of course 😊))

I was playing some back pocket 9-ball with a friend and we ran into some rule questions, I was wondering if anyone could clear them up.

* if you foul on an illegal shot is it ball in hand, or is it option rules? ***ball in hand.

* illegally pocketed balls stay down or spot? *****Stay down.

* scratch or ball off table foul, is it in the kitchen or BIH? ***BIH.

* if the 9-ball is in the jaws of your opponents pocket, can you shoot the 9 in and follow it in with the cueball so your opponent has to bank into his pocket? (applies to above question about kitchen vs. BIH). *****They can shoot it straight in. No need to bank.

TIA

One other point.... If the 9 is moved on a shot that is a foul, the non shooter has the option of putting it back where it was prior to the shot. (So if it's near my pocket you couldn't just take a foul in order to move it away, etc).