"About - Face" OP Bank!

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Whitey, Howdy;

Brightening up my morning. Great force-follow, good stroke behind that.

hank

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Wow , you always surprise me. I would not have thought you could make the bank go that long and still get force follow on it , my rule of thumb is about a 2/3 rd ball hit for good action like that , I will have to go down and spend a while on the table. My basement was always dry until this last couple of years , now it still doesn't have standing water or anything but there is a lot of humidity in it , that makes everything an adventure.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Wow , you always surprise me. I would not have thought you could make the bank go that long and still get force follow on it , my rule of thumb is about a 2/3 rd ball hit for good action like that , I will have to go down and spend a while on the table. My basement was always dry until this last couple of years , now it still doesn't have standing water or anything but there is a lot of humidity in it , that makes everything an adventure.
I really laid into it, and gave it all I had! I had to make that cb pay attention and do an about face and fall in line, and even then I just got there with that spin that caught the rail. I used about a tip and a half inside reverse high.

Thanks for recognizing that I got a lot on the ball! Good luck doing it, I have the 15 ball about 1 ball width plus a 1/4 off the 2nd diamond. Whitey

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Thanks Guys! There is another technique when you are pressing the outer limits of this shot, and that is using the technique Mike Massey uses in shooting regular misdirection shots, by creating the cb to jump up after contacting the rail and once the cb is released from the friction of the table the spin increases tremendously. I had this videoed and wow I sure got a lot more spin. Unfortunately I accidently erased the video.
I probably should not of posted this for it is near impossible to pull off, for the timing and power would have to be perfect, but I'll work on it and see how practical it is. Whitey

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yes, that Is very impressive action on the cue ball -- and making the bank. Even though you witness this, your mind says, what the hell did I just see!?!?

Keith E.

Verified Member

Billy, have you tried putting a dehumidifier in your basement?

Keith

ETA: As Doc mentions below, it's definitely worth the time to have the condensate piped away instead of having to worry about dumping the pan continuously. Also, with the newer mechanical systems, you can have adjustable humidity parameters programmed in. That could eliminate the hassle of a stand alone dehumidifier.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Billy, have you tried putting a dehumidifier in your basement?

Keith
Good suggestion, Keith. I use one myself in the rec room, and it works like a champ. Can get it as dry as you like. Most can even be hooked up to a drain if you like, so that it never needs manual emptying. There are many brands available. Here in the coastal South, a dehumidifier is essential. For a pool table, A/C is not enough.