Alf Taylor's book gets some kind words from George Fels

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
In the November, 2012 issue of Billiards Digest, the noted pool writer George Fels reviewed several DVDs and books. Fels mentioned that there had been “a spate of self-published, first-person accounts of players’ hustling days.”

After mentioning a couple of such books, Mr. Fels goes on to say, “The tome I enjoyed most, however, was Alf Taylor’s The Other Side of the Road: A Pool Hustler’s Tale.“

Comparing Alf to other authors of similar books, Fels wrote that Alf, “is the best writer, an erudite man with a skilled voice and dry sense of humor.” Finally, Fels comments that, “The highlights of his book are his touching tribute to his friend Eddie Taylor (no relation), and a hilarious adventure with the legendary Utley ‘U. J.’ Puckett … you’re going to enjoy this.”

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
In the November, 2012 issue of Billiards Digest, the noted pool writer George Fels reviewed several DVDs and books. Fels mentioned that there had been “a spate of self-published, first-person accounts of players’ hustling days.”

After mentioning a couple of such books, Mr. Fels goes on to say, “The tome I enjoyed most, however, was Alf Taylor’s The Other Side of the Road: A Pool Hustler’s Tale.“

Comparing Alf to other authors of similar books, Fels wrote that Alf, “is the best writer, an erudite man with a skilled voice and dry sense of humor.” Finally, Fels comments that, “The highlights of his book are his touching tribute to his friend Eddie Taylor (no relation), and a hilarious adventure with the legendary Utley ‘U. J.’ Puckett … you’re going to enjoy this.”

Thank you, Bill.
You think of something every other day that helps me sell my products or tips to smoothe out my writings. Why can't we make it every day?
Keep it nice. Alfie