Annual Members Only Tournament ??

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I know we already voted but I’ve played at Chris’s and I’ve played at Bluegrass and I would pick Bluegrass every single time, and twice on Sundays. They have parking. They have fantastic food. What? Did somebody say Action? Hello! Plus maybe we could bring Mitch out of retirement!

With that line of thinking I’d pick California Billiards every time.
However, Bluegrass was nice.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I know we already voted but I’ve played at Chris’s and I’ve played at Bluegrass and I would pick Bluegrass every single time, and twice on Sundays. They have parking. They have fantastic food. What? Did somebody say Action? Hello! Plus maybe we could bring Mitch out of retirement!

Mark, I will double down on Bluegrass Billiards. Food, motels, hotels and parking. PLENTY of action when not tournament play. Great

management, great equipment. History, for sure. Then there is Mitch - great liaison for 1-pkt.org .

That would be my choice for sure. But, I look forward to defending my title at Chris's .

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Mark, I will double down on Bluegrass Billiards. Food, motels, hotels and parking. PLENTY of action when not tournament play. Great

management, great equipment. History, for sure. Then there is Mitch - great liaison for 1-pkt.org .

That would be my choice for sure. But, I look forward to defending my title at Chris's .

There are several rooms in contention that are American classics.

Chicago is a big city walk-up in a very certain tradition. Memphis is a smaller room with a its own undeniable low-key allure. Having played at both I feel that Southaven Recreational Center (if it's up and running and they'll have us) should be a huge favorite in terms of accessibility, atmosphere, hospitality, and availability of nearby lodging and food.

To those that feel a prior commitment has been extended to Chris's I say: we're not talking about a reservation at The Royal Palace. Stuff happens and, personally, this long after the fact, I don't think it matters.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Both rooms are American classics.

Chicago is a big city walk-up in a very certain tradition. Memphis is a smaller room with a its own undeniable low-key allure. Having played at both I feel that Bluegrass should be a huge favorite in terms of accessibility, atmosphere, hospitality, and availability of nearby lodging and food.

To those that feel a prior commitment has been extended to Chris's I say: we're not talking about a reservation at The Royal Palace. Stuff happens and, personally, this long after the fact, I don't think it matters.

Lou Figueroa
Bluegrass is in Philly ;)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Mitch, I thought you quit playing??
Be good tah see yah.
Hope all is well out east.
Remember this, the Ghost has to spot us all the first break since it's his home court. ;)

well Bill I’m back but only once a week for a couple hours, and I’m almost helpless. Worst part is a guy I used to give 5 pockets to 1 and the breaks for 50 a game and rob will only play me with the same game, and now I’m the one getting robbed. hahah. I’ll take the first break from the ghost, and more if I can get it :).

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
well Bill I’m back but only once a week for a couple hours, and I’m almost helpless. Worst part is a guy I used to give 5 pockets to 1 and the breaks for 50 a game and rob will only play me with the same game, and now I’m the one getting robbed. hahah. I’ll take the first break from the ghost, and more if I can get it :).
Sounds like reality and I know how that goez....now on my end with my GCI in my backyard, I've finally able to pocket balls, understand LD shafts, get used to tight pockets, and understand 860 cloth, and get in line. My life and my attitude when when you and If first came across on another, have changed, dramatically. I've enjoyed your sprit and wayz, tho I know I've got the best of it now pocketing balls, But....I know I've got my work cut out for me in shot choice and cue ball placement. I look forward to our match in event play if that happens. Till then. bm

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
There are several rooms in contention that are American classics.

Chicago is a big city walk-up in a very certain tradition. Memphis is a smaller room with a its own undeniable low-key allure. Having played at both I feel that Southaven Recreational Center (if it's up and running and they'll have us) should be a huge favorite in terms of accessibility, atmosphere, hospitality, and availability of nearby lodging and food.

Lou Figueroa

I know Chris's ain't the Royal Palace, but then again does the Royal Palace have hot dogs? 😂