4 Ball?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I know I posted something about this game in one of my threads about Virtual Pool 4 but thought I would bring it up now since Caroms are now part of our forum.

I have played 3 cushion and straight rail billiards many times over the years but in Virtual Pool 4, not only do they have those 2 games but they also have 1 rail billiards and 4 ball (which became my favorite in the video game). It's basically the same thing as straight rail billiards except there are 4 balls on the table. You and your opponent each have your own CB plus there are 2 more balls on the table. If you contact your ball first and hit any other ball you score a point. If you hit 2 of the other balls it counts as 2 points.

Just curious if that game is really played anywhere or if it just exists in the video game.

On a side note I just went to the VP4 website where they keep track of the stats and leaderboards and even though i haven't played this in 2-3 years, I am still in the top 10 of one holers! :)

(I used to be #1 maybe I have to go in and reclaim my throne) :)

1595610033801.png

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
korean game, 2 reds 2 cueballs

your cueball cannot hit the oppoents cue ball or its a foul, loss of point and turn

played generally with bigger than 61.5mm carom balls, and smaller 8ftish table

i like it,
It's not new search Korean 4 ball on YouTube and you'll find plenty of it

The scoring as your describe in the video game isn't how it's played at the table to my knowledge

But the video game 1cushion they have is also different than how 1 Cushion is actually played in real life

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
korean game, 2 reds 2 cueballs

your cueball cannot hit the oppoents cue ball or its a foul, loss of point and turn

played generally with bigger than 61.5mm carom balls, and smaller 8ftish table

i like it,
It's not new search Korean 4 ball on YouTube and you'll find plenty of it

The scoring as your describe in the video game isn't how it's played at the table to my knowledge

But the video game 1cushion they have is also different than how 1 Cushion is actually played in real life
[/QUOTE

All correct Rich.