Addition to the Tournament Records

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
Steve,
I recently watched an accu-stats of Jersey Red playing Bob Osbourne (aka Ogburn) with Buddy and Cardone commentating at the 1991 Philadelphia Legends tournament.

Buddy mentioned that in the days leading up to the main event, South Philly Billiards had held a "mini" one pocket tournament with many of the strongest players (Varner, Hall, the Fuscos, etc.). Buddy mentioned that Mike Sigel defeated Wade Crane in the finals of that mini tournament. I think that this mini tournament was strong enough to justify inclusion in your tournament records.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
"Mini" tournament

"Mini" tournament

BackPocket9Ball said:
Steve,
I recently watched an accu-stats of Jersey Red playing Bob Osbourne (aka Ogburn) with Buddy and Cardone commentating at the 1991 Philadelphia Legends tournament.

Buddy mentioned that in the days leading up to the main event, South Philly Billiards had held a "mini" one pocket tournament with many of the strongest players (Varner, Hall, the Fuscos, etc.). Buddy mentioned that Mike Sigel defeated Wade Crane in the finals of that mini tournament. I think that this mini tournament was strong enough to justify inclusion in your tournament records.

I played in that "mini" tourney in Philly. Entree fee was $100 and I believe it filled at 64 players. We played at South Philly Billiards. A great pool room that was owned by the Mob. It was the strongest mini ever held. Every champ that played in the big tourney played in the mini. I had the honor of knocking Jersey Red out of both tournaments. I didnt celebrate much because I loved Red and we were great pals. Bugs was there but I dont remember if he played in the tournaments. He did beat Ronnie and Hopkins playing for the cash.

the Beard